Chrom is gonna be in? Wut?!

Elieson

Mercer must feel really cheated out right now, considering he's always wanted to voice in smash (he partly got his wish, but still).

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, Chrom must hold the record for most appearances in a Smash game while not being playable. Trophy (two, even), final smash, guidance conversation, Mii costume...

Chrom has two trophies? WTF does he need two for?

I smell more Sakurai bias. >_>

3DS and Wii U. It's not 2 in the same game. Unless you count Robin's final smash trophy. Then it's 2 in the Wii U version.

Also, to add to Red Fox's list, Chrom appears in one of Robin's three victory animations.

Lol, calm yourself, girl. Yikes. He has his own, and he's in Robin's final smash trophy. That's all I was getting at.

^That's right, victory animation. Chrom is everywhere except the roster.

Edited by Red Fox of Fire

Ohhh. Well, it still looks like a bit of bias to me. I mean, putting Chrom everywhere but the roster looks like somebody really likes Chrom, they just didn't make him playable because he felt Robin was (rightly) a more unique addition.

Edited by Anacybele

*sigh* Goddamnit, Taco. I actually laughed at this.

On a separate note, now I want a Chrom mii on standby for when the DLC goes live. Has anyone made/found one that's similar to the Mii Fighter picture??

Already did it. I'll upload the QR Code and send it to you if you'd like.

Ohhh. Well, it still looks like a bit of bias to me. I mean, putting Chrom everywhere but the roster looks like somebody really likes Chrom, they just didn't make him playable because he felt Robin was (rightly) a more unique addition.

Him having being a trophy doesn't really seem like a big deal to me, being part of Robin's Final Smash is fitting seeing as how he isn't playable and it displays the bond between Robin and Chrom, being apart of Robin's Conversation was nice...until it was all about insulting him, and being a Mii Fighter Costume is the cherry on top of the metaphorical cake for me.

I know you don't like Chrom, but personally I think that them actually trying to show they care about him is pretty swell, considering the controversy over how he was shown in the trailer, and the Palutena Guidance conversation.

However, if he was suddenly announced as a DLC character (not including winning the ballot) but just as a DLC character because Sakurai wanted to put him in...that would be ridiculous. Being a FS character, having a Mii Fighter Costume, and then having his own character slot would be ridiculous.

I've wanted Chrom on the roster for a long time now, but if he gets in because Sakurai wants him in and not because he wins the ballot, then that would be bias.

Edited by Deviddo

Lol, calm yourself, girl. Yikes. He has his own, and he's in Robin's final smash trophy. That's all I was getting at.

^That's right, victory animation. Chrom is everywhere except the roster.

Yeah he's even on the ground.

chrom__life_alert__can_t_get_up_by_nicho

*hands you a free internet*

i-m-gonna-do-an-internet-o.gif

Regarding K. Rool (side note: anybody else notice both the character costume sets are of royalty?), what is the more likely situation is that he ended up as a runner-up on the Smash Ballot and got a costume as compensation for his number of fans. This being said, I am really curious when the next character announcement is going to be.

Regarding K. Rool (side note: anybody else notice both the character costume sets are of royalty?), what is the more likely situation is that he ended up as a runner-up on the Smash Ballot and got a costume as compensation for his number of fans. This being said, I am really curious when the next character announcement is going to be.

Oh oh! Me! OH me!

This is one of Sakurai's new mind playing games. And no one can read the guy who created smash.

I've wanted Chrom on the roster for a long time now, but if he gets in because Sakurai wants him in and not because he wins the ballot, then that would be bias.

I don't like Chrom either, but I can't hate if he was added through the ballot. And I gotta admit, the costume looks pretty cool. (Waiting for some hilarious mii's to just defile it)

This get's me doh. Chrom and K.Rool get's costumes and K.Rool is freggin high on the ballot. No no. Sakurai did this just to stir things or tell people to wait patiently.

No offence to Chrom fans, but I'm quite happy that this pretty much deconfirms him from being an actual playable character.

I'm of the opinion that literally any other FE Lord would bring more to Smash than Chrom.

Having said that, the costume looks really good and it's a nice compromise for his supporters.

No offence to Chrom fans, but I'm quite happy that this pretty much deconfirms him from being an actual playable character.

I'm of the opinion that literally any other FE Lord would bring more to Smash than Chrom.

Having said that, the costume looks really good and it's a nice compromise for his supporters.

The Super Smash Bros Trailers deconfirmed him...Robin deconfirmed him!

Something I realized about K.Rool,

He's a character that doesn't have much of a natural following, but on Smash communities, he has a fanbase that represents a vocal minority, most of which aren't even fans of the character, they simply bandwagoned him because he was popular in that community for a little while, and because a lot of people are kinda running out of ideas for characters they want in Smash, specifically first party ones. So some of them vote for being popular.

This can also apply for Ridley.

Something I realized about K.Rool,

He's a character that doesn't have much of a natural following, but on Smash communities, he has a fanbase that represents a vocal minority, most of which aren't even fans of the character, they simply bandwagoned him because he was popular in that community for a little while, and because a lot of people are kinda running out of ideas for characters they want in Smash, specifically first party ones. So some of them vote for being popular.

This can also apply for Ridley.

You can say that for most characters in Smash bros honestly. Marth, Ike, Ness, Roy, and Captain Falcon are notorious for this. I always constantly hear people like them for the gameplay and Smash Bros but they don't care about their source materials.

Edited by kingddd

Yeah he's even on the ground.

chrom__life_alert__can_t_get_up_by_nicho

I'm dying.

Everybody's worried about King K. Rool's chances in Smash.There's still a chance.A small one,but it's still there.

Edited by ShadowShine

For those interested, Nintendo made the official Chrom mii available for download via QR, alongside all the other miis showcased in the images on their site, aside from Heihachi for some reason.

qr_sample12.jpg