what you don't like about games you love

Phoenix Wright

Suikoden II - Depending on which version or way you play the game, some characters are level 99 upon recruiting them which kind of makes me not want to even test them out in my party.

MegaMan Battle Network 5: Colonel - The fact that we have Toadman and Numberman instead of Needleman and Roll REALLY bothers me. Even though I know the games don't follow the anime completely, at least Protoman's team had all Crest of Duo characters. It would have been great if Colonel's team followed in a similar fashion. And Needleman and Roll could easily do the same thing as Numberman and Toadman, respectively.

Strider 2 - The lack of the Options is pretty disappointing.

Dead or Alive 5: Last Round - Too much emphasis on the bikinis. And the Steam version of the game doesn't have the stages and features the console versions have, which is annoying.

Persona 3 FES - Even though FES was made before the portable version, lack of Female MC sucks.

Final Fantasy Tactics - Some of the monsters are OP even with high level and good equipment.

Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth - Lack of ability to really level grind kind of sucks, but isn't too big of an issue. And the A Ending is almost impossible to figure out without having some sort of guide.

Fate/Extra - The battling was very tedious after a while. CCC is guilty of this as well, but at least CCC switched up the battle animations.

Radiant Dawn - The Support system and conversations were just not good. I feel like if they were to make it like the traditional support system, characters like Aran would have been fleshed out more.

Monster Rancher - The battling could have been fleshed out a bit more.

Smash Bros. 3DS/Wii - This is just a slight complaint that can apply to anything after Melee. But I miss a lot of the Pokeball Pokemon in Melee. Onix was awesome, Beedrill/Unown were cool, Clefairy and Togepi metronomed every single Pokemon, etc.

Edited by DragonSoul

Majora's Mask needs better main dungeons. I only like Stone Tower, which is probably my favorite dungeon in any zelda game.

Dark Souls - Fuck the Capra Demon.

Get good.

Honestly as much as I like Dark Souls, that boss is boring once you learn how to kill him.

That and the lord souls bosses aren't too great.

1. I hate the Duke's Archives and the fight with Seath is kind of bland. His "gimmick" is kind of annoying, but is mostly worthless as it doesn't affect the fight too much.
  2. Nito just kind of sucks and dies pretty easily.
  3. I shouldn't have to explain the Bed of Chaos.
  4. The four kings is pretty cool, until you learn you can just Havel Tank through the entire fight and win with almost no effort.

Ehh. You dont have to grind at all in that game unless you are going for certain late-game quests. If you keep up with the majority of sidequests in each area, you will always be at a consistently equal level to where you need to be. Or even a bit overleveled. I do agree with the "can you collect 20 of these items to get the goodie" quests being kinda dumb. If you cant fight reliably against baddies only a couple of levels above you, theres...something you are doing wrong and its likely to do with your gem equips or skill trees. Git gud.

The only complaint i have with Xenoblade really, is Shulk screaming out a particular name over and over in the narrative. Dude, give it a rest.

Do you mean

FIOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I also agree about how buggy the Lego games have gotten. Star Wars the Complete Saga is my personal favorite.

Oh yeah, I forgot, there is one little problem I had with Super Mario Galaxy 2, as excellent as it is, imo. The Green Star quest is great and all, but them things weren't exactly well hidden half the time and they were supposed to be hard to find according to Lubba. :/

And Zelda: Skyward Sword: Should've had more dungeons for how big that overworld was! Maybe one more in the sky and one more somewhere on the surface.

Zelda: The Minish Cap could've been longer and a bit harder as well.

Edited by Anacybele

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

-having to repeat Twilight Trail so many times

-certain trouble center missions are just boring

Metroid Prime

-none that I can think of

-possible lack of replayability? I'm not sure since I might want to go back and experience the story again in a few years time. It's more of a novel than it is a game, which is by now means a bad thing. It's one of the few games where I actually care about the plot.

Sonic Generations

-the missions above the main stages can be boring at times

-the final boss is complete garbage

Do you mean

FIOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I also agree about how buggy the Lego games have gotten. Star Wars the Complete Saga is my personal favorite.

Thats the one.

Yeah, even the Harry Potter ones i have on the Wii are a bit buggy and can crash. Its usually a resolution issue or something but like...fuck.

FE7: Hector Hard Mode, ALL OF IT

Crash Bandicoot 3 Warped: Backtracking to get those Time Relics

FE9:Intentionally leaveing a cliffhanger, so one of my least favorite games in the series could be born. Doubt it's right to blame FE9 for allowing FE10 to happen, but if I don't, I'll blame FE10 for ruining FE9 for me, and that game needs to have something in it I don't complain about

FE6: the Gaiden Chapters and the multiple endings

FE11:the Gaiden Chapters

Syphon Filter 2: making the awesomeness that is the air taser exclusive to two levels, when the other two games in the series basically gave it to you every level.

UGH. I love the game to death, but I hate that feature, especially when you have to do those time trials in the underwater levels.

Someone else here mentioned Crash 1's save system, and that was ... pardon my french ... total horse shit.

Radiant Dawn forgetting about the LEA's existence until 4-4 rolls around.

Resident Evil 4- The dialogue is cheesy and stupid

So? Every Resident Evil game has cheesy and stupid dialogue. It's been a series tradition ever since Barry Burton's "Jill Sandwich" line in the first game.

Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga - Final boss is incredibly tedious, forces you to be at 1 HP to make it hard.

You can use Nuts to heal yourself, you know.

I think Resident Evil 4 is deliberately trying to invoke cheesy action movie dialogue, which I have no problem with because I love cheesy action movie dialogue.

Thats the one.

Yeah, even the Harry Potter ones i have on the Wii are a bit buggy and can crash. Its usually a resolution issue or something but like...fuck.

I encountered a bug so bad in Lego Lord of the Rings that I just flat out dropped it. That and I didn't like that it traded in the funny pantomime storytelling for actual dialogue from the movie.

Ehh. You dont have to grind at all in that game unless you are going for certain late-game quests. If you keep up with the majority of sidequests in each area, you will always be at a consistently equal level to where you need to be. Or even a bit overleveled. I do agree with the "can you collect 20 of these items to get the goodie" quests being kinda dumb. If you cant fight reliably against baddies only a couple of levels above you, theres...something you are doing wrong and its likely to do with your gem equips or skill trees. Git gud.

The only complaint i have with Xenoblade really, is Shulk screaming out a particular name over and over in the narrative. Dude, give it a rest.

i mean, i shouldn't have to do sidequests to stay on par with where the game wants me to be at, ya know? the game is already pretty easy given the right party, save a couple bosses, so the fact that my hitrate is affected so much to enemies 6+ levels higher really changes how i view combat in the game. i feel like it the hit and evade formulas weren't so stupid i might actually be challenged by 6-10+ over-my-level fights. but as it stands in the game, those enemies pretty much can't be defeated. it's more similar to pokemon where level actually matters as opposed to kingdom hearts where it doesn't really matter at all.

shulk's magnificent, heroic, beautiful shouting is a major selling point imo. i love it and him so much.

Edited by Phoenix Wright

Hmm... let's see.

Halo: CE and Halo 2: the campaigns are starting to show their age; lackluster HUD design (why couldn't the anniversary editions stick the shield bar in the topmost-center part of the screen, as is now the norm?).

Monster Hunter 3G/U: No online multiplayer in the 3DS version. Not that it stopped me from soloing G-rank, but eh.

Monster Hunter (in general): The blasted desire sensor.

Pokemon Black/White: That immediate level jump in the post game. Nothing like having to grind up another ten levels on your pokemon before you can really experience the post game.

Kingdom Hearts 3D: Game unbalance. There is no reason to ever use your keyblade; you can just spam flowmotion on normal enemies, and constantly evade while firing off magic in boss fights. Plus, Riku bias; sure, let's give Sora an upgraded dodge roll that goes slightly farther, while we give Riku a freaking TELEPORT (the latter boss fights end up as contests to see who can out-teleport-spam their opponent).

Edited by The DanMan

Trying to unlock everything in Dragon Ball Z Budokai 3 is incredibly annoying. Moves (especially ultimate moves and fusions) have to be bought in the store where they randomly appear and character unlocks sometimes require some crazy circumstances in order to get them (looking at you Broly and SSJ4)

Mother 3: Chapter 2 just sucks cause Duster is the worst solo ever and is a stopping point for most people, including myself at first

Smash Bros. Melee: The AI is atrocious, probably the worst AI in the entire series

Megaman X: Falling into a pit to find stuff is bad design, especially with zero hints

FE5: Reinforcement ballista that one shot your staff users on the turn they appear isn't cool

Terraria: Not having the highest possible HP just sucks and getting life increases is a timesink

MH4U: A lot of monsters have zero tell charges that basically make you always hit its sides, which isn't that great for blunt weapon users. Also sharpness +1 is too necessary and limiting.

Brave Fencer Musashi: Nothing of note happens for a huge portion of the game

Terranigma: See above

KH2FM: Pride Lands has the worst bosses ever conceived and is hell on earth at lvl 1

Fire Emblem Awakening - Lack of mission objective variety

Zelda Windwaker - the original sailing speed and the triforce hunting

F-Zero GX - Diamond Cup. It's my most least played GP and for good reasons. Also the Car Stats in game do not reflect the stats of the cars at all.

Elite Beat Agents - only 19 songs for a rhythm game. It's too little.

Battalion Wars - no multiplayer for the original and the sequel removed the point units to any specific locations you desire.

Super Mario Galaxy 2 - The green stars were an unnecessary padding to get to the final level

Pokemon Gold/Silver - the level difficulty curve was really out of wack. I mean sure I could beat Red with level 50s but it was still dumb how much level increases it was.

Secret of Mana 3/Seikan densetsu 3 - the UI was a cluster. Especially when you play co-op where you will constantly pause the game for all your teammates breaking the pacing of the game

Ace Attorney - no replay value like most linear VNs.