Teq plays what Klok says: FE8 randomized [COMPLETE]

Tequila

[spoiler=The Tower Beckons: Ewan's Training]

So...I want a summoner. So far, Ewan is the only candidate. He has really bad strength and a really bad strength growth. Therefore, training him during the campaign is pretty much impossible. So, I shall take the opportunity to train him in the tower (and some of my other guys as well). I also do some supports. Once this is over, I don't anticipate returning to the tower until after chapter 15, when Eirika returns (for supports), and then not until the post-game.

hkQuQhS.png

First, we use the master seal Dozla kindly provided to get him into the shaman class. The +2 strength is really nice.

XcVSTNk.png

The first level is...not Ewan? WHAT IS THIS!? Well, the fact is, those entombed are so tough that alot of my units can't even damage it. So, Vanessa, with Moulder and Syrene's support, is steadily chipping it, while Ewan kills things from behind Tethys' back.

YhVhqrM.png

Like so. I turn off combat animations because this is gonna be long and boring, and revenants take FOREVER to attack. I get that they're zombies, but come on, seriously.

9x87WNO.pngStBPHlO.pngKAQ7DHV.pngsLDP3rD.png

z4V87OB.png16b7ZY0.png6uyFVB9.png2xZ9LwY.png

EqFltG6.pngCtzzjG6.pngEhuP5Ah.pngR3gExwg.png

Z1MF3Z2.pngXbfHt3P.pngUREqZgQ.png

Non-Ewan levels (TETHYS GOT SPEED TWICE HOLY SHIT AND SALEH GOT IT ONCE TOO HOLY SHIT)

eYn0DFH.pngFZeJfDL.pngYj5fvZK.png53aVTf5.png

0VdbzYN.png3r4zlEv.pngWHbsIMj.png7VbXEsU.png

H6q6y3D.pnge8rPtyc.pngT1giYli.pngA4ab5ON.png

K4L2Rfe.pngyS07Dg8.pngphI84lI.png

Ewan levels.(HE GOT SPEED TOO HOLY SHIT)

1F9kfBP.pngrTQtjdp.pngvqUk3mA.pngHmUikbS.png

GFRmbMC.pnglEIH8r9.pngZFmQeHP.pngW7P9ofl.png

Ydyegq4.pngbsPLBvA.pngRbVUdVY.pngexEW6Dm.png

kysxlki.pngVrADTx8.png65vyhz2.png

Supports. Syrene-Vanessa B, Saleh-Ewan C, Saleh-Ewan B, Syrene-Vanessa A, Tethys-Ewan C, Syrene-Moulder C, Tana-Cormag C, Cormag-Natasha B, Natasha-Seth C, Syrene-Moulder B, Ewan-Tethys B, Cormag-Tana B, Nastaha-Cormag A, Natasha-Seth B. Not pictured: Saleh-Ewan A.

7CIeAlP.png

And a random spider stuck in a wall.

hdtZ8z2.pngKnDttpw.png

bz1FxLs.pngyRtNhBb.png

I went summoner, of course. That was the entire point of this exercise, after all.

I realize this was a pretty boring update, but I needed to show off that I'm not senselessly abusing the tower (not that anyone cares, probably).

If anyone's wondering why I haven't updated in a while, imgur's been weird; it keeps giving me "Oops, there's been an error, please try again!" every time I tried to upload more than 3-4 pictures at a time. No one seems to know what's up with that. Sometimes it works, usually it doesn't. Updates will be sporadic until this ceases.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If anyone's wondering why I haven't updated in a while, imgur's been weird; it keeps giving me "Oops, there's been an error, please try again!" every time I tried to upload more than 3-4 pictures at a time. No one seems to know what's up with that. Sometimes it works, usually it doesn't. Updates will be sporadic until this ceases.

I'm working with photobucket and it's working pretty well. I updated tons of image at once, and had no problem at all.

If it really works too badly, you can try it.

Though this makes me pretty worry about when I have to tackle this chapter... (I can still throw Syrene at ennemies, since this strategy never fail, but you know...).

[spoiler=Chapter 11]

j0yb11o.png

Ephraim's one of the few members of my party who will never gain resistance, so he gets the talisman from last chapter.

AckOz0a.pngpCjlk34.pngHvCFnLT.png62VV02L.png

Our new guys. I did some more modifying here: I changed both their AIs to "don't move under any circumstances, you nitwits" because invariable Ross would head west and get ripped apart by an entombed. I also switched the order of their inventories: Colm now wields the handaxe and Ross has Demon Surge equipped. If I didn't do THAT Colm would die on turn 2 because Ross couldn't counter.

They also kinda suck.

3nCKdcr.pngFIxpX2o.png

Made the difficult decision to leave Seth out. His support with Natasha will be sorely missed. Ismaire is also out, probably permanently, unless I have a buttload of room.

Note that Ewan's inserted quite a few pillows under his robes!

Okzn4nE.png

Nothing interesting happens on turn 1; Tana, Ephraim, and Kyle head southwest with plenty of vulneraries, and everyone else goes east. Ewan summons his first phantom. It's not great, but hopefully it'll get there.

KLSfVRL.png

2 bonewalkers attack Ross and pay the price; another goes for Colm and gets ORKO'd.

usvdRUJ.png

Later on, Ross starts helping out by one-shotting random skeletons. I'm actually ok with this, even though I believe it's one that's holding a chest key.

oTdTaKP.pngk4vAFlo.png

...I am so glad I decided to use you...

P6aQNCD.png

Phantom leads the way.

d07Ho8j.png

In the southwest, Tana takes out an enemy inside the building with an explosion of power.

Z39HY2P.png

...and Kyle decides to get some levels when the revenants invariably suicide into him.

IOo6Fax.png

...OW?

eDS5ST3.pngEqNbCKj.png

He actually one-shot this guy and gets even stronger.

kXQHj3g.png

Thanks Ross. I could have handled that guy on my own, ya know. But I guess it's the thought that counts.

2nTiRZG.png

The mogalls have gotten a little scarier compared to those from chapter 4. Still, 4 move isn't very threatening.

RrxZORK.png

The summon was supposed to lure out the longbow wielder, but this works too.

x3uJ2E2.png

Another one bites the dust.

nuyMsQ2.png

I savestated and spied again; there's a great knight down south for some reason. That actually makes my job easier.

CuQtFxl.png

Tethys doesn't not like anyone with longer range than her.

YHM57Y1.png

I like Moulder. I really do. The guy's an absolute tank. But even with his supports in range, he can barely hit.

qm5Qxaf.png

But he does hit, and becomes even tankier. I think I'll have to RNG-abuse some skill books for him from the tower, although IIRC you can only do that between chapter 19 and chapter 20.

IwEB4Tr.pngnlM0v0Z.png

Cormag can barely deal damage, even with a good weapon, but at least he's taking steps to rectify that.

8GiYT0Z.png

Nope, you're not the guy I was expecting.

RNwsSGV.pngU5tkbcs.png0oIs92C.png

Ah, there he is! Well, was.

lurqM5G.png

Ross does some yoga to improve his aim, but actually misses this shot.

4BqzPn1.pnghLqYygA.png

Dodging, people. It's a thing that exists.

7RYxvoP.png

He hits this time, but this is his last shot. Now he will just sit there.

25oICOL.png

Something died.

f4kqlsh.png

Supports in range? Yup. Taking no damage? Yup. Probably gonna miss?

TLSC9wt.png

Surprisingly, nope.

geX9kiR.pngCDEWW8x.pngbMdxvU7.png

Monster game is weak, this time.

ANsWlz6.png

Faster, more accurate, and tankier? I approve.

5znlMY6.png

Oh, hello. We have a new contender.

GDUzA1q.png

Everything but defense sucks, although the 7 move is...actually not very threatening, since they don't do much damage. Plus, bow weakness.

T11ySQl.png

C'MERE MOULDER

NI4ugKk.pngoXPAtRz.png

Syrene decides to scope out exactly what we're dealing with down here and gets an ok level.

xFDeUAU.png

Nothing TOO threatening, it looks like. Wait. There's a new icon. Let's see what Mr. Deathgoyle looks like.

iY35IE2.png

Well, at least he doesn't have the HP of the entombed.

RTg6hhm.png

Some surprise visitors get dealt with by Kyle and Ephraim.

oWSGapy.png

Moulder: Now 4% more likely to hit.

8X3HE37.png

Oh shit. Round this corner just sent a message to Deathgoyle and Co. that they should come at me, bros.

sMcD4ju.png

Even with flier weakness, Natasha has a spot of difficult one-rounding them. With a steel bow, she's fine, however.

vgiAuUo.png

Ewan's been sending out phantoms the whole time and gets a level with SPEED!

mQkZZPy.png07TkeK8.png

Some other monsters that I forgot went west instead of north and through the open doorway. REWIND!

r0y3fzO.png

Ok, now we're good.

Ed1sOay.pngCnjBIIL.png

SO good.

Cr66NcE.png

Tana has difficulty damaging those gargoyles, so Ephraim wanders over to lend a hand, and get a +3 damage boost from his supports with her.

cnxLHS0.png

Silver bow hits! It's super effective!

xVH70ou.png

Vanessa finishes off a bow bonewalker that's been harassing my troops and gets a good level.

8Ded8AR.png

Chew on that, deathgoyle!

3YuxPLf.pngvbFG2cv.png

Saleh finally gets his slow ass over and recruits the greenies.

hgg5d4y.png

Natasha finishes off the deathgoyle (after about 2 misses) for some much-needed strength.

6jd8yUh.pngRZblFZs.png

Ephraim gets poisoned and goes nuclear as a result.

KPclhJv.png

Kyle running on empty, but he should be ok. I'll send the phantom down here in case anything else is in the fog.

Qo9Yx5U.png

Loot #2, aka useless.

f1ec7XX.png

Phantom fails to do his job.

I rewound and checked; the bonewalker definitely could have hit it.

WHICH MEANS I WAS LIED TO.

cvuXMdH.png

Tana was previously just hanging around, so she goes and picks up the dog.

hjltHs3.png

Better.

You wanker.

swM8lgz.png

Wanker dead.

A7ub98S.png

2 monsters left; one of them a serious threat. I do want to get that chest before I finish the map, though.

8mRysA7.png

I don't go through with this; I move Moulder's supports back a bit, because I want him to chip to level 20 and then let Vanessa get the kill (she's close to promotion).

GULOXhj.png

Natasha does a little chipping of her own, getting even more strength.

H3ycpem.png

Eventually, I reach the chest.

v8Lbnag.png

Ewan gets the usual level from summoning.

jnePQJh.png

Considering he's capped 3 stats and will almost certainly never get skill or luck, this is a really good level to end with.

E2p4fi3.png

Uh...ok. Defense is good, I guess.

CibVoUi.png

Vanessa gets the ko, but is 6 exp off level 20. Will get it in the next map!

[spoiler=Growths (Colm, Ross)]

Colm (replacing L'Arachel):

HP: 65

Strength: 35

Skill: 50

Speed: 5

Luck: 5

Defense: 75

Resistance: 75

Well, I'm not taking new applicants, but this guy doesn't look TOO bad. On the other hand, both promotions (Warrior/Berserker) have 30 strength caps, which he wouldn't hit, and fairly low def/res caps. He's basically Moulder who exchanged lack of skill for lack of speed.

Ross (replacing Dozla):

HP: 30

Strength: 5

Skill: 30

Speed: 75

Luck: 55

Defense: 20

Resistance: 80

He'd be acceptable, except for his low HP and minimal strength growth. As a prepromote, this just won't fly.

[spoiler=Chapter 12]

rYeAim9.png

If you play this map normally, the game will crash because the AI tries to make the spider in black walk onto the tile north of the skeleton in blue. The skeleton is normally parked in that spot, so the game freaks out. I fixed it, as you can see, by moving the skeleton one space south (in Nightmare, change the X-coordinate of 0x48 to 68).

yu3LHJ8.pngDzKwtTF.png

The new unit. Movement is kinda bad, so I'm not going to use her.

eBxDyQT.pngVdOWfWe.png

The boss is piss-easy. I do want that shadowkiller, since none of my units came with monster-killing weapons for some reason.

aHh83wT.png

We got an entombed from hell here, but he doesn't move.

vUYAsTl.pngGYmVJ32.png

We start things off with Moulder's promotion. He's only got one choice, and it's a damn fine one. Canto is much appreciated.

6t5lRrU.png

The crew. Ephraim's sitting out because he's close to level 20 and I'm not getting a knight's crest this chapter.

WTsAE0V.png

Looks like Ewan's replacement is our first flier: a mogall. Gonna be absolutely great with 4 movement and (probably) no con.

lZlW4Sf.png

Ewan's phantoms are getting a bit stronger, but still not much HP. I forgot to post their growths; I'll add them at the end.

yGnWp7J.png

The phantom connected, allowing Vanessa to finish it off.

vLrkJ82.png

Just turtlin' along. I really hate this map because it's so closeted; all the 4-movement units don't help either.

ClUrNjV.png

Vanessa lured in a gargoyle from that position and greets it with a kaboom.

IjOEeKB.png

On turn 2, she finishes it off and gets an ok final level.

RpHRCTN.png

Kyle gets dropped off onto a peak to take the fight to the bael. The spider's got ~20 hit chance on him.

Hf9HXZW.png

Natasha, tanking?

U5xNyRh.pngewxlpQB.png

Natasha, tanking.

RZ4p4hq.png

It's a dog-eat-spider world out there, mate.

qeVFMwm.png

On turn 3, Kyle attacks and gets stronger.

DRHpesI.png27rbgnc.png

TQ83kMN.pngGc4dkWb.png

No contest. I went hero. More canto would be nice, but not with 4 move. Hopefully Natasha has a better option (she's actually an archer (F), whereas Vanessa was a male merc).

AlGWHUd.png

Seth still not doing much damage, even with supports in range. Light magic's low might is also to blame.

wZRCTZf.png

He does take steps to rectify this, though.

hn7Dvw2.png

Vanessa's first taste of combat as a promoted unit is met with thunderous applause.

GP0NVyc.png

Kyle + phantom vs team spider.

iBrRsZy.png

While Kyle kills spiders, and everyone else backs off, Seth gets dropped onto a peak to lure and kill the mogalls to the north.

xChyxgB.png

Ewan gets a typical level.

fwiGIeQ.png

Maybe using Seth wasn't such a great idea...

He proves me wrong by crit-killing the mogall.

RjRRsLb.png

Some fancy rescue-dropping to put Kyle on a peak closer to other enemies.

hxUlsI2.png

And then again.

FJJs6lL.png

Took the picture too late, but those enemy dogs really hurt.

Pu32nk1.pngRKES7W7.png

Still, Kyle will reign supreme at the end.

tXNaeU9.png

A bael actually managed to hit him!

53G91Ev.pngycCf5Wl.png

Fortunately, these guys missed. Kyle didn't.

OCPCuYS.png

Another level, stronger phantoms.

DSjLLMI.png

More rescue-dropping.

bb2Qrse.png

Damn these gargoyles are tanky. This is actually a crit.

sBRF3GH.png

Finally around the bend. Tethys is going to tank the dog/gargoyle reinforcements from the southwest, while Kyle tanks the ones from the southeast.

JoGOaKc.png

And here're the reinforcements, right on time.

YTOhVtw.png

Picture this happening 6 times.

OSRqt3b.png

Er.

cFYWDHQ.png

Um.

lxFDygC.png

...What the hell is going on?

hkKIUHE.png

Suspend/resume got rid of it, but it also had another unintentional effect: I can't dump people on terrain they shouldn't normally be on. No more mountain tanking for Kyle.

bo1HdaW.png

Shitty thief, still on the team because I need him. Plus, that fire affinty <3

u3CJPLM.png

I'm ok with this.

KfTANuD.png

The movement-confused gargoyle meanders over and gets smacked by Moulder, dropping his weapon.

6YsX5MB.png

Seth, you also need speed.

A42Viyq.png

Snakin' down the pass...except Moulder and Vanessa, cause they're not team players.

3zvJVQw.png

No trouble dispatching these guys, no sirree.

sAYYcm3.png

Ewan actually gets strength and speed in the same level-up. Holy cow.

3V5SOT3.png

You could use strength too, my dear.

zSqly9K.png

Ewan's replacement get.

6TPRiKG.pngO1jFd6n.png

If my party weren't already full, I might actually have used you.

TVBFXeR.png

This + Ewan = no mage hits him (except maybe Luna).

0koWcBS.png

He's the guy with the 5% growth, and he might just need to do some combat in the future, so he gets it.

3lVtHeG.png

No funky movement hijinks here.

1EQkj2u.png

This is the point where I realize the boss isn't even on the gate. What a pushover.

WOfg0sn.png

Phantom's starting to get dangerous.

ar7jKP9.png

Saleh can't dodge.

SoqOQhf.png

The boss attacked the phantom, as I hoped, and switched to the brave sword. Shadowkiller will be mine.

npn70wS.png

Ok.

bRBDjHY.png

Ewan doubles and kills something. Wow.

lDP3pbR.pngbHDT2SM.png

Good level cause it has strength.

gSXYmvW.png

Yeah, sure, whatever.

QVPrGKo.png

Putting that new shadowkiller to use.

W1EHBZf.pngO9I3vhe.png

And we finish off with some not-so-great levels.

[spoiler=Growths (L'Arachel, Phantom)]

L'Arachel (replacing Ewan):

Strength: 25

Skill: 65

Speed: 15

Luck: 30

Defense: 50

Resistance: 95

Pretty tanky, but the low strength/speed isn't great.

Myrrh (replacing Saleh):

HP: 70

Strength: 165

Skill: 20

Luck: 170

Defense: 65

Resistance: 105

Seriously? You have the best overall growths of every character, and you still manage to have shitty skill and speed? Fuck this.

Phantom:

HP: 5

Strength: 45

Skill: 45

Speed: 30

Defense: 55

Resistance: 5

Everything but the HP is quite respectable. Still, free sacrifices shan't be criticized too much.

Edited by Tequila

[spoiler=Chapter 13]

cVoFAQe.png2jxEqfn.png

Aias is an Eirika Great Lord, meaning that Moulder and a horseslayer will wreck his face. I think. And of course, Ephraim wants that knight crest.

jLbYtuO.png

The setup.

iemLt4x.png

Natasha starts things off with a whir and a bang.

UDEWvK5.png

Cleared the southern ballista for her to have some fun with over the next few turns. Ephraim and Kyle will handle the soldiers.

uj37FIL.png

Phantom starts chipping the archer that will be plaguing my guys with the ballista. One can also see Vanessa carrying Saleh out west to hit things.

eTGx98H.png2djf8Tg.png

EP is largely uneventful. Moulder didn't quite KO and Ephraim counter-killed two of the soldiers.

jHanC7k.png

The first and last time someone actually hits my guys with a ballista on this map.

nRUEwMM.png

Er...ok.

KNBn4x8.png

Placing Saleh on a peak. He gets doubled by fighters, so he needs all the dodging help he can get.

k0FdALp.png

That's right, fuck you!

p2IXIMX.png

Ephraim kills the last soldier in the south with a blinding flash of light.

5h3aISu.png

Ewan's capped resistance at this point and just capped skill now, so his days of actually getting stats are pretty much over (maybe some HP).

dUunQ0L.pngGWj39GZ.png

Vanessa's a little lacking in the defense department, but there's nothing wrong with her offenses.

D1MAtJw.png

A range actually came close to killing Tethys. Unfortunately for the enemy, close isn't good enough.

tK8xrOC.png

In my brilliance, I forgot to give Syrene a restore staff, and now Saleh's on the other side of the battlefield. Sigh.

zFhgCXT.png

Good night, sweet prince.

IfztSC5.png

This is sleep staff guy. Natasha chips and Moulder will finish off...

OmAvfT9.png

After not liking his odds against the ranger.

IKR1gIu.png

Yeah, better.

qETMlpD.pngbLIUTMD.png

Unfortunately, the phantom I placed to prevent this from happening was killed by a soldier first. Also, the ranger doubled Kyle, who has 20 speed, although he's now weighed down by the fetid claw. REWIND!

pu8VHnU.png

Not getting doubled.

lFFPTze.png

Well, not getting hit at all, actually.

JfS5zc6.png

You, sir, are profoundly irritating. He does have a red gem I want, though, so I have to leave him alive for now.

eXpHIuF.png

...or not. Natasha crits with the ballista.

Tvm4b2e.pngy4x2FlW.png

Not a bad final level.

ujCcVVD.pnge3Mj2zr.png

Kyle's getting close, too. Thankfully I can buy promotion items next chapter.

UbNZzew.png

Tethys finally doubling something.

gDNyNCL.pngElcD1lf.png

Like kicking the top of an ant heap, though she's not too worried.

fCKU5TS.png

Ah, yes. Cormag. I simply could not be bothered to do something so I could recruit him (I have no fliers other than L'Arachel, whose constitution level is...4.). So...he will be missed.

OTu7PlN.png

Speaking of wyverns, I don't think we've met any yet. They don't look terribly good; maybe I should be happy I don't have fliers.

pKdMvRK.png

I'M THE MAN ON THE SILVER MOUNTAAAAAAAAAAIN

0bXPGtH.pngwTihhCM.png

2 magic on a level 11 unit? You make actual-Cormag look strong.

Which reminds me: I may need to tower-grind him; he simply cannot do damage, even with a killing edge. It's pathetic.

JX31yVg.png

Hit more often and get hit less. I'll take it.

LD52Lol.pngnYJ6m1r.png

Moulder and Kyle somehow manage to take out the other ranger before it can wreak more havoc.

LlH8nV7.png

The final push towards Aias. I'm not going to wait for Pablo and his reinforcements to show up; yeah, I'm missing out on a body ring, but at this point I just can't be bothered. Plus, there's a good chance Cormag wouldn't even be able to steal it.

4NWzcPL.png

Natasha fires the last bolt, neatly OHKOing a wyvern.

KzCFQ7N.png

Moulder chips Aias with a javelin and gets a nice level, capping defense.

HLVB0Pe.png

Tethys gets annoyed at these idiots who keep trying to kill her.

qkmUeqc.png

HP is very nice, considering you can't dodge and can't tank.

S5XE0v1.png

Unnecessary, but hero crits area always cool.

Hyblyil.pngPJszOTr.png

Missing one hit is actually good, because it allows...

t0sqvi3.pngFm2QjQh.pngUdw8kO3.png

...Kyle to get the kill and cap.

58y73o8.png

MONEH

5ljInNB.pngvdHzRUg.png

X4uyaPu.pngSxXE1tZ.png

At last...now with a little more hp and weapon triangle control, he is going to absolutely decimate.

[spoiler=Growths (Garcia)]

Garcia (replacing Cormag):

HP: 45

Skill: 35

Speed: 70

Defense: 5

Resistance: 85

Despite the fact that I didn't recruit him (I could have killed him and gotten the whip, at least), I'm still posting growths. With 2 magic and a 5% growth, I'm really glad I didn't get him. That goes beyond bad. That's fucking horrendous. That's like, -15/10.

[spoiler=Chapter 14]

e1tFiiV.png

We start off the cutscene preceding this chapter with...whatever the hell this is.

gY6OQh7.png

But the map itself is fine, so off we go!

kVkiNff.png

Phantom's gonna lure out some longbow users for Natasha to play with.

Q5LMkwj.png0moe2qu.png

Like so.

cO2zNVV.png

Team Promoted Tanks is headed off in this direction to open doors and kick ass.

M0RI2Ht.png

Have a problem? Throw Tethys at it.

De1hN3z.png

Vanessa finishes off the unfortunate door guard in the southwest and gets a nice level.

0JpxFeD.png

Next turn, Tana opens the door, and hell is revealed. Well, hell for the mages in the room. This shaman does the most damage of the group, and Moulder is behind her with a javelin and he doesn't even get hit. Axe rank going up in 3...2...

ieEInRi.pnggoFW0DE.png

Meanwhile, I'm desperately trying to level Cormag over here, who finally gets some strength.

eTcGxGf.png

Syrene tops up Saleh and gets her final level.

xKkB48L.png

Picture this happening 3 times, another for 1 damage, and one for 3 damage. Vanessa for pro mage tank.

GekEEcw.png

WELL, WHAT A COINCIDENCE.

ASDzpF4.pngfXUClcw.png

ABq9kct.pngU1XbnIk.png

I don't think I need to explain which one I picked and why.

IP7aeOz.png

Stronger phantoms, yay.

Vs4scw3.png

Erm...hello. I forgot about you guys.

YP3NkrG.png

Ephraim takes to life as a promoted unit with a flash and a bang.

qk5oqG4.png

More strength is very much appreciated.

UKDYrEr.png

I throw Syrene to the wolves cavaliers. I think her 15 defense will be enough.

sbHVe2N.png

Goddess Vanessa, resplendent art thou in thine level-ups...

*Insert angelic choir here*

xLale6u.png

Yep, Syrene's just fine. She actually crit twice in a row; here's the aftermath of one of them.

G37EtS1.pngdhYkZ6g.png

A few turns later, the cavs are wiped out to a man (and a horse).

toHLZuf.pngFLEiUKM.png

What horrors await past yon door?

Oh.

I don't actually go through with this action; I'll just let the fighter get chipped down by Ephraim and then Saleh can get the kill.

TdxT3XQ.png

More strength? Good man!

bLhZeip.png

The fighter got chipped twice by Ephraim, then suicide on Saleh. One of the mercs got chipped down and killed, and here's the final one gone. The two teams are reunited once more!

wG6vBKe.png

Since I didn't bring Colm (L'Arachel's replacement), this will be Rennac's recruitment fee. Unless, of course, I decide to steal the member card and kill him. That's also a possibility.

6JvBU7c.pngUlSKOuW.png

Dogs can open doors now? Natasha then waltzes through and gets in a chipping match with the sniper.

uFJS8fc.pngOb1BONI.png

I know where that energy ring's headed...

QluT2NY.png

Seth hits level 20 and caps defense. Now all I need is his promotion item, which will be purchased shortly.

0zpKs7P.png

Now Cormag can actually (hopefully) hit something!

vfGy7HH.png

It's a sad day for architecture when a freaking dog can tear down your walls.

Admittedly, Kyle is no ordinary dog.

OmyvmOw.png

Near-perfect level-up for Tethys following some chipping.

GGhQdDs.png

Time to recruit/kill Rennac's replacement before he scampers off!

9gA4C09.pngW7HXrj5.png

...So much for stealing the card. Paying 10k it is! Aside from that speed, he kinda sucks.

vTQrRyO.pngsk6zixw.png

I didn't realize that fighter had a swordreaver, so Saleh got decimated. Here, I came up with the brilliant idea of putting Innes's steel sword in storage, thus boosting his dodge rates. And it worked!

QfdjM4e.pngIOEKDTB.png

Revenge is sweet. The swordreaver fighter gets pinched into the corner courtesy of Ephraim and a phantom.

byNKFov.png

Getting tankier is always good.

6YfogAu.png

Best archer ever.

pkkUJXO.pngij105ke.png

Risk it? Sure.

(He hits).

DIhCzHW.png

You say hello...

0Tzyc3f.pngWhWu5YY.png

...and I say goodbye.

CuFkoZ9.pngCDWL55o.png

Best promotion gains ever. At least he got a movement boost.

Now that I think about it, I have yet to see any unit with 8 movement, despite being 99% sure I put 4-8. I wonder what's up with that.

WvW1wIa.png

Meanwhile, on the west side, a stealthy break-in is occurring.

WAXkAl5.png

On EP, Tethys is having none of your shit.

o66cUCZ.png3lwBCxv.png

I buy 2 guiding rings, a hero crest, and an orion's bolt. My cashpile dwindles appropriately. Later on, I come back and buy some killer weapons (don't remember exactly how many). The crest and bolt conveniently went to storage halfway across the map.

AXqQlQ8.png

Apparently my opening the northeast room triggers these shamans from hell.

wV0hnQl.png

And to top it all off, for some reason I can't dump Vanessa over the wall to pick up Innes!

New solution, they head south and block off the shamans from proceeding any further. Seth will just have to wait for his ring.

oqxLAmg.png

Saleh finishes off something for a great final level.

j0wwupj.png

I love my tanky units.

n5QQc78.png

Somewhat more alarmingly, these knights decided Innes looks like good prey and trap him in this corridor with no way out and only a vulnerary.

HdYbJlO.pngN5tXpsV.png6w12Hy6.png

New solution: Block off shaman reinforcements with Tana and Seth, while Moulder and Vanessa go and wreck these knights with hand axes and javelins.

H2lvA3w.png

Yay, money.

ONvkaJj.pngw97VULH.png

pfYRLcX.pngIOV8lmh.png

I went with swordmaster; the speed bonus from assassin would have been nice, but I am so sick and tired of 4-movement units.

BzG4m0t.png

I shall repair...something?

58XNwtk.pngAxR6iA2.png

Meanwhile, things are going wonderfully here, with Innes backed into a corner.

X57NvFF.png

Doing ok so far, though, and at least he doesn't get doubled.

Kd2nJDL.png

Natasha lures out this silly priest.

CiAo64E.png

Cormag crits the silly priest for a really bad level-up. You hitting things isn't the issue; you actually doing damage is.

lDhycp1.png

Natasha finishes off the priest for his mend staff.

fP4wYJ2.png9Ot0lOj.png

Vanessa and Moulder kill two of their assailants; Innes can survive one hit, and then Vanessa will kill the last one next turn.

kvDCCWY.png

There's one last knight left in the very top. Moulder attempts to take him out, but misses one shot. On EP, the knight attacks and gets his ass handed to him several times over.

8khjJpc.png

We haven't seen enemy monks before. The strength is threatening, but that speed is laughable. Even Seth and Tethys snicker at this display of ineptitude.

g9lHy6R.pngBAGKBj5.png

apcEtqs.pngF4xWRlk.png

Again, the choice is obvious.

6MBAs8h.png

Should I even bother showing Ewan's level-ups at this point?

EID0J5Z.pngwnb2RK8.png

Carlyle got a sex change, but he's really not that bad. No one's going to crit him without killer weapons, however.

IjfS66z.pngZWzAzAp.png

Natasha's final level, and Syrene heals her up for a THWOMP level.

vzjBmgC.pngG5maneY.png

kEr9A0x.pngUcoVVtI.png

I went with ranger; unlike Vanessa's male ranger promotion, this one actually can move. Plus, she gets mounted rescue; I have some plans for chapter 16 regarding that.

eEyKXTg.png

Ephraim gets a nice level finishing off Carlyle, and that's the end of that!

k0j99UZ.png

Am I the only person who never noticed that Joshua has red eyes?

Joshua confirmed Demon King minion.

[spoiler=Growths (Innes)]

Innes (replacing Rennac):

HP: 35

Strength: 130

Skill: 35

Speed: 45

Defense: 5

Resistance: 20

Defenses are terrible, but he actually has strength and speed growths! If he were a rogue, rather than an assassin, I'd totally ditch Cormag in favor of him, simply because I'm almost certain there is no way Cormag will get to steal the dracoshield from the berserker in chapter 17.

[spoiler=Chapter 15 (Part 1)]

0JPZ4Pu.pngEZ6rOpJ.png

So here's the good news: Valter and Caellach are 2-range locked. The bad news is, they each have 90+ avoid and they're on a fort recovering ~8 hp/turn, so actually hitting them might be an issue.

QntGoki.pngJssap8C.png

More bad news: Cormag can't steal this guy's ring for Eirika.

Good news: I bought a spare in the last chapter, presuming this would happen.

vFjPk1b.png

Nothing too threatening here. There's two of them and one has a sleep staff, but she has very low range with it and I don't plan on aggro'ing everything at once, so with a restore I should be fine.

KhdTsA0.png5xTRaKe.pngqL6bo9s.png

This, on the other hand, is the REALLY bad news.

0XnlNBV.png

We start out in front of a castle (that some dumbass decided to build right in the middle of a GODDAMN DESERT).

Y3nv3sY.png

Team 1, consisting of Ephraim, Kyle, and Tana, will go and kill off Caellach's supporters. Kyle brought heals because no mages are going that way.

r5QJj1a.pngUJG2JLF.png

I actually restarted so I could shuffle around some of the other guys, so when I sent out Ephraim I decided to have him attack. Lo and behold, he crits. This man is a god.

8DtBNx2.png

Meanwhile on this side, I want to take this berserker's dragon axe, so I lure him over with a phantom (I made the mistake of luring him out with Vanessa earlier and she got one-rounded).

4WBGrDy.png

And Team Magic will go over and escort Eirika and Co. to relative safety once they show up. You can't see it, but there's a shaman with luna to the left that one-rounded Tethys earlier, so Syrene's going to tank it this time.

T2qGPo3.png

Yep, it hit. I'm fortunate she didn't get critted, actually; her luck is abysmal.

6RlTBde.pngaT8faVQ.png

Saleh goes WHOOSH WHOOSH WHOOSH PH'WTAAAAAAAAANG

M6ZL9yh.pngcBEXu3y.png

Moulder finishes off the berserker for an empty level and a good axe. Lovely.

oN0pfpi.png

Syrene borrows Seth's Shine tome and finishes off the shaman, netting Ewan a nice tome (or not, since he's got all of 9 magic).

kThxdBz.png

Tethys and her 30 luck inadvertently finds the first of this chapter's treasures.

X1UsuiL.png

This was actually a crit. It did absolutely nothing.

k5ohKQE.png

And here's Eirika! And her posse. Let's take a look, shall we?

Do9Zv4k.pngleLqIxU.png

Franz replaces Knoll; he doesn't even look that bad, but he's a little late to jump on the bandwagon.

Hq8fpyk.pngK56x315.png

Neimi replaces Duessel; again, too late, but damn look at that speed base!

c03lBL8.pngwVz1CZq.png

Pegasus riders show up; just a reminder of what they look like.

3Bl44Z1.png

She missed, and I missed the screenshot of her missing. Har har.

6ZnCgLB.png

Franz does something useful: pillaging a village.

dNxPnxo.png

Effective weaponry? What effective weaponry?

6y081Vz.png

Kyle finishes off hammer dude with an unnecessary critical.

eSGrIlU.png

On EP, one of the pegs decides Ewan looks like the best person to hit. LOOK HOW MUCH DAMAGE HE'S NOT DOING IN RETURN!

N1w98MT.png

Oops. Killing the fighter lured out a mage.

XjHaDnQ.png

FLYING HORSES EVERYWHERE FUCK

jGHxtZC.pngWLMAhwd.pngwZPBpIs.png7cckxZH.png

A few less flying horses.

B1vvuPR.png

Ewan gets tankier patching up Cormag.

5k37G4Q.png

That crit <3

5omOrrv.png

EVEN MORE <3

1x5ecuf.png

Ok, I think we're good now.

n1jt9jQ.png

Tethys has a metal detector, it seems.

CBZNoPM.png

Bad idea, horsebird.

5Ot1XbR.png

Half off your next purchase forever!

oi7rTOF.png

Syrene caps magic.

yiCGBgq.png

Aaaaaaand we got company. And yes, it's another one of those ridiculously tanky paladins.

imn6PCx.png

And also a bunch of ridiculously tanky shamans.

5D06bDc.png

Since Neimi's restricted to 1 tile per turn, Franz picks her up and carries her off to parts unknown.

x6SESzg.png

Tethys and Syrene can handle the horde.

kRoShvG.pngxV5eCNd.png

Meanwhile, my mage tanks are busy not giving a fuck.

vfjjl2y.png

Even Saleh's got surprisingly high resistance.

ETTOFJU.png

Since the phantom's not needed in the northeast, I send one over to lure out this last mage so Team Ephraim can start chipping Caellach.

PZmXiZ7.png

THIS IS HOW BAD SYRENE'S LUCK IS.

QZuzt5T.png

Unsurprisingly, she crit.

6emmsyv.png

Oh, you wanker. He gets doubled in return.

msnY33H.png

SHE MISSES TOO WHAT THE HELL

Syrene pick up your fucking game. You get crit by a 4% chance and miss a 92?

Umk6sOm.png

Ridiculously tanky this paladin might be, but so is Tethys :D

QN7eOfE.png62wNZVE.png

I think that's all the shamans finally gone.

Z26EKVB.png

For a 1-stat level, it could have been ALOT worse.

71W60WK.png

Oh hey, it's not just my units suffering from near-sightedness!

TNW1yBl.png

Eirika gets her first kill since chapter 8.

uQVmS0T.png

These odds, man.

6SzRHWy.png

I forgot Kyle replaces Joshua and he actually has a conversation with Caellach. I think this is the first time I ever saw it.

xk8LAXN.png

He hits and gets a nice level.

sz24lIn.png

Caellach may have high avoid, but Ephraim has absolutely absurd hit with his support bonuses.

HFP6fu2.png

And he even finds treasure too!

s8iFWpp.png

Whole lotta nothing going on on both sides here.

fj4WuUw.png

Not a bad level, though.

0HQb87T.png

This could take a while...

JyEm2MS.pngHhXhDEx.pngCK4zgPT.png

Not-Joshua avenges his not-mother and gets an acceptable level.

WCZY3BU.png

Are you fucking serious?

3OJgsbd.png

Cormag being useful. This is literally the only reason I didn't promote him yet, although Tethys' and Ephraim's high luck are kind of rendering that point moot.

dHo3PNA.png

C'mere wyverns!

Faw27pr.png

Metal detector has been tuned to leather, apparently. Or whatever these shoes are made of.

AWyanjR.png

Near perfect level!

v60pz3W.png

STOP THE PRESSES, SYRENE GOT LUCKY

[spoiler=Chapter 15 (Part 2)]

YayhvfL.png

You know you REALLY suck when Ewan doubles you.

WpboWHZ.png

Of course, you know what sucks even more?

Getting hit by Eclipse.

3VvYZFM.png

This also appeared to be a cue for every promoted unit in the area to start heading in my direction. I do not like this. At all.

a0cnKRZ.png

"I KILL YOU!"

JrAOiGV.png

Since she's the lowest level of the group, she can make the greatest use of it, which now puts her at:

Eirika (replacing Ephraim):

HP: 30

Strength: 70

Skill: 10

Speed: 45

Luck: 90

Defense: 85

Resistance: 90

GCWk9Yd.png

You'd think swordmasters wouldn't have dodging issues, but this one apparently does.

eyJ9pFu.pngtobl5Re.png

Moulder doubles, but misses the second shot.

vS5n2Y9.png

SERIOUS dodging issues.

CmFQmmu.png

IS EVERYONE ON MY TEAM INCOMPETENT OR WHAT

oFpDfv5.png

At least she doubled and got a nice level, capping resistance.

OMLY8pu.png

Goddamnit, Moulder.

Di8OhPK.png

At least someone can clean up his mess.

ScA6KbH.png

Oooh, speed is nice.

Ve8Fcbe.png

One will go for the phantom, and the other won't be able to ORKO anything. I hope.

qHL16Ek.png

Saleh finally gets his act together.

lQk2RMW.png

Range attacks Tethys, pays price.

Hb5SiUg.png

Well, isn't that convenient! (She doesn't miss. THIS time.)

P97phvS.pngUyR3cwr.png

Not rigged/10.

4srSAo2.png

Saleh SHOULD be fine with Ewan's support against two of those, while the frontmost one will almost certainly go for Eirika.

SxYki9q.pngiazACCB.png

Ephraim without his supports isn't quite as dodgy, it seems.

igU6iXW.png

As intended. She doubles him.

FPqSONj.png

Yay for competence!

U07meNY.png

Forts help, it seems.

AuutCnd.png

THIS is what I expect to see when someone attacks with Eclipse.

Dx2xP8q.pngRMaTpAu.png

A little rigging later, Metis' Tome pays off already with a skill proc.

lY0ZtwP.png

Saleh takes (invisible) vengeance on his attackers.

7RkdEYN.png

Kyle is about as much use as the dog guarding the Sorcerer's Stone.

2tMBcSJ.png

Ok. Berserker can't reach, shaman and Valter don't move.

d64oMCc.pngZgZydKG.png9jiiTrN.png

That's THAT annoyance gone.

V2FpONj.pngXB6yWN1.png

Phantom actually getting kind of powerful!

GTWq9Xq.png

I lied earlier; THIS is the last useful thing Franz does.

vgXT8jp.pngtN1JHod.pngPXlTB40.png

This is honestly really sad. Did I mention Cormag sucks? Thankfully he doesn't miss.

WWSHujc.png

Ewan gets both strength and speed in one level-up? WHAT IS THIS SORCERY?

FwFpAea.png

You know, I think I'm ok with risking this.

PePUUeh.png

Ephraim got resistance? WHAT IS THIS SORCERY?

AdVlSr5.png

Berserker went away from the forest tile to kill the phantom. I still like these odds.

2e3IdLj.pngG3qANei.png

No level for Eirika, alas.

AND NOW, FOR THE BOSS.

rK1HFNx.pngnFwk8LU.png

Picture lots of this happening (minus the finding Eclipse part).

jyo3uYS.png

Remember, Ephraim's got pretty much the highest hit chances on the team (except maybe Saleh, once he builds up Eirika's support), so killing Valter took like 15 turns.

7IzRfBy.pngIpEvk8J.pngMGhDsFl.png

But kill him he does, getting a great level up and netting an item that I have absolutely no use for, since the game has neglected to give me any fliers (L'Arachel doesn't have arrow weakness IIRC).

[spoiler=Promotion time]

NcyHk7c.png

Before we begin, time to use up some stuff. Tana was the only other person I considered giving the boots to, and she's not really useful anymore except to provide bonuses for Ephraim.

d83e9Hy.png

This is so he can use his claw without speed loss; unless I get a Gwyggli with a Hellfang, this is the best he's gonna get.

9SJb4P3.png

Would ya look at that? Capable phantoms!

c5V9lhB.png

Great, just needs speed.

hn3fch5.png

Great, just needs EVERYTHING ELSE! Except defense, cause he capped that upon promotion.

f2zt1oO.png

Just promote already.

AH08WfG.png

Are...are you ok, Eirika? Is this man hurting you?

Oh, it's a support conversation? My bad.

T9oFo43.png

The hp is great, everything else is kind of expected at this point.

77MuMjt.png

It's kind of funny to think that Ewan has the highest HP on my team.

0Bim6Gw.png

Finally, some strength!

hAOSpiH.png

Not strength, but I'll take it anyway.

hifwaAN.png

Defense is nice.

q8dTnvM.png

He was really close to a level, so I decided to get it. As I said before, defense is nice.

QnHPbM0.png

So is strength.

TxfHTgM.pngnYlLhJW.png

GGYJyVu.pngsJyWR7N.png

I went with assassin; the only reason that I'd go rogue is to steal the dragonshield from the ch 17 berserker, and there's no way in hell I'd rig a 5% speed growth that much.

eicYMTX.png

Saleh-Eirika C.

BYZwXCF.png

Has strength, am pleased.

FLDPZzB.png

Phantom getting REALLY good.

B6H14vx.png

Seth and Eirika are in LUUUUUUUUUUUURVE.

F6VW5gs.pngB8Yvy8E.png

Par for the course.

TY96tyN.png

...How did you miss your 90% defense growth again?

Whatever. Time to promote.

q5eK8Xz.png

I completely forgot how shitty her con was; in hindsight, I could have torch-glitched Kyle a Hellfang from the Maelkan Coast skirmish and given Eirika the body ring. Too late now, alas.

yVbbcdC.png

Eirika-Saleh B. I think the only guys in my army without a full set of supports are Tana (A-Ephraim), Kyle (B-Ephraim), and Tethys (B-Ewan), which, except for Tana, can pretty much stand on their own.

GspKlCW.pngO3QHFeE.png

I went back to get Ewan B dark so he can use Eclipse if needed, and Eirika kills the boss for a fantastic level.

[spoiler=Growths (Franz, Neimi)]

Franz (replacing Knoll):

HP: 49

Skill: 55

Speed: 75

Luck: 45

Defense: 90

Resistance: 20

Shame about the strength, otherwise he'd be a pretty good unit if tower-trained.

Neimi (replacing Duessel):

HP: 35

Skill: 5

Speed: 100

Luck: 25

Defense: 55

Resistance: 40

If you were a rogue, those bases and growths would be ok. As it is, you suck.

Edited by Tequila

Yep, Cormag's a shitty unit, but he has lockpicks and silencer now. And yes, I'm using Eirika; have you seen the resistance stat on some of these guys? Plus, she's basically a tankier Tethys that might gain speed at the expense of skill, which can be rectified after chapter 19.

[spoiler=Chapter 16 (Part 1)]

dZthKBW.pngVWXSXP9.png

As usual, we begin with a look at our new enemies, ranging from the dear-lord-that's-gonna-hurt

7zLSu8O.png

To the laughably weak (although they do have luna)

lUZChnG.png9jvD8Ed.png

To the MOTHER OF GOD, WHAT DID I DO TO DESERVE THIS type.

9Eh1WJB.pngUwctLKI.png

We also have a useless new unit.

mv8IXqt.png

Fortunately for me, we start out a bit closer to the action than we would on Ephraim's route. The usual suspects are here, with Eirika subbing in for Cormag. Cormag's basically sitting out on all but chapters 19 and 20, when I can take more than 12 people. I bought enough chest keys to make up for him.

vSM8BYK.png

Moving up, with Seth chipping a mercenary.

cNcsovY.png

Are we seriously starting this nonsense again?

q5wXPlJ.png

Have I mentioned that I love my promoted lord? I didn't? Shame. I love my promoted lord.

6odqL5W.png

Moulder kills a mage and caps speed. It's pretty much strength or nothing from here on out.

hOH3Lqh.png

I do a nifty rescue-drop to get Eirika in range of that swordmaster. You saw his stats above, don't judge me for taking him out from a distance.

9gltDQk.png

I also lift Tethys onto this wall so she can start chipping a warrior with a hand axe...

WPWyP2f.png

...who, for some reason, didn't take the bait.

dd41NJQ.png

Er.

ng1PGEF.png

Ok, that'll do it. On second thought, maybe I should have put Tethys there. Oh well.

87E1iu5.png

Oh hello there.

EcdJTqh.png

OH HELLO THERE. Let's take a look at their stats, shall we?

ddvBCWB.png

...I want a refund.

RiQLcNp.png

And to top this off, everyone and their mother has decided to get all up in my grill.

TbQ7pnR.png

Ok. I can do this. Form a wall with my res tanks Vanessa and Moulder, Eirika chips the swordmaster, Tethys gets back on the wall to chip that warrior that now moves, and everyone else prepares for the Armored Horse Invasion.

BUk9m58.png

I was slightly worried, but I think she'll be fine, even if he does double her.

bQN1haw.png

Whatever sorcery resulted in druids having 6 base strength and no growths, I thank you profusely.

6nFGiab.png

Look, even the shamans are more threatening. And they even have higher defense.

9S4rZ7t.png

But still not quite enough strength to hit through Vanessa's support-triangle-aided bod.

lIL72uc.png

Ok, these low hitrates are getting annoying. Cut it out.

x95GCIE.png

A chip on the next turn, and a barely tolerable level. I'd really like some HP on this gal.

hNT7WKK.png

After much rng-abusing, the swordmaster is finally dead.

8RUB6o2.png

Patching up Vanessa makes Syrene tankier.

iU6fuqJ.png98O5tZJ.png

One luna-wielding annoyance down, and the line is holding strong. There's some cavaliers coming from the southeast with the great knights; Ephraim's gonna deal with those.

tVoIvsL.pngWi4kIk5.png

Very effectively.

DPGAs5B.png

The phantom that was supposed to take this bolting was killed by a shaman, so I'm glad Vanessa dodged.

lEEigrL.png

Tethy's still chipping down the warrior. I hope for a crit, but it ain't happening.

FhjRFaM.png

And then this fucker comes down. OOOOOH, YOU RAT BASTARD!

f0W1h3N.pngrbl3JCs.png

Weapon triangle disadvantage? Devil reversal effect? Never heard of 'em. Ephraim gets C axes.

j2q21dd.png

Meaning he can use...this.

PqvvHRN.png

That's the last shaman, meaning the warriors can now join the fray.

Am6YXiB.pngmi3S1NS.png

They hit hard, but not accurately, thank goodness. However, Vanessa doesn't hit hard or accurately, apparently.

agCHMKV.png

Even less luck over here.

1ZXsf1S.png

Last bolting cast.

d9f91yE.png

Seth being...not very effective.

d1o1uKu.png

Still gets strength.

uzexeg0.png

Despite the physic bastard healing this guy up, I finally get him down.

73PW1En.png

...So he moves on to the next one. I hate him so much.

NXx6FZl.png

Meanwhile, in the southeast...Ephraim's doing fine, thanks.

sOfteCP.png

This guy shows up with the great knights. I'm ok with letting him get away with this, but I do want the other chests.

rFzJ1wx.png

And that's one warrior down...

fDV37Rh.png

Make that two.

wGPw6Vw.png

My cunning plan: another thief is gonna show up soon to pillage the right-hand chests. Eirika is here to make sure that doesn't happen.

1rhJZ2F.png

Still going great!

ioRITB8.pngrBe7j0c.png

Moulder actually ORKO'd this guy with a crit, which I failed to capture, and gets 50% more luck.

cp01X6K.png

Vanessa still wants HP.

KbMNz3Z.png1iaAORC.pngSEGLrQ5.png

Oh, you bastard. Ephraim's still doing great, in spite of this minor slip-up.

W5fTAgu.png

O Father, who art in heaven, smite this bastard. Amen.

lJ6vNJv.png

AHA! YOU SHALL NOT GRAB LOOT!

jwbuG8B.png

Wait...what. Oh. He has like, 18 resistance. Uncool.

mzCeagG.png

I think this is the first time I've used Eclipse, aside from FE7CM.

Umpipq2.png

Bit more chipping done, and I'll kill him after he loots the first chest.

HMuhXMO.png

Thank god for effective weaponry.

yG9qUCU.png

Ephraim takes out the other loser for a nice level.

xHqDmpx.pngLO00IR7.png

I can understand Moulder missing, but that druid should NOT be hitting this often!

mqM0tm3.png

I lied, THIS is the last shaman.

[spoiler=Chapter 16, (part 2)]

2y29nyH.png

...Ow. Ephraim learns about weapon triangle disadvantage quite quickly.

6tl4phu.png

He does whack him back for a good chunk of damage though.

gpMs0GQ.png

Uh...instead of going for the chests, this thief decides to suicide on Eirika. I'm ok with this.

XSNqnnO.png

Did I mention that I hate this guy?

K9mNRLd.png

This is an unexpected development. The FE Wiki didn't mention these!

5Lo1cJt.pngMXkSjWL.png

I think this is the coolest picture I've ever taken. An ok level-up follows, notable mostly because he got HP.

q3rHyxc.png

Crap.

1vgnosA.png

Double crap.

U9xxFy8.png

Triple cr-oh, never mind.

TcsrHl4.png

Expected, but still crap.

FACzYvV.png

So...I apparently neglected to buy any physic staves. This is a problem because that druid (who has Luna, otherwise he wouldn't be a problem) will 2-round ko Eirika. And obviously, she doesn't have any healing items.

Ce3Xpxm.png

Silence doesn't seem like a terrific idea, either.

7Xm6LAX.pngwhQNZN1.png

Thief suicides and she gets a nice level.

VB42Xo6.png

One more round of this and she's dead. I need to get her out of there.

To make matters worse, a second luna druid has appeared.

2MCKxsx.png

First, we clear a path.

qTQ10sA.pngrdi0n4E.png

Next, I rig a crit-kill on this guy.

pzkHByV.png

Ok, I neglected to take pictures of this part. Here's how it went. Tana was already on one wall tile. Seth would nab an elixir from Saleh, get rescued by Natasha, picked up and given to Tana by Kyle, and then dropped by Tana onto the other side of the wall, where Eirika could grab the elixir and survive. The only problem with this brilliant idea was that Tana couldn't drop Seth on that other wall tile for some reason.

SZR6Z1g.pngNpnNGrv.png

Next brilliant plan (restarting was not an option). Rig a silence with Tethys and rig a miss with the remaining druid. Not too difficult since she's on a pillar.

ozslskc.png

I kinda hoped to get the purge tome off this guy, but there was no way I was getting in range to kill him without dying. Alas.

aPtN0jh.png

Didn't even need to rig. So proud of Eirika.

MInvvIY.png

And there's a third one! TIme to get the hell out of dodge. The Mouldermobile is ready to roll, fortunately.

h2ukqwI.png

You remember that annoying-ass druid that kept getting healed by the priest? Saleh finally took care of it.

wLCbm6I.png

Natasha took care of the priest shortly after.

o6bQ7xO.png

Now it's just a matter of luring everything out one by one. Ewan's summons are going to waste the sage's purge.

z2PbxSV.pngxNjrkk6.png

Getting rid of this physic user before he tries anything funny.

FQRHjLu.png

In retrospect, I could have gotten rid of the swordmaster earlier with the same tactic. I just didn't think about it. In any case, maxed defense doesn't help this guy at all.

f7mkiEB.pngeZTZtui.png

Another hero goes down, giving Ephraim a nice level and the rest of the gang some spending money.

dohdlYz.pngPSpS3DA.png

Natasha finishes off a druid in the west, getting a nice level-up that contains strength and a chest key that won't be needed for some time.

pN950SM.png

No need for the swordslayer at this point; a regular iron weapon will take care of this guy very nicely.

avO7lNs.pngBtHY9bC.png

Kyle savages a druid and gets a meh level.

hQZKu91.png

Mage tank vs ultimate sage. Vanessa should have no trouble with this one.

2YTS7Sc.pngJYZvQj7.png

Orson got an itsy-bitsy bit beefed up since 5x. Look at that avoid!

Uy11eZz.png

And look at that lovely level!

Nz0boNW.pngF9AzHK1.png

Saleh's actually a really nice unit now that he has decent move and an innate crit bonus. Unfortunately, he's a female swordmaster, which means he caps strength here.

wXBwxjK.png

Vanessa finally gets some HP.

XkEtVOr.png

Critmobile still be crittin'

pmnsT25.pngw0i25xs.png

Note to self: Keep Kyle away from all bishops. This guy 1-hits him, and he's not even a bishop.

8FHGL0D.png

Piece of cake...

lGoRKQe.png

...or not. Remember when Tirado procs Great Shield in ch. 8 in vanilla FE8? I get the same feeling here.

NfMBWVR.png

Tana actually kills something.

HtPXFIj.pngbLc7BUJ.png

Orson may have amazing avoid, but his accuracy leaves something to be desired.

scZrjmO.png5kJ5Cg6.png8TMB8p4.pngPDzdr1T.png

A few last-minute things; namely, killing the last sage and looting the chests I worked so hard to save.

4D1ep1c.png

Not too bad, all things considered.

TgRjiIR.png

Oooh, interesting!

4oYiDLe.png

...Can I keep this? Pretty please?

HlLMlWI.png

This is Ephraim promoting high above the altar.

gb33Oxy.png

And here she is, in all her glory.

U9FzUHi.png

Still has the ranks of a sage.

8NW7mQ2.png

Magic/staff animations are map only, and all lances use the javelin-throwing motion, but the javelin doesn't launch and hp doesn't go down.

Obviously, I didn't go through with these.

[spoiler=Growths (Gilliam)]

Gilliam (replacing Myrrh):

Skill: 30

Defense: 50

Resistance: 75

Lol nope.

[spoiler=Chapter 17]

cKZLp66.png

Seth needs to be good, and he'll never proc res, so he gets the talisman.

r93hAFT.pngyGgzDp8.png

New unit! I was so excited when I saw "rogue", and then I cried. The shadowkiller's appreciated, though.

dNfAs63.png

Lyon...kinda sucks, actually.

c1ztG1v.png

It's not bad enough that I have to fight a maxed-stat (except res/HP) swordmaster. No. He has to have a killing edge too.

0DMbrht.png

I don't believe I've seen wyvern lords before. Their speed got quite a boost compared to their unpromoted counterparts.

yg0EhhI.png

These are slightly terrifying, but they have bad def and horseslayer weakness. Should be manageable.

lm8pF4t.png

DA KREW (Cormag's sitting out obviously).

CA0smCQ.png

Ephraim and co. tank west side, Vanessa and Co. greet the heroes to the southeast, and Ewan and Natasha rush up to save Lute before she gets destroyed.

tQwwiAN.pngO2Xz91F.png

Ephraim's such a monster, he doubles these guys.

AP76wJB.png

I am quite thankful for Lute's poor movement; it prevents her from wandering off and committing suicide into those druids.

Also, it should be noted that those children will not survive. Sorry.

74KG3Bm.png

Luring a wyvern and a fighter down.

18dJKUb.pngH5mbpSA.png

And they're dead.

KDtdhoz.png

Meanwhile, Vanessa's got the heroes under control in the southeast area.

fOgQM3i.png

And Ewan's ridiculous res is coming in handy here.

ErMHtDd.png

No rescue staff for me, alas.

Bt1ZEJc.png

Ewan recruits Lute.

DGb6xGC.png2tqAHY9.png

Dragon axe too OP. She also gets an amazing level.

OzH5Z0I.pngwmDP2Vg.png

Saleh and Kyle take out a valkyrie between them, while Ephraim OHKO's the second.

FaJgUJ5.pngCaQgfrp.pngfsvkN5y.png

I was a bit worried; this was the only one that could potentially kill her, but she did a good job dodging.

qtUK1es.png

Good thing I gave Seth that talisman; he'd be dead otherwise.

8RoAlvP.pngAi2UeRy.png

Natasha gives a few less fucks, although the lack of Cormag's support means she doesn't do much damage.

Bexx8Fw.pngF2ZotDD.png

Tana crit literally 4 times in a row. #Ballin

PxYQlQU.pngkenpbuv.png

Wyvern lord is so tanky, even Ephraim can't one-hit it. Good thing Tethys is on point.

Nu8blwE.png

I almost had a heart attack; there's no way she would have survived the berserker, but I got lucky.

8y0sLNl.png

Mage tank Ewan holding the bridge.

IoqsH7j.png

Mage tank Ewan getting...criticaled? Seriously?

tVxBP9l.png

FUCK YO COUCH

I have no idea what this means

4ksHijH.png

Moulder kills a mage and gets more money.

U32a5Bl.png

Swordmasters are the masters of becoming invisible, it seems.

x9kKRy0.png

One luna asshole down.

Hi71Zhm.pngVYnNGoR.png

Make that two.

N5T4YTR.png7SLdM4N.png

Dodgy doggy gets a nice level.

P7pTw5Z.png

Super-sage makes his entrance with a blizzard of pain.

SjpYNUh.png

Vanessa starts chipping this jerk.

maZwyJ9.png

She takes "chipping" a little far, but I'm not complaining. This guy needs to learn a lesson, after all.

C6uIAFj.png

Hooray, strength!

gkePi29.png

Natasha really dislikes Luna druids.

5pej23U.png

Tana, pictured a few moments before toppling over backwards under the weight of that axe.

powT1PW.png

Why are you even trying?

9tjJrl5.png

Vanessa finishes off the sage and gets a snowy tome.

gjbEusx.pngsmgzvmz.png

This is the first time Ephraim's proc'd great shield. He gets a nice level.

Um64KQC.pngIWg3RTY.png

A swish and a miss, followed by a swish and a BOOM.

lUhvrSf.png

Even with effective weaponry and a crit, this guy refuses to die.

HjnchXE.png

Vanessa finishes off yet another druid and caps skill.

h2U6tEo.pngUkG0tvs.png

This was...fortunate. Extremely fortunate. The level-up was bad, but at this point I shall count my blessings.

K0RiXSX.png

Syrene's the only one of the Moulder/Vanessa/Syrene triangle that can reliably hit a druid on a mountain.

6jMXMpI.png1OTrUnv.png

I do believe that's the last reinforcements on the map, barring those that appear near the forts when you approach Lyon.

IiLvcCR.png

Ewan gets a decent final level.

m0PEC5M.png

I'm not going anywhere near that thing with my units.

N10WA2W.png

This, on the other hand, I think I can lure safely.

6T9MxsJ.png

Yay!

fvSq0Jh.png

SON OF A MONKEY'S UNCLE

0xUEc3D.png

A little rng abusing later (I savestated before moving him there), Saleh still gets double-hit but survives.

xvZikIJ.png

Yeah, fuck you.

9FN2o27.png

Eirika tops up Saleh and gets the first perfect level of this run.

QhD7YN7.pngH84i98M.png

Some HP would appreciated, but otherwise you're good.

soNVztN.png

And good-night, sweet prince.

M9xfnAl.pngiuXnvth.png

Lyon's a joke. Moulder actually hit both times.

QRBTfjR.pngjXHMr4i.png23OCPHO.png

Vanessa now wants speed, and I get a tome that I have no use for.

[spoiler=Growths (Lute)]

Lute (replacing Syrene):

HP: 5

Skill: 20

Speed: 105

Defense: 15

Resistance: 95

She's like, the anti-Cormag. Had I given her 18 levels in this map, I could have stolen the berserker's dracoshield!

Also, note that, aside from L'Arachel, I have not gotten a single flier in this game.

You dare call Moulder the Boulder a GENERIC?

HE WILL SMITE YOU!

(assuming he can hit you, of course).

[spoiler=Chapter 18]

This is pretty much a level-up montage since gorgon eggs give mucho exp. But first, I went to the tower to get some weapon ranks up.

jjitTXz.png

Ewan also got S dark here, so I have a Gleipnir user (for all the good that is, since iirc it's not even effective against monsters).

1Q19E9i.pngoRsbhs6.png0hebwYB.pngT6LFNWZ.png

hXVNBWk.pngzz0aMFJ.png

The loots

7x8mjxH.pngaBwzeMG.png8bA9iZg.png2GJE0YY.png

nz6cnzX.pngScsUSTL.pngLwFzWOT.pngdqttgz1.png

OWosFBP.png

And the levels. Vanessa got S axes, Syrene and Seth got S light, Eirika got S anima, Ephraim got A axes, S lances, and C swords, and Natasha got C swords. It means I don't have a Latona user, but I'd rather have 2 S-ranked bishops anyway.

G1KTC51.png

Moving on to the actual chapter, we're greeted with this nice fellow. Quite tanky, but took a bit of a dip in the strength department, thankfully.

Dl0eNko.png

And the boss doesn't seem to have gotten the memo that Stone and Demon Surge are Monster Magic.

lQHtKdg.png

The crew. Cormag subs for Ewan here since Ewan is already level 20.

4BEpn2f.png

Now imagine this with a capped strength Gorgon.

fLZeRL3.png

Seth puts his SUPER EFFECTIVE HEALING to use.

90D8JUo.png

Tana gets more strength! I like this, keep it up.

RzdbV4X.png

You need speed, dog.

Sl2c0ui.png

Unnecessary critical is unnecessary.

e33XzJZ.png

Tana shows off to Kyle how to dodge (seriously, he dodges all of one shadowshot this chapter).

PXc4QJH.png

Has strength, do like.

9PTfc3i.png

The moment when I realize it might just be a good idea to have a restore staff on the team.

LzklkGI.pngDtNkS8L.png

That moment when Cormag sucks so hard, he can barely 1-hit a gorgon egg.

mNNxhSZ.png

Yeah, your defenses now need to go up.

gTkq1jU.png

You picked the wrong weapon today, stony boy.

omMjC26.png

Did I mention I love Great Shield?

570ssIx.png

Well isn't it fortunate I thought of the staff?

WijkZrv.png

Baels got a bit of a boost, especially to skill. I didn't realize unpromoted ones had the same caps as their promoted counterparts.

EnE4suy.png

Capped luck doesn't help this poor creature as Ephraim crits it out of existence.

ksxGlZP.png

Meanwhile, Natasha finishes this annoyance off in 2 turns.

6OWs7Dq.pngg7fqhKh.png

Ow and ow and look at Saleh not doing much damage.

aRoSbmV.png

Natasha still being awesome.

x3zQPRa.png

CORMAG'S FIRST SILENCER! I think.

Tm2mFtr.png

Could use some HP, but you already capped 3 things so I'm proud of you anyway.

iaMQ3HK.png

Could use some speed, but...eh, see above.

l3JSiLa.png

Capped luck. Who'd have thought a knight could be a dodge-tank?

PnkphZl.pngiYfByS0.png

...You are a blight upon this run.

xW9x2cm.pngq333YTF.pngXNK4z09.png

Some level-ups; at this point, nothing too ordinary.

XPHkMhd.png

Some gratuitous "WHEEEEEEE" noises.

WxGMLjp.png

WHAT DID I SAY ABOUT SPEED KYLE

ZTJzLyW.png

Ruh roh. Didn't have enough people to take them all out.

6HH2HCe.png

AND IT GOES RIGHT FOR CORMAG.

Thankfully (oddly?) it doesn't double.

VUP7b2s.png

You hit Ephraim. You must die.

hr9nUED.pngZ8sQ56p.png

You hit Cormag. AAAAAAAAAAND I don't care. She hits S bows off this guy.

k3i2P07.pnge9qrB07.png0OpsXuj.png

Saleh lookin' good. Cormag gets the kill, but they don't give much xp compared to their babies. Still, he gets a level without strength.

n69Zher.png

Won't be able to get to these eggs in time. 4 gorgons on the way. Fun.

gqFrkx0.png

More HP from this lovely lady doesn't hurt, although I'd love if she capped resistance.

bnusO1s.png

Speed is nice.

r8FC2Os.png

Die by the spinny lance of death!

33nP0X3.png

"See Kyle? It's really easy, just dodge?"

lAOs5tL.png

"LIKE THIS?"

"YEAH!"

RhwYWHg.png

A load of spiders decide to drop in and ruin my day.

uyoOdOx.pnga8ADL0u.png

Ain't gonna be no poison 'round these here parts.

ua3xpO7.png

Oh, fudge.

nXqjuLJ.png

That could have been painful.

TMu6umS.png

Fortunately, I have other staff users!

3gBUFb1.png

And yet another gorgon gets a whirlygig of death to the face.

GTYpYN8.pngBBheHNe.png

Bishop crits are hard to capture, but rest assured that was one.

J5AmtaJ.png

"Hitting things is so overrated." - Moulder, 2015.

kHRfJBk.png

"I totes agree." - Vanessa, 2015.

NRgcNL5.png

"Get your shit together, guys." - Kyle, 2015.

epjDIRw.png

"I hear and obey, O Dog of Hell." - Moulder, 2015.

[spoiler=Chapter 19 + Levels]

hwLtLnS.png

We begin with this setup. I'm allowed to bring 17 people, but I only took 13, so the northwest corner is empty. I think ya'll know who's who by now.

DOagFkW.png

Our allies are still not terribly impressive.

bHrbx9V.png

This guy, on the other hand, could dish out some pain.

J2ruTf0.png1Qt1EYR.png

Our first order of business is warp that worthless sack of lard Cormag into the middle of a pillar for no discernible reason.

kmrX4og.png

Actually I lied. Seth warps him over here so he can start looting chests.

Kemqk7D.pnggiUmu4Q.pngzEzkbNg.pngnSC2hvG.png

Syrene lights up the south area, revealing Riev and his unfortunate class.

Unfortunate for him, that is.

6mY3SC1.png12dg37j.png

Tethys, as the person with the highest strength, warps Natasha barely beyond the generals so that she can start beating Riev up.

pFlLLli.png

Everyone else kinda spreads out and waits to see what appears out of the fog.

RUAABwE.pngwpSOnwG.pngsMWaOa4.png5kylGat.png

sGIrMnF.png

What appears is bad news for the Rausten knights. I did vaguely hope that I'd be able to save enough of them to get the light brand, but I really don't care.

bxyWRAM.png

Natasha gets whacked by this bastard too. It was either leave her in general range or in Riev's range, and I knew she could tank this.

vN5fVlI.png

Rausten's knights apparently do not have a strong sense of self-preservation.

1goShXa.png

He survives because the fighter missed an attack, but it's not enough to net me a light brand. Such is life.

fJ8t1oa.png

Could be useful since I don't have a Latona user.

zKTPUVW.png

Tana 1-hits a luna druid.

ubn7PqN.pngNiUvONN.pngmhClO8f.png

Seth warps Eirika over to the west side, getting a nice level, and the only treasure I care about (for reference, the other chests have a runesword and a fenrir, neither of which I'd use, and the remaining chest on the east side contains 5k cash, of which I have plenty at the moment).

MXoUssK.png

Kyle visits the secret shop to terrify Anna buy some physic and barrier staves.

Qj4oMOo.png

Just for fun, Ephraim erases another druid.

XFrYyup.pngDLC2wtu.pngYBKA9j0.png

And that's chapter 19 done! Gilliam's extra warp staff did come in handy, although the only thing I really wanted was the speedwing, and I could have gotten that with 1 staff alone. Also, I believe this is the first time I've used a warp staff in any fire emblem.

Foarq0g.png

And here's why I can afford to not care about the loot I missed.

S4mT0oF.png

Seth has earned that wing.

[spoiler=Capping the Party]

I wanted to do this trick I saw to get some skill books for Moulder and Eirika, which involved the Lagdou Ruins, but for some reason it didn't work for me. So instead, I went to level everyone up to level 20 at the Maelkan Coast skirmish using the torch glitch (because I was too lazy to savestate every 5 seconds).

guzx34d.pngLyKTsHq.png5s26ZlB.pngo4ETmjK.png

rOz4Sru.pngbThu5fK.pngPP8ZKSH.png

Nothing terribly unusual here, although everyone barring the melee wights seems to have gotten shafted in the HP department.

QokGqhZ.png

These guys, however, put everyone else to shame. The only thing that makes them not KO everything and everyone in my party (besides dropping their weapons) is that Crimson Eye and Shadowshot absolutely decimate their AS (17 and 11, respectively).

MnfZUjf.png

And then there's this guy, the real boss of the Coast. All I have to say is "MOMMY!".

Hpgg2lc.png

A final look at Ewan's phantoms. They're actually pretty good.

YEDI1zK.pngjvUe5lM.pngc9gj47m.pngjEKLqHn.png

OPQYvGX.pngnXwAv5x.png

Loots gained from a couple of runs on the coast (plus a lucky book I picked up from the Ruins, but couldn't replicate). The first book went to Eirika.

lp7oNtb.png

Miracle of miracles: Cormag getting a maxed level (except luck) WITHOUT rng abuse. Tears of joy coursed down my cheeks upon seeing this.

And now, the results:

lwKA3z0.pnglIvTSeX.pngmbAZBix.pngx29Ftxm.png

jpYZOD0.pngKuxJ2HH.pngycACZr4.pngVeW8iEV.png

uKxwngB.pngrJM6a30.pnguuFpoSu.pngPJOeCyw.png

Z1C5wVZ.png

The only one that I really rng abused was Cormag, because I wanted him to get strength (still not sure who's going in the final party, and having a strong support for my Nidhogg user may be good). He actually turned out pretty good, especially in the defense department; he was just a bloody pain to train during the story because he couldn't damage anything!

Edited by Tequila