On Project Naga...

Lantairu

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly more excited for this than Fates.

Same. Honestly, my Fates hype died out a while ago. I'm still going to buy the game, but the more I have to wait the less excited I am.

My one quibble with Project Naga is that they translated the name of the final chapter as "The Final Holy War" and not "The Last Crusade."

And instead of getting the Book of Naga, you would get the Holy Grail?

Does this mean we chop off Ares' arms and legs? He is the black knight.

Getting your Grail stories confused there.

In this one, Arvis would drink from the fake Grail, and age rapidly until he was just a skeleton.

"He chose... poorly."

...Does this mean Sigurd would be played by Sean Connery?

Getting your Grail stories confused there.

In this one, Arvis would drink from the fake Grail, and age rapidly until he was just a skeleton.

"He chose... poorly."

...Does this mean Sigurd would be played by Sean Connery?

Omg, I'm just trying to imagine a live action Seisen movie with Sigurd played by Sean Connery and Seliph played by Harrison Ford, or photoshopping Sigurd's face onto Jones' father in every scene of Last Crusade.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Well, according to this thread:

http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php/topic,21199.0.html

ddstranslation has teamed up with bookofholsety and things are moving along nicely.

Everything looks fantastic so far, im really looking forward to this.

Wow, this is great. It's nice to finally get an idea of how everything will look in the final version. And we finally have an actual progress report.

Seeing as the main thing holding the project back before was the lack of reliable tools, if they can do that much it must mean they've got new tools, which means the rest of the project shouldn't take too long at all.

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

Seeing as the main thing holding the project back before was the lack of reliable tools, if they can do that much it must mean they've got new tools, which means the rest of the project shouldn't take too long at all.

It sounds like they modded existing tools from the other snes games that that translater worked on, which make sense because they probably just had to change a few things like offsets and font maping, instead of doing it all from scratch.

Edited by sirmola

I really hope this is finished soon/someday for a reason that I'm not sure anybody has used before:

I never had access to the epilogue before and now that I know the epilogue distributes all the kingdoms to their heirs I absolutely need to replay the game and make sure all kingdoms have a heir!

like, only Jamke's kids inherit Verdane. I never paired Jamke with anyone before, I think. this is atrocious! this is giving me ocd!! I need to pair Jamke next time

Edited by Axie

I really hope this is finished soon/someday for a reason that I'm not sure anybody has used before:

I never had access to the epilogue before and now that I know the epilogue distributes all the kingdoms to their heirs I absolutely need to replay the game and make sure all kingdoms have a heir!

like, only Jamke's kids inherit Verdane. I never paired Jamke with anyone before, I think. this is atrocious! this is giving me ocd!! I need to pair Jamke next time

I usualy just unapply the patch and use the translations in the thread linked in the snes board's consolidated link thread (the vietnamize patch uses the english names, so that could help too). It'l be nice to see the text in game, though, (especialy because the second best plot twist is in the untranslated bit.

I usualy just unapply the patch and use the translations in the thread linked in the snes board's consolidated link thread (the vietnamize patch uses the english names, so that could help too). It'l be nice to see the text in game, though, (especialy because the second best plot twist is in the untranslated bit.

Second best plot twist? Ooh I never knew there was a plot twist in the Epilogue. Don't spoil it, this makes me want to play the translation even more. I always found using the translations for the Epilogue to be super cumbersome. I usually just wait through it to get my rating.

Although the project's not done yet, DDSTrans did release a small patch that fixes the epilogue crash in the current patches, so now you can see your rank without have to load your save in a clean JP ROM.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/6t26o8xpapxrco8/fe4_old_ending_fix.ips

Although the project's not done yet, DDSTrans did release a small patch that fixes the epilogue crash in the current patches, so now you can see your rank without have to load your save in a clean JP ROM.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/6t26o8xpapxrco8/fe4_old_ending_fix.ips

Does it just fix the crash or does it include translation too?

Are you referring to

Levin being Holsety?

Second best plot twist? Ooh I never knew there was a plot twist in the Epilogue. Don't spoil it, this makes me want to play the translation even more. I always found using the translations for the Epilogue to be super cumbersome. I usually just wait through it to get my rating.

It is something that you may already know though, so don't be surprised if you already knew.

It is something that you may already know though, so don't be surprised if you already knew.

Oh yeah. I didn't know they said that in the Epilogue though, I thought it was something that was just implied.