Laguz + Branded Only Run Kind-of-Playlog

Vapo

SANAKI  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Should I be allowed to use Sanaki because of her being Micaiah's sister?

• Yeh, sure, go ahead.
    • Nope, her brand isn't visible.

Here Volug's Strength is 13 from the Energy Drop and Mordecai's Defense is 22 untransformed.

Volug: 13 x 2 = 26 + SS Strike (19) = 45

Mordecai: 22 x 2 = 44 Defense

= 1 Attack

So I doubt that will be happening.

Edited by Vapo

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So let's just say I underestimated Volug.

I underestimated Volug by an enormous amount.

You'll see why near the end of the chapter, but:

3-6 Part 1:

p2Pvbqr.png

Please no, that meme is so old.

CRKxNor.png

Despite not even being related to Ashnard, just by having blue hair.

5Wo8Ubz.png

For a grand total of 0 chapters.

nQ8a6yp.png

Most importantly, Volug, who I wouldn't be able to clear this mission without.

Then again, one time I did solo 3-6 with Resolve Laura...

1WiHtNu.png

And yet they still do. Why? Plot purposes!

RrRqRIY.png

Yes, Micaiah and friends are fighting for the people they spent all of Part 1 obliterating. How the tables have tabled.

aKvZkVb.png

Or lack thereof.

Mq8KxVu.png

Sothe is pretty much the Ranulf of the Dawn Brigade in Part 3.

suZ9qnQ.png

Pelleas has done nothing to help the country, Micaiah would make a much better queen.

5k0UdJR.png

The Part 3 Dawn Brigade chapters are always there, if for some reason you want an extreme dosage of cringe.

cSlqlvC.png

Sothe, shut up and wait until 3-13.

uzNHn1j.png

Speaking of this whole targeting laguz thing, why the HELL does Volug, a laguz, approve of this and stay on Micaiah's side throughout Part 3?

EsfLcYf.png

Good then, you won't, you end up getting like only 5 kills this chapter anyway.

hUX04of.png

fsMN4Vc.png

Friend? I don't think they've even seen each other since the end of FE9.

k2TUNOZ.png

Um, no, Volug will do that.

wzpq6CC.png

3-6 base conversations give us 5 items that are good in normal playthroughs, but are all absolutely useless in this one.

vCFfwwc.png

A9fsZcS.png

xcz2WwB.png

9aSLnbw.png

rS1CFqL.png

The only one of these we'll ever even maybe use is the Brave Axe, if I bother training Ike's Axe level up.

5D8QoMT.png

QVSC6BR.png

So these are Micaiah and Volug's new stats, slightly changed from the last time we saw them pre-redo. Notable differences are Volug's Speed and Strength, and some stuff with Vika we'll see later on.

hlqBBbM.png

RG5o4fN.png

0dJhlEc.png

vCv3qu2.png

PzYAYfd.png

U9nN05V.png

Volug gets a pretty extreme bexp dump. He gains some Strength which is awesome.

M2pEyOb.png

5llArjK.png

jjDmeoo.png

BCEVoFr.png

Apparently I didn't screenie Level 5 but it was Mag/Lck/Res. These levels right here don't matter much, just help her kill in this chapter for when it's needed.

G0K5KVE.png

Now that Volug has a stupidly high skill capacity, I take Howl off of him so I can put better things on him.

tB42Ogx.png

I decide to go with this, but later end up changing it.

TdcUegt.png

I want to be grinding Micaiah's Staff rank this level, so that she can later use cool stuff like the Hammerne.

GxaYZxu.png

As Ranulf states, this chapter is a Fog of War map. I generally hate FoW, but this map is probably one of the better FoW maps in this game.

jhMFUsS.png

Skrimir has shamed his family, apparently. I'm hoping the committing seppuku part is not included, I might end up using him.

R0hd9AF.png

And I would have been forced to use Sanaki. :(

I5bHz8Q.png

Small scene with Lyre and Kyza here.

E5PC3Wf.png

W6uRhC0.png

And yet we have no torches, and don't end up using any this entire chapter. Funny how that works.

cZesw72.png

JVlXW1I.png

Seeing as they can barely even smell you, I don't think being heard is going to be a problem.

Fcv2zKh.png

And by that she means just Volug.

5o9Tjxu.png

Between that cutscene and starting the chapter I switch up the skills a bit. Volug takes Beastfoe, and it ends up being extremely crucial to this chapter. He also takes Resolve, so that he can stay alive untransformed and have decent hit rates while doing so.

az1DsJi.png

Micaiah takes Discipline, since my main plan for her this chapter is just training up weapon rank.

Tvp4l2G.png

Also, Sothe takes Shade in case stuff goes wrong.

bH168mQ.png

Anyway, to the actual chapter. Sothe heads in the corner and Micaiah guides all the allied units to surround him.

Hmml6lp.png

Micaiah heads next to Sothe and Volug heads a bit forward. Volug is untransformed here for the crazy exp he gets despite his high level.

RwBc99O.png

Please don't, Volug wants exp.

Ay6J0me.png

This Bishop gets killed which is probably for the better, as he can take Volug out of Resolve range.

kM3j2wi.png

Nobody attacks Volug EP 1 so he heads next to this allied unit, who gets healed by Micaiah.

ivM9KWu.png

Because otherwise this chapter would be stupidly short.

woUyJki.png

EmS7Wh9.png

I would rather keep my life than keep my values, to be honest.

G7nCvQt.png

Micaiah does a good job of killing the laguz in this chapter. Also, the Shine animation is awesome.

Gtve7FM.png

The allied soldiers wish they could be as good as Micaiah and Volug, but sadly their wishes will never be answered. Wait, you want to see how good Volug is against these enemies? Just take a look at this next screenie.

GhJbTiU.png

No, this is not edited. Untransformed Beastfoe!SS!Volug one shots these enemies. Even the tigers. It's pretty insane. And don't even get me started on transformed Volug.

ABraZr3.png

And he gets good level ups to boot.

5oIMkYv.png

He does take some damage, but who cares when Resolve is a thing.

hE17Z3g.png

This Tiger very conveniently gets Volug in to exact Resolve range.

YNUzqZO.png

As shown here. He can pretty easily dodge most things even untransformed, provided his Biorhythm is decent.

GFwxlmN.png

Ah, the classic Volug level up.

DHqZtsT.png

Shouldn't Lyre be able to smell Lethe? Especially considering the fact that they're sisters, she should be able to recognise where her siser is.

cgtpvqg.png

If I remember correctly, this is the last cutscene Lyre is ever in. :(

kLrf9Wq.png

Oh, cool.

(part 2 coming soon)

Edited by Vapo

3-6 Part 2:

ZyVqras.png

The Black Knight returns in this chapter which is convenient, as my defenses are thinning and I need someone to rescue Sothe.

5Cbh77q.png

I'll be leaving Alondite unequipped for the most part, as BK is just an exp void.

GnBbuqH.png

Micaiah gains a level for reasons I can't recall.

TSyUHTB.png

Her staff rank also goes up after 2 uses. Discipline is pretty overpowered, to say the least.

o3Fo4DG.png

This soldier just casually manages to oneshot this cat.

zwe1IaO.png

And then dies to the next laguz that comes along. :( R.I.P the only useful ally I've ever had in this chapter.

Also, Volug transforms next turn. You may be wondering how much damage he does, considering he could one shot everything untransformed. Well:

fYOuZAO.png

Yeh. It's insane. Absolutely insane. The things you can do in Easy Mode...

UNSxyV7.png

One of those things being making Micaiah useful.

EDaX1fX.png

Was expecting to need to rig someone staying alive here, but ended up thinking wrong.

kk3HBw1.png

Due to reasons I don't quite understand this Tiger goes for the Soldier instead of Micaiah.

Cc0fqhq.png

Meanwhile, this is Volug's damage against cats. That's just about the highest number I've ever seen in this game.

Ss7F6UV.png

Here Sothe moves in to BK's range so he can be rescues, since all but two of the allies are dead.

vROGfdc.png

Micaiah kills the tiger next to her and gets this pretty awesome level up.

JhXlGxw.png

Oh, and Discipline is still OP.

EjV11Xc.png

Have I mentioned how cool the Shine animation looks? I probably have.

dqrTH5S.png

Miccy's Vantage is useful here, since she actually has a decent crit rate.

bcpHILg.png

Meh.

vkAyUOA.png

Not so meh, I'm always OK with Speed.

XbFETJX.png

I have my units set up like this to minimise Micaiah exposure, but it didn't quite work as evidenced by Micaiah's level ups.

TgmbbUr.png

Ahh, the healing items dropped as soon as we hit 1-1.

OrYpgkD.png

From here on out I decide to have Volug head towards the bosses, after seeing how much he did towards regular enemies. Micaiah and BK are at the bottom, in a position where Micaiah is unequipped and only facing one enemy.

XJT5T8i.png

As shown.

RzJvjU7.png

And Micaiah hits A staff rank here I believe.

BVNLb15.png

I didn't quite realise how many enemies Volug was exposed to when I moved him here. Mistakes were made. This was the bit I was referring to in the preview thing, as this took at least 10 resets to get a position where Volug lived this enemy phase.

JGytXyq.png

He gets healed by Micaiah, since otherwise he can only live one hit from a Tiger before he dies.

DIwzYSt.png

Battle animations were on because I was getting extremely frustrated at him getting hit so often and wanted to see the hit rates. Luckily he still got good level ups in the successful run here, but I wouldn't have reset if he didn't.

KkrnnL3.png

Any Res is welcome. The lower the chance of getting destroyed by 4-E-4 spirits, the better.

OLMmIVj.png

Oh yeh, this is how much damage exactly Volug does untransformed.

XSCzU9X.png

Awesome!

HU2AzCw.png

Volug was literally at 1 HP so I had Micaiah Physic him.

yRWl4Xg.png

And here we have Mordecai, with 11 enemies left.

HV3MJTz.png

I was trading earlier for RNG manipulation and accidentally forgot to unequip Alondite. Woops. Luckily this cat is the only one who goes for BK.

EUob1uM.png

Volug moves a bit forward. Diagonally to him is Lethe, and above Lethe is Mordecai. Both are in range of Volug, and keep in mind he's untransformed.

cYdPPSb.png

Some random enemy suicides on Volug and he gets Strength before fighting Lethe and Mordecai, which is very welcome.

6c3N457.png

Here's Volug vs Lethe.

ASx7puI.png

Wait for it...

NCkOlgm.png

UNTRANSFORMED VOLUG ONE SHOTS LETHE

Beastfoe on Laguz is completely broken.

6oHO7gU.png

Strong isn't good enough of a word to describe being one shot by an untransformed enemy.

ut4If5w.png

Here Volug caps HP and Strength.

EqrG6Gl.png

Mordecai does 32 damage on Volug, which is pretty bad. But just take a minute until you see this next screenshot.

DlQE7Xg.png

UNTRANSFORMED VOLUG CRITS AND ONESHOTS A MAX DEFENSE TRANSFORMED MORDECAI

VOLUG I LOVE YOU

1p2zqDs.png

I don't even care if this level sucks, that was beautiful.

BDwbYCx.png

Volug's final two levels will be bexp-induced. These are his stats for now, which are pretty overpowered in themselves.

6CyL0dx.png

We have two enemies left at this point, so Micaiah kills this Tiger.

o8HAu8i.png

And BK kills this Tiger to finish off the chapter.

AnxZAw2.png

You say that, Micaiah, and yet I'm pretty sure halfshifted Volug could take them all without breaking a sweat.

mHhqU9e.png

No strategy, only Volug.

jpkYeIO.png

You didn't fight any beorc though, Lethe.

6mDOu5X.png

Micaiah, there are ten laguz within a 4 tile radius of you. I don't think that will work.

n8vsBCa.png

Oh cool, our two groups are finally talking.

MO8YppW.png

I'm pretty sure Micaiah witnessed untransformed Volug one shot Mordecai.

ft43ZNS.png

They could run to the side.

F2ON4oW.png

There's a lion roar sound somewhere around here.

tAgtlKH.png

Why would you think he wasn't?

OdBWvv5.png

Oh hey, it's Tauroneo! I completely forgot about him.

OfLnP8n.png

I can confirm this, the enemies in 3-12 aren't laguz. This means no Volug one-shotting everything. D=

NFx4Zro.png

And Micaiah has regained her brains, just in time for the end of the chapter!

Next time: the Laguz Alliance's revenge. If they can last a second near Volug.

EDIT: Oh, also, Ulki wins the Hawks poll!

Edited by Vapo

I'm alive!

3-7 Part 1:

8y18tpl.png

As shown by Volug completely destroying everything last chapter. Beastfoe and SS Strike does that.

Fu7x8JV.png

63noJ3c.png

Mostly talon though.

fwjrhzk.png

We're already halfway through both the game and this part. It's crazy how fast this playthrough has been going.

EhNssI2.png

Shhhhhh, wait until 3-E where they explain everything.

NxK7tyF.png

Ranulf continues with his dayjob of being the only laguz with a brain.

bbYR7tf.png

Never mind, Skrimir's learning.

qccKNQc.png

We're never actually told before this scene that laguz heal quickly, or at least I don't remember it.

Rbn2Vwm.png

kHs0okn.png

I'd ask you to turn on Casual Mode Soren, but then I remembered this FE has challenge.

WZIEBML.png

Ranulf states here that the commander seems very clever, and yet later states that they're extremely unprepared due to the lack of fire mages or ballistae. Make up your mind, Ranulf.

wdYG9IF.png

If this playthrough was on GameFAQs, there'd be at least a 10 page argument on Micaiah being a Mary Sue so far this thread. Thankfully Serenes is civilised.

PEpYTNN.png

Ughhhhhhhhhh Part 3 Micaiah.

feDf4gU.png

The power of hive minds is working against us this chapter, it seems.

UGcXb4t.png

But we didn't use Sacrifice once ingame in Part 1. Only in cutscenes, and even then that was like twice.

eR8V8RP.png

Soren, have you seen her Defense?

NFcl0lJ.png

qeN4oCQ.png

Well, from Begnion's perspective, Daein are being destroyed either way.

6tEJgv1.png

And yet you said their commander was smart?

YzS3XhW.png

They may not have had either of these, but they had Beastfoe.

VzeozCV.png

Considering our force will be nearly entirely laguz anyway, that won't be a problem.

zEOTBbl.png

Of course it will, the story has to progress somehow. They make it seem all dramatic in stuff, but if they all died in this chapter or something there'd be nothing for the plot to go on. Anyway, pre-base plot done.

DdKCYuT.png

Lyre probably deserves it, have you seen her Strength growth? She's gained like, 2 points. Amazing.

B6VD4l6.png

I don't either.

yY8tkvq.png

Kyza, you're acting like an anime character. Stop it.

qqtwa8S.png

Huh, I didn't know the Fire Emblem franchise catered towards anime this early in the series.

arbPkvX.png

And here we have a useless skill which happens to share its icon with one of the best in Awakening.

RXH6tIA.png

jN2dkId.png

The Olivi Grass for sale goes to our friendly neighbourhood cats right here, who drastically need it considering the cat gauge is horrible.

joA4Afz.png

Paragon is taken off of Soren due to him not needing it anymore.

GlMIliT.png

Instead it goes to Ranulf, since he's currently the lowest level out of my units.

1AkuCtt.png

Mordecai gets a cool bexp level for skills purposes. He really needs Speed sometime soon...

FhMxMzM.png

I might end up regretting this later, but for now it lets him OHKO more, which is what we want considering his Speed.

b5GGgBQ.png

B5mtSWa.png

Lyre gets two bexp levels for capping purposes. These will probably be her last bexp levels for a while, as I want to abuse Blossom. Also, it's not shown here, but I bexp her to 28.99 so I can get a Blossom level straight away. The same applies to Ranulf, I think.

vYJGlwn.png

And by beorc, Sothe means just Ike.

32IUnUC.png

*silent reference to the image in my signature*

qUwOZ3P.png

sothe x ike otp

zGj509b.png

Sothe and Ranulf are in the same chapter, I feel like there's going to be a brains overload.

900PMFj.png

We shall.

nsz5qYb.png

Deployment. The usual are being taken, along with Reyson since I've figured he doesn't steal from any exp pools, and can recruit the two newcomers in this chapter.

vvN1N9G.png

The game gives us a small pep talk before the chapter.

idmRJaD.png

Volug is probably the most dangerous enemy we'll be facing this chapter if we head over to him, with untransformed Atk better than Lyre and Ranulf's transformed Atk. Oh, and Beastfoe means he basically oneshots everything, along with doubling all non-Lyre units and always hitting. We'll be avoiding him at all costs.

gRTS1oe.png

First things first our three laguz grass up.

3W1Gtle.png

Reyson does his thing for Lyre so she can transform Turn 2.

k1daCVl.png

How is it going to be tougher when you have around 10 times the amount of troops we do?

3zfkuSS.png

Lyre sadly isn't able to ORKO this Swordmaster. :(

e2T7Zdw.png

But she still gains a pretty amazing level from attacking it. I have high hopes for Lyre.

NqborTZ.png

Reyson gets out of enemy range and in to the starting area for hawk recruiting purposes.

btoFxrK.png

Oh, and Ranulf gets a kill untransformed. Paragon + untransformed leads to pretty insane exp growth by laguz standards.

uxOseRs.png

Ranulf, you're not making a good first impression.

0qy8yd7.png

Because he won the poll.

Dgv90yx.png

That makes no sense, especially considering Haar is a thing. Not complaining though, the Hawks are good units.

yWNjw4N.png

Not really, we have three other competent laguz units, and our panic button Soren.

DSoek2E.png

I decide to use Bliss for no real reason other than Reyson exp here.

eNL5Elh.png

Ulki is luckily able to ORKO these Dracoknights, which is cool.

EW8Zp1o.png

His exp gain is pretty pitiful, but at least his gauge is decent compared to the cats.

Mzc2ptc.png

rR4ldrQ.png

Might as well go over them now, these are the hawk's stats. Ulki is speedier, has better Avo and is more defensively balanced while Janaff is stronger, a level higher, a bit slower, has more Luck and leans towards Defense rather than Res. Usually I prefer Janaff due to his Strength, but Ulki won the poll in this case.

8ceKjau.png

Ranulf gets a cool 5~% crit on this Soldier.

Eu3TfZR.png

That's better!

3-7 Part 2:

Q4ngNRu.png

Ironically, Mordecai has the most trouble ORKOing out of all my units.

Zn1E9BE.png

Like, even Lyre is doing better.

iImxl5r.png

Soren fulfills his role of panic button to take out this guy. He won't be seeing much action from this chapter onwards, but he'll be used a lot more when our laguz start hitting Level 40.

L4oUhRh.png

Turn 3 formation.

m9Vi4Dr.png

Mordecai manages to kill this Dracoknight. Despite his capped Defense, he's still on low health due to getting doubled.

CDCftov.png

This mage could very easily kill Mordecai so he just one shots it before it can do anything.

yHg7Fcl.png

Ranulf goes paws-deep in to this pile of enemies.

rV9VfKQ.png

Lyre is cool.

Ac9AYlb.png

The crossbow guy picture diagonal of Ranulf can oneshot Ulki if his attack connects, so I make sure to keep him out of the way.

axOmWtX.png

Ranulf kills this guy on enemy phase, but most of the other enemies have ranged weapons.

VSejzxI.png

Might as well bring this up now, Ulki has this skill which helps tremendously with dodging. Janaff has a counterpart to that skill which gives him extra Hit, but Ulki gets 100 hit anyway so Ulki's skill is more useful.

ashDGcM.png

I originally did something else this turn, but Ranulf ended up dying so I had to switch my strategy a bit. Janaff heads forward a bit so Reyson can dance him.

BzCtqln.png

He then kills the Dracoknight that would otherwise kill Ranulf.

CJUs9Cq.png

Mordecai heals because he'll die otherwise.

cYmijCq.png

Turn 5 formation. Hoping to get some supports between our beast laguz.

mv28RcC.png

Two of the archers here get Ranulf's gauge from 0 to 30, which is convenient.

XuTZKtT.png

Ulki uses some grass ferried by Janaff from Mordecai, since Mordecai isn't really being used much more this chapter.

QlEPtuq.png

This is one of the reasons why. I reeaaaaaaaaally want him to get S Strike, but the enemies in this chapter are not good for that.

XUW0Xss.png

At least Reyson is a thing.

hmU6SaY.png

Ranulf takes a pretty big beating from all of these enemies, but then begins to destroy them once he transforms.

bQiEXGG.png

Mordecai's Adept always seems to activate on the second hit for some reason.

b4X7gQ5.png

Reyson's goal here is just to stay out of range.

nrZp4xW.png

Untransformed Mordecai actually 3HKOs which is cool, but gets doubled by everything ever.

GxBC6hw.png

Ulki fails to kill this enemy, so it'll end up going to Panic Button 2.0 aka Janaff. I'm not using him longterm, but he's still useful in this chapter.

I5kcdJ2.png

Ulki then heads to kill this Wind Mage so he can head closer to the Dawn Brigade.

FHnggka.png

Another day, another failed Ulki kill. :(

9Y46Wcz.png

Lyre can't even kill a Swordmaster. She desperately needs Strength, it's becoming a huge problem.

PFGzmpI.png

WTpocZh.png

She requires Reyson to kill anything not a mage.

dQQgKWh.png

Soren calls upon his Zeus powers.

VgPybhx.png

Mordecai Smites this dude for no real reason other than the animation looking cool.

uSrmQ85.png

Ranulf is still barely hanging on.

YhtGFEZ.png

Jill decides to commit suicide on Ulki.

y040d0K.png

He doesn't even one shot her. I'm disappointed, Ulki.

AqBXrEF.png

Was planning on feeding that kill to Lyre, but ok.

qxtZkGO.png

At this point I'm regretting forgetting to give Soren Heal staves.

uwyp3fz.png

Ulki lives to inevitably get one shot by a Crossbow user another day.

qrvI7HA.png

Oh, and Ranulf heals.

IqCNL9M.png

Turn 8 formation. Ulki is on the island with Nolan and Aran.

3ZyE9yq.png

For some reason, Aran thinks Ulki is stronger than Mordecai. Not sure why.

3GXhaKt.png

Ulki decides to end it all and dive headfirst in to Nolan's axe. R.I.P

WcjEofG.png

But then he accidentally kills Nolan and is left wondering how.

z7YzDAA.png

ZEUS POWERS

aKfz9h4.png

Transformed Reyson has arrived!

eMhAWIW.png

Ulki waits on the island here, so he can prepare for killing some of the Dawn Brigade down below. Thankfully due to Canto he doesn't really face any real threat.

NFcQZmL.png

Mordecai seems to love OHKOing out of nowhere every time I want him to feed something to Lyre.

nrKG83x.png

Lyre please. :(

rxPGv5l.png

Turn 9 formation.

Dg9dm7g.png

Mordecai ends up taking a ridiculous amount of damage to this Fire Sage.

eBjwYEp.png

Is this... character development? In FE10?

9Lfzr3c.png

Lyre decides that character development is a horrible concept and oneshots Zihark with a crit.

UzuCsTL.png

It's not exactly foggy, I'm sure you've been able to see them from the start of the match.

GvfBC6m.png

Ulki gets in position for Fiona killing.

iEZ6vdF.png

Once the enemies on Zihark's island are down this chapter is basically done.

zqtArB9.png

Soren is being used as a panic button way too much this chapter.

eYtgIvO.png

The main important thing here is Soren being danced, since otherwise nobody can kill the Dracoknight to the Dracoright.

VbAGE56.png

I love getting screenshots on the best frames to do so.

0mH0bmH.png

AND LYRE FINALLY HAS KILLING POWER!

OAotxeV.png

It's glorious...

61T5oF5.png

Reyson dances these three with this fancy setup I did, Ike is there for grass trading purposes.

laWlUwi.png

o3LLqe4.png

And Fiona is one shot by Ulki. Sadly due to the turn limit Fiona is the only DB unit over here I end up killing, but it's still cool.

RckZIku.png

Everybody here just runs away this turn since it's the final turn and most people are untransformed.

ETVwtVv.png

Ulki could kill Micaiah, but would get destroyed afterwards by Volug and the Black Knight.

JVB0QoJ.png

Reyson gains Strength for reasons I fail to comprehend.

EG1zB83.png

And the chapter is finally over!

i5HGeCs.png

Dude, we have birds.

EbKMYTr.png

Sothe figures this out before Micaiah, who's meant to be the general of this army.

nYSxJhA.png

FXSpm9E.png

And yet there isn't a single person in the background of this image.

tSqL6YC.png

She tried though. She gets points for that.

EZzvkUj.png

Lekain here with no chill at all.

wu8uryc.png

GvbUw6O.png

Lekain does not like this offer and decides to just teleport away because of it.

NFzRcjB.png

If Pelleas had listened here, he would have saved so much from happening.

bsfQtM1.png

Because that's believable. About as believable as Cloud being announced for Smash Bros.

Oh, wait.

Sorry these chapters lately have been repetitive and long, when we get around to late Part 3/Part 4 things should get more interesting.

Edited by Vapo

Did you manage to fulfill the conditions for Sephiran's recruitment?

I ended up not bothering since when I switched platforms to do this playthrough on between 2-3 and 2-E I didn't have a Clear 1 save file for Lehran recruiting and it would take too long to get one in time for regular playthrough updating.

Damn this is a fun playthrough to read.

Thank you!

As for the weeks wait... I don't really have an excuse other than 3-8 being my least favourite chapter in the game. Woops, sorry. Without further ado:

fsten53.png

NGqdJ81.png

Can someone tell them to avoid the Zihark vs Mia threads while they're traversing through here?

i8NZTCi.png

Fuuunnnn.

pUN4NT0.png

How can Janaff even see them clearly through all those branches?

pvyiFYw.png

It's never explained how they do, but my personal theory is warp powder.

qbqRYiO.png

You have hawks. Just like, fly on top of the trees or something.

ZIeT46y.png

Referring to the Kauku Caves. Even if the Begnion army did arrive in Gallia, they could probably take them. Have you seen Cain's stats?

I05yxJf.png

As shown by the Serenes Forest rules:

qoVE4y0.png

That rule never does seem to be in effect whenever Mia vs Zihark is involved, though...

I4tvrPL.png

Despite this, the 3-8 map has nothing resembling a maze at all. Huh.

aJy0D0k.png

This conversation so far has been, what, 2 minutes? They can't be that fast.

Z24sS1X.png

Please no. Can we just fly up on top of the trees and fight up there?

s0kQvIF.png

CAN'T LET YOU DO THAT, STAR FOX ZELGIUS

69ImqGS.png

Out of the 7 billion people on this planet, I don't think a single person laughs even similar to that.

JcfvMiN.png

ZIfw9sO.png

That's murder.

YkWaOuA.png

He could very easily one-shot you. I don't think being killed by you is that much of an issue for him.

9u9EYw7.png

Anyway, base convos. Conveniently none of those laguz who can't transform are part of our team, or have names.

BVaOabP.png

Could two laguz even fit on Skrimir's back?

ULUgqFi.png

e9PVN1W.png

Not in that image of you, no.

Ml4f25i.png

LOL

Third best line in the game here in my opinion. (For reference, #1 is the one in my sig and #2 is the Gatrie hitting on a tree line.)

omHEJQi.png

Oh cool, I forgot about this cutscene. More Lyre screentime!

eWjenXV.png

As evidenced by her base Strength.

NUpSUln.png

Lyre...

Nl6FyN9.png

I wonder why.

YvkvVJu.png

Usually I give this to Mia but since I'm not using her I don't think I'll be using it much.

C4yDNTi.png

And for our reward we get a beautiful +30 Avo. Nice.

ANZSeGR.png

These two will be supporting for no real reason.

A5gbz7d.png

Soren takes a Heal staff since I forgot to give it to him last chapter.

vWAeLgl.png

Mordecai's skills change a bit. Wildheart will be more useful than I previously anticipated, since he doesn't exactly lack Defense.

X5t6gui.png

QgkvgBW.png

msuQISS.png

IUrE3Vi.png

WuBTRf9.png

eSkjgHj.png

Mordecai gets a bexp dump. He's now able to cap everything (provided he procs Res on every level) important, which is exactly what I want.

NpDcSfD.png

Ranulf and Lyre get Grass and are bexp'd to .99 as usual.

SzbIDsY.png

I know that feeling, Septimus.

iVDQZET.png

I see neither smoke nor heat.

GETpkzA.png

Let's go!

eDlyzhr.png

Deployment. This will be our main team from now on and for the rest of Part 3 (at least for the GM chapters).

t5Se2tQ.png

First of all, Soren heads in to a pile of Generals with his staff equipped. I'd like him to be able to use staffs at least to the level of Physics.

pGOpCcS.png

Mordecai procs Roar on this Swordmaster and utterly destroys it. (dont be fooled by the picture)

lTrLVuq.png

In the corner here we have a nifty little grass dealing circle. I want everyone transformed by the start of Turn 3.

qXR7B4M.png

Despite doing no damage to these guys, Soren's staff rank raises dramatically with each hit.

LIVrrBR.png

Another Swordmaster heads over to Mordecai and attempts to commit suicide on him.

B3Xy9Fd.png

But then the exp is stolen by the meteors. :(

tllnPcu.png

This Staff rank is after only two hits. Yeah, it's broken. I love it.

DelUDPF.png

Mordecai! :D

5iH31VW.png

Reyson steals Ulki's grass so I can get all the laguz attacking Turn 3.

eaShnuu.png

I'd love to see a playthrough consisting entirely of staff prodding, but that would be impossible due to ranged enemies. :(

SQ8g5oC.png

Nice!

9lGTehS.png

You had one job, Mordecai.

iJSAQqe.png

That's better!

fP9G8fA.png

Revenge.

oMtuzuU.png

Reyson's 4-person dance allows the laguz to take care of these generals the turn they transform.

jMFKBG9.png

Ulki ORKO's this Soldier and this purple star appears for some reason.

LYaF3MQ.png

Lyre gets an amazing level up!

021lZS2.png

And Ranulf gets an okay one. He needs to start gaining Strength sometime soon...

sPa8zE8.png

Staff rank grinding.

deX6AiV.png

Thankfully base Reyson is able to dodge this General here. If he hadn't I think he would have survived anyway, but I don't like him being in one shot range..

6k0A3KZ.png

Ranulf finishes off the remaining general.

u3idCI9.png

And gets S Strike! He can now reliably one round pretty much all non-boss enemies.

5UNsTcY.png

I'm kind of feeding Ulki kills here since I want his strike rank to go up asap, so he can start ORKOing.

DcAt4Hk.png

Turn 4 formation. Mordecai is tanking the right side for strike rank purposes. Due to him being halfshifted, I can untransform+transform every turn to refill his gauge.

CeHNslH.png

Anna has arrived!

Uwv4Nsp.png

Mordecai luckily hasn't taken any damage yet, which is good since these mages do 20~ damage.

Y9gYSYY.png

Awesome! Mordecai can now one shot mages and almost one shot everything else.

EjJUsZr.png

Can we just rename this chapter to "Ulki creates a load of purple stars"?

XzScKlV.png

Bows of any sort are free money, since there isn't a single branded archer.

Pu62mSh.png

Reyson does his thing.

FleW68E.png

QQBNnem.png

Our friendly neighbourhood beast laguz get revenge on Fire Sages for years of torment.

laYmGQo.png

So close, yet so far away. ;-;

3bGG7mi.png

Turn 6 formation. Ulki finished off the soldier and canto'd to a safe place, while Ranulf got rid of a general.

oWGXrFb.png

It's beautiful. <33

nBUsLRM.png

K2TTlkB.png

Ulki and Ranulf take care of these guys. At this point everyone's gauge is pretty low.

IQrv86D.png

Reyson is untransformed now, so we have to keep him out of range. Ulki doesn't quite kill this general, but he's standing on a lava tile so he'll die anyway.

EYZe9ZD.png

But who cares about that, I want strike rank!

oSRURQ6.png

Soren heals... someone and gets to C Staffs, allowing him to use Physics iirc.

lCb1Wxg.png

Our beast laguz at this point are clearing out the last enemies not in the corner of the map by the boss.

eRyJxtb.png

Soren can't counter-attack these mages for staff exp, but at least he can distract them from untransformed Ulki in the corner there.

SnQEiiI.png

This general was being annoying and healing after every hit, so this Adept proc saved a ton of time for Mordecai.

kTGID1C.png

This is my last use of Olivi Grass I believe. Not sure what I'm going to end up doing without it in the future. D=

Hdbd5aa.png

Ranulf, that's Lyre's thing. Stop stealing it.

31DYwA9.png

The transformation gauge is running low. ;-;

PR4gMAW.png

Ulki kill feeding continues.

vKNL5Kb.png

Mordecai shows his chest hair to all these soldiers and they drop dead. That's it, guys. Chapter over.

3-8 Part 2:

Hsc68Dm.png

Apparently the grass from earlier wasn't our last one. This one is.

gZ4gsnD.png

Halfshifted Mordecai can survive pretty easily here.

89pcEfg.png

He can also one shot them. I can't remember if this is Roar/a crit (it probably is), but it's still great damage output regardless.

UxnDxAd.png

This is the only real obstacle for Mordecai. Also, dark magic looks awesome. As usual.

64XxKJb.png

Ulki heads in to get a kill and ends up critting. Cool.

3WIZ4Ve.png

Awesome! Everybody is S strike now.

BjsRadt.png

Lyre can ORKO! :D

cWmU9j7.png

Soren gets an awesome level up. He should be able to cap everything.

xPEkv29.png

Reyson sings for Mordecai so he can finish off that general.

IH1DNuk.png

Ulki then kills the final general. Just the boss left!

bSrW2eJ.png

Ulki, you're not making a good first impression...

vCcdQVp.png

You're only noticing this now? Your whole army died and you didn't say a word about them.

7T981L2.png

Ranulf gets a nice level from doing half of his health.

LanBh35.png

And then kills the boss for another cool level. Paragon + Easy Mode is awesome.

KqgVvws.png

Finally!

dLRHcDc.png

Seeing as you're running for your life, I don't think resting is a good idea.

kV7a15m.png

4tYexbK.png

Tibarn seems to be taking over for Ranulf's role this chapter.

r7Ljc6F.png

Oh hey, it's Deghinsea! He'll be fun to fight when we get to him.

IddVgXw.png

gRViVES.png

Skrimir, do you realise the stats that this guy has?

plqCpR7.png

That meme is so old, Deghinsea. Get with the times and start referencing 3-13 Archer.

c7kFuiw.png

Oh, and the tide dragons appear because...plot.

Edited by Vapo

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody? D=

3-9:

oQbvcbJ.png

f6ctY8b.png

Also known as the only dragons with useful tides.

MXiC7yJ.png

Crimea! You know what this means...

uh95bnw.png

Elincia and friends return! ...for 1 chapter.

s8qgRkD.png

This chapter is pretty much filler in the story, but I don't mind it since you get a ton of bexp in this chapter.

Kk0NjtP.png

That's just Begnion being Begnion.

NNAfZAv.png

That they suck?

DCvGevT.png

"Strong-arm" ???

eVcw1fb.png

9hZXA3U.png

Horrible stuff generally ends up happening in Begnion in this game, get used to it Lucia.

TeHf0Z9.png

Sub laguz? Are those halfshifted laguz? Can beorc even tell when a laguz is halfshifted? The world may never know.

BcutFKw.png

Hey, Mordecai!

MwcsZop.png

Considering Makalov's track history with gambling, I don't know why he even bothers.

Sz0XxbF.png

I very much doubt Makalov could do that.

imNHEhe.png

If Amy wasn't five years old and was a playable unit we'd be able to use her, due to her being branded. But her whole Branded thing ends up being kinda irrevelant in this game.

Z8gGFqo.png

Mentally prepare yourself for Marcia's vocabulary.

561VSBb.png

Fire Emblem technology advancement confuses me.

xUPiDmc.png

Hey, it's Astrid! Last time we saw her she was promoting to third tier after just on chapter of use.

HlaJgvN.png

Follow your dreams, Astrid. Follow your dreams.

wBDnzY3.png

Actually, we'll end up using it right after this. Sorry Elincia.

CiSLwG7.png

...that seems pretty clingy.

HtoK2sI.png

I have someone in mind for this.

HDP97cs.png

Lucia, calm down, Geoffrey can oneshot 90% of the units in this chapter.

armPb3T.png

That's like, 6 Olivi Grass. Cool.

5nyN3uO.png

Oh, yeah. In the re-run for better screenshots Astrid was not taken to 3rd tier in 2-3 and I just did the chapter normally because I completely forgot about 3-9. Woops.

T6opAUA.png

I'll find use for this someday. Probably for Muarim.

pHejlCQ.png

This is important, since if Geoffrey keeps this we can't get it back until 4-5.

Rsf120a.png

The man with the strength of ten men hits level ten. It's a horrrible level, but just disregard that for a second.

0oE0jMt.png

Danved decides to quit fighting and join his friendly neighbourhood disco.

wRsJlEx.png

We'll be seeing third tier Danved this chapter since I've never actually used him in any playthroughs before this and the Sentinel sprite looks cool.

vLyNFA1.png

Meteor preservation for... sometime in the future.

C3gYxNT.png

I sell Gamble because it sucks.

2iW8JmV.png

You go, random villagers!

s19Ekya.png

I assume he can tell that by the overwhelming presence of unnatural hair colours.

xyaLkig.png

Can we just take a moment to talk about how the terrain in the background here looks nothing like the terrain of the chapter?

nzoOpFn.png

Deploying everyone this chapter because nobody fits the criteria for this playthrough.

m7386R9.png

Marcia's job will be house extinguishing up above, thanks to her flight.

E94GTpm.png

Astrid, you never fail to amaze me at how unamazing you are.

Yjpp8rI.png

That's pretty broken for a unit who's only levelled up once.

D6DfmYO.png

Kieran can't one round these promoted enemies, but he can try. Don't worry, Kieran. I believe in you.

vqsHHUR.png

Allied AI is on Roam because the Bishop in this chapter has saved my life in playthroughs numerous times.

5rz0zmC.png

He decides to demonstrate this immediately by healing Marcia.

GUBRr99.png

I've been trying to figure out how this is classified as betrayal for 10 minutes now, and have come up with nothing.

Ixr79wt.png

Marcia gets an okay level up, I guess.

F2mJtYE.png

Kieran, you're taunting me.

Q8Ze5JK.png

Makalov extinguishes the first house. All these burning houses do is supply you with bexp for extinguishing them, and they don't affect the plot in any way, but I don't mind the free bexp.

hfvYM76.png

Danved somehow fails to crit twice with his 40~% chance.

DqVtN07.png

Obligatory Astrid action to make up for her being 2nd tier again.

HdpFv4y.png

It's Strength, I guess.

JRoRF97.png

For some reason this Halberdier is prioritising Marcia over the houses. Marcia can beat him though.

s6O5vKD.png

If not for the other allies getting in the way, the Bishop would have been killed by the Swordmaster there, but luckily 3-9 Bishop will live on to die another day.

fZd3dCe.png

I don't even think I looked at the hit rate here, but it was probably something low considering Kieran's hit rate.

n8rI7re.png

For some reason it's Turn 3 and the enemies haven't gone for any houses but the one Makalov extinguished. Are they developing brains?

O7vg2q7.png

Danved redeems himself. Kind of.

jaOFSaj.png

I'd love it if there as an effect added to this game called "distraction" which prevents enemies from attacking for a turn after being near one of these awesome magic animations.

7kJopbO.png

Nice!

3ILlef3.png

This will probably be important.

I66rg5W.png

Thankfully the Bishop prevents Marcia from being able to be killed by those two generals near here.

TrqGfLz.png

Geoffrey is taking this chokepoint because he's the only character capable of doing decent damage.

DjG1FBk.png

BZkErc1.png

Yeh, I'm understanding right now why people call this group the Crimean Royal Fails.

xjQcBvi.png

You tried, Astrid. You tried.

OoEIbLl.png

Why isn't 3-9 Bishop acknowledged as much as 3-13 Archer?

chC7nrW.png

Ah. That's why.

MPTslct.png

Marcia seems to love gaining magic this chapter, for some reason.

NZViIjz.png

Danved's role right now is just to crit everything and stay alive.

UG8ZHVk.png

So both of Danved's levels in this playthrough ended up being the exact same. Huh.

AHPvHGM.png

R.I.P :(

EWMVrRE.png

I'm not sure if you still get the exp for non-burnt villages, but I don't want to risk it, so these next couple of turns will be getting these enemies to burn everything down.

4zE6ZY1.png

Kieran continues to get good level ups in this chapter.

d9katsN.png

There's been a behind the scenes fight going on betwen these two for a couple of turns, but the winner is pretty obvious with that Bishop at the top there. Place your bets regardless though.

LKS7x2Q.png

I manage to get another village burnt and extinguished for bexp purposes. Now for the other 4...

bHgsGsM.png

There's an item on the tile behind the boss, so Marcia will be attempting to get it while the enemies burn everything.

EKhJaNF.png

If you betted the AI Paladin, you're correct! You win a mild feeling of pride.

8Y6tuUe.png

This is entirely from attacking the boss while aiming for the hidden treasure.

AdYaoSL.png

This is my current setup. Marcia is treasure hunting, Geoffrey is extinguishing the houses, Kieran is keeping enemies from going up and Danved is ready to bosskill.

8TYPGYL.png

Oh cool, usless rank upgrades.

vL14TDN.png

Accompanied by useless Calill levels.

Qi6E67A.png

R.I.P 3-9 Bishop. :( You healed valiantly.

SmGUMWJ.png

We got all villages! Time to rake in the bexp.

0rq5uKo.png

This'll be helpful for bexping for stat caps later on.

ddyDjic.png

And yet I still can't see how.

23hPFIb.png

Danved finishes the boss off for the last CRK action we'll ever see in this playthrough.

JxCWGYE.png

Woops, forgot about this level up.

ZJtNzTQ.png

-Lucia's entire personality

krpo6QY.png

-the entire FE10 plot

Yb53xc4.png

So do the people playing this game, Valtome sucks.

BEo5CWe.png

Were you even there during FE9?

T0Fr81R.png

Queens committing treason. Because..logic!

HIZLgkD.png

It's generally not a good idea to threaten royalty like that, Valtome.

ShKH64A.png

Oh yeah, the character only introduced due to story significance in this game.

nMTJzLo.png

And we'll be back to laguz.

Next time: dealing with our major Grass shortage and the idiotic CRK AI.