[Team If] Fire Emblem If Fanslation (All chapters and paralogues done)

Cellenseres

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

do I need to complete Hoshido/Nohr first to be able to play Invisible Kingdom patch?

Secondary interpretation: No. Invisible Kingdom is available, as it is in the normal game, from the first time you hit the point of choice. There is no unlocking requirement.

Not just that, we can't release a patcher. It would be piracy. (Unless we released a program that did EVERYTHING to which we're not going to do since it requires efforts beyond what we're willing to do.)

That seems a bit silly to me, to be honest. Releasing a patcher is not piracy in any form, unless the patcher contains material that you did not create (e.g. the patcher has parts of IK built into it). As it is, you're basically telling people to go pirate on their own time.

Note that I am not being ungrateful for the work you and others have done, but I am saying that this entire IK situation is downright silly. It has shoddy compatibility, and it's obnoxiously hard to set up even if you can run it. At the very least, the OP should have a disclaimer noting all of this. For the record, it is in fact possible to make modified CIA's run with Gateway, but due to the fact that I do not have extensive knowledge in the subject, I cannot pinpoint why your patch for IK messes things up.

That seems a bit silly to me, to be honest. Releasing a patcher is not piracy in any form, unless the patcher contains material that you did not create (e.g. the patcher has parts of IK built into it). As it is, you're basically telling people to go pirate on their own time.

Note that I am not being ungrateful for the work you and others have done, but I am saying that this entire IK situation is downright silly. It has shoddy compatibility, and it's obnoxiously hard to set up even if you can run it. At the very least, the OP should have a disclaimer noting all of this. For the record, it is in fact possible to make modified CIA's run with Gateway, but due to the fact that I do not have extensive knowledge in the subject, I cannot pinpoint why your patch for IK messes things up.

Often times in communities like this, outright piracy will be against the rules to facilitate and/or recommend, so the project team cannot endorse piracy in any way regardless of whether or not it's against their own personal morals. That's why on GBATemp and Reddit's /r/3DShacks nobody is allowed to mention the name of that one 3DS site with all the ISOs that people go to for 3DS piracy, and they have to refer to piracy as "playing legal game backups."

You're misunderstanding something here.

You're still thinking that they're using Gateway Mode (the custom firmware of Gateway) to install IK. In that "method" you sent me, they're only using Gateway to set up RxTools (a completely different custom firmware), and not Gateway Mode.

Gateway does support modified games, but the problem is that Gateway Mode can't handle modified DLC CIAs (so you cannot install it as it would give you an "Invalid CIA" error, or would give you a corrupted data error if you tried playing it), and thus doesn't support IK.

Again, they didn't release a patch for IK, they only released the files of IK.

Edited by thedude28

You're misunderstanding something here.

You're still thinking that they're using Gateway Mode (the custom firmware of Gateway) to install IK. In that "method" you sent me, they're only using Gateway to set up RxTools (a completely different custom firmware), and not Gateway Mode.

Gateway does support modified games, but the problem is that Gateway Mode can't handle modified DLC CIAs (so you cannot install it as it would give you an "Invalid CIA" error, or would give you a corrupted data error if you tried playing it), and thus doesn't support IK.

Again, they didn't release a patch for IK, they only released the files of IK.

I'm aware of how it works, since I have it running now on a dualboot of Gateway and rxTools. However, you are incorrect in saying that Gateway can't handle modified DLC CIAs. The modified NSMB2 DLC CIA is proof that it can, but it must be done in a very specific fashion (actually modifying the CIA instead of a simple "overwrite" to give it a unique ID, and modifying the base game via patch to have the same unique ID). Alternatively, simply making the patch properly function with HANS or so on would also solve the dilemma.

Often times in communities like this, outright piracy will be against the rules to facilitate and/or recommend, so the project team cannot endorse piracy in any way regardless of whether or not it's against their own personal morals. That's why on GBATemp and Reddit's /r/3DShacks nobody is allowed to mention the name of that one 3DS site with all the ISOs that people go to for 3DS piracy, and they have to refer to piracy as "playing legal game backups."

Point taken, but that's somewhat irrelevant here, given that they already released a patcher for the base game. The only way you can use the base game patched (with the patcher they provide) is via piracy/CFW methods, which are the exact same conditions required to run the IK DLC with a patch. I figured out how to patch the DLC with a bit (read: a lot) of research, but it was still far more difficult than it should have been, and they really shouldn't be advertising IK in a topic that is called "Menu + Chapter Patch" anyway.

At the very least, some directions (or a vague hint at where to go for directions) would be appreciated.

Point taken, but that's somewhat irrelevant here, given that they already released a patcher for the base game. The only way you can use the base game patched (with the patcher they provide) is via piracy/CFW methods

Not necessarily. One might use CFW to rip and decrypt a legally obtained copy of the game, then patch it and install as a CIA.

Now, if I had a nickel for every time someone took that specific non-piracy route I'd be a poor man, but the point is that the legal route is very much an option that is endorsed.

Not necessarily. One might use CFW to rip and decrypt a legally obtained copy of the game, then patch it and install as a CIA.

Now, if I had a nickel for every time someone took that specific non-piracy route I'd be a poor man, but the point is that the legal route is very much an option that is endorsed.

You can legally dump a CIA too though, assuming you have a Japanese 3DS to purchase it in the first place. Granted, it's more restrictive due to requiring a Japanese 3DS (unlike the base game, which you can dump from the cartridge on any region 3DS), but it is still in fact possible.

Is it possible for anyone to build a nohr version .romfs english patched for me? I have a mac and when I use wine to pack and unpack the .romfs of the unedited dump, it doesn't unpack/repack correctly and just doesn't work when I load it into HANS. I'd really like my nohr version to be english patched as I love playing through it but sometimes gets inconvenient.

So whats the plan for the next patch, wait till all the supports are done, wait till all the text is done, something else, or don't really know yet? And think the next one will be within the "few weeks" timespan, or longer?

So whats the plan for the next patch, wait till all the supports are done, wait till all the text is done, something else, or don't really know yet? And think the next one will be within the "few weeks" timespan, or longer?

We're not sure.

Probably in a few days, probably in a few weeks.

Soon

Edited by Cellenseres

Unless you want to modify the CIA yourself, the patched IK does not work with Gateway.

I got it working on Gateway fine with no modification I just deleted the contents of the exe folder for the main patch and it's working fine I can make a video if you need proof.

guys... is the DLC translated in your patch? Because I downloaded the patched DLC v3.0 but it's still in Japanese... :(

Did you patched invisible Kingdom and not the main game because patching the main game with those files is useless you need to patch the DLC itself.

Edited by tvo770

I got it working on Gateway fine with no modification I just deleted the contents of the exe folder for the main patch and it's working fine I can make a video if you need proof.

I'd actually like to see a video of IK (translated) running on Gateway if you have the spare time to do so.

So... I was told to run the English 3.0 DLC CIA in RxTools / FBI instead of Gateway mode, it installs properly.... but when I get to Chapter 7 its still in JPN. I noticed my Fates rom hexID ends in DE and the CIA patch ends in DC.... could this be causing it not to work?

You have to uninstall the already installed DLC and then install the custom English patched DLC.

You have to uninstall the already installed DLC and then install the custom English patched DLC.

Understood, what ive been doing is installing the 1.1 patch first, then the DLC in RxTools / FBI .... someone told me this had to be done while "fates" was loaded in your gateway rom selector which is impossible because gateway menu wont work while in Rxtools emunand...