On Project Naga...

Lantairu

Yes, but it would be really annoying to do. In fact, the only reason that the previously existing ending translation (which has been available for years now) has not been inserted is the fact that the branched nature of the ending makes it a nightmare to do.

Probably the main reason this has taken so long to just translate in the first place.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And so the community should probably stop calling translations shit when none of them are willing or capable of handling the ending properly. On FESS, I thought we had a pinned thread of all the character ending dialogue and the various possible pairings, so players who finish their game can then go and read the different versions. It was an easy and accessible solution that worked fine.

And so the community should probably stop calling translations shit when none of them are willing or capable of handling the ending properly. On FESS, I thought we had a pinned thread of all the character ending dialogue and the various possible pairings, so players who finish their game can then go and read the different versions. It was an easy and accessible solution that worked fine.

I agree about the translations. I don't necessarily agree about the patches. I don't need to be able to hack to see that FE5's needs a lot of spit-shining, but I'm also not about to bitch and say "I WANT THIS NOW". (Also I still see an older version of Shaya's patch tossed around that keeps those knee-jerk memetic lines in and it's /painful/.)

Stuff'll happen in time, but patience is needed.

That said, I saw this: https://bookofholsety.dreamwidth.org/8084.html?thread=162964#cmt162964

If people are able, this is the right way to go about it.

Edited by NoNameAtAll

This is what I was afraid of. Any news on what BookofHolsety might be doing next?

I've seen tons of people on this thread say that they would be willing to hack the text in, so he could just use on of those people.

I've seen tons of people on this thread say that they would be willing to hack the text in, so he could just use on of those people.

If he uses one of 'em, I just hope they insert all of bookofholsety's text and not cherry pick some names out and whatnot.

No changes to his script or names. Futz with that on their own and keep it to themselves, but insert /all/ and not most. *Nodnod*

If he uses one of 'em, I just hope they insert all of bookofholsety's text and not cherry pick some names out and whatnot.

No changes to his script or names. Futz with that on their own and keep it to themselves, but insert /all/ and not most. *Nodnod*

I would probably review the pacthing work with the game to make sure nothing was changed. But honestly, you'd have to be really whiney to change someone else's work like that.

So again: the tools Twilkitri used are perfectly usable and available, so someone just needs to actually sit down and use them, instead of posting on a forum.

It's been this way for like a decade. Is there a reason people are avoiding it, or is it just a "I heard" aversion?

In the case of FE6, I think Gringe works as an English teacher in Japan

Quick addition: at the time I was indeed an English teacher, but I had a pretty lengthy background in manga fan translation. I'm a professional translator/localizer in "the biz" now! The first game I headed will be out soon (don't think I'll be announcing it here though >_>).

So again: the tools Twilkitri used are perfectly usable and available, so someone just needs to actually sit down and use them, instead of posting on a forum.

Work has me pretty busy lately, but FE4 has a special place in my heart--I even have those crappy FE4 figures displayed on my work computer. I haven't been too involved in the FE4 retranslation because I was waiting/hoping for Resire to be completed. Since it's basically canceled though, I may try something myself when I have time (emphasis on "may" and "when I have time"). I was never a professional haxzor even when I was working on FE6, but I did learn a lot. Might be able to do that again.

I guess posting this doesn't really go beyond "posting on a forum" though!

http://bookofholsety.dreamwidth.org/31776.html

tl;dr i don't think it's physically possible to thank mp2e enough for everything he did, the work he put in means the world to me even if it never came to fruition, looking for new hacker(s), enquire within

THe vienamese patch is actualy the best way to experience the endding because it translates it and uses the english names

The relevant translations are actualy linked in a pined thread.

http://bookofholsety.dreamwidth.org/31776.html

tl;dr i don't think it's physically possible to thank mp2e enough for everything he did, the work he put in means the world to me even if it never came to fruition, looking for new hacker(s), enquire within

Aside from the hacking stuff, how complete would you say refining the FE4 translation is? I've heard people say the current script is only a rough draft, even though it looks fine.

the only chapter i feel confident in calling 100% complete is the prologue, although imo i could probably put the ending and most of secondgen in a patch and be somewhat okay with that. honestly, the idea of people being able to look at anything other than the prologue and go "yup this is fine" feels kind of weird :P

the only chapter i feel confident in calling 100% complete is the prologue, although imo i could probably put the ending and most of secondgen in a patch and be somewhat okay with that. honestly, the idea of people being able to look at anything other than the prologue and go "yup this is fine" feels kind of weird :P

Well considering the hacking is pretty much 0% complete, I guess that is even more time to refine.

The relevant translations are actualy linked in a pined thread.

Correction: it used to be pinned, but was moved to a link in the "repository of useful topics" thread instead. It can be found here. http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=14127

The Twilkitri's tools have some limit.

I think when some people other than their own creator try to use the tools, it takes them too much time to just learn how to use the tools.

And then there are some people who can really do all the hacking, they are all so afraid of the illegal, respect or permission things, so they wont touch it because someone else has already works on it.

Thus everyone has to wait for so long, and still dont see what they're waiting for, a completed patch.

The Twilkitri's tools have some limit.

I think when some people other than their own creator try to use the tools, it takes them too much time to just learn how to use the tools.

Yes, bookofholsety handed them over to me, but I really have no idea what I'm looking at or what I'm supposed to do with anything. This ain't no hex editor or FEditor.

Yes, bookofholsety handed them over to me, but I really have no idea what I'm looking at or what I'm supposed to do with anything. This ain't no hex editor or FEditor.

Lamia seems to have something figured out for her fe4 hack (i seem to recall it involving a patch that allows you to edit the text directly in a hex editor fairly easily). Perhaps you could ask her?

Lamia seems to have something figured out for her fe4 hack (i seem to recall it involving a patch that allows you to edit the text directly in a hex editor fairly easily). Perhaps you could ask her?

Sounds like the ASCII patch SpyroDi or whoever made a long-ass time back.

• 2 weeks later...

Just being nosey, has anyone picked up the patching side now MP2E has left?

I am not for sure, but I now Holsety is looking for people and there are people offering. As Gringe has said on this thread, I think he's working on it.

Edited by Lantairu