Fuuga Is Nearly Broken

So I was looking through the SerenesForest archives on Fire Emblem Fates, and I found Fuuga, who calls himself the "Champion of the Wind Tribe". I as well found his reclassment options in the Invisible Kingdom play, since that's the only route he's playable in that one. He has Samurai, Oni Savage, and Priest. Oni Savage and Priest in conjunction make him pretty damn broken. As a unit himself, he can use a Parallel Seal to access "Shura" and "Mountain Priest".

The Shura Class, gets the Counter skill (for those who are not familiar, Counter rebuts all non-magical sword, non-magical lance, non-magical axe damage. Was a very worthy skill to grab in Fire Emblem Awakening.), and The Mountain Priest Class gets the Magic Counter skill (Magic Counter is basically what Counter doesn't have, it rebuts magical sword, magical axe, magical lance, and straight up magic, but in return, doesn't rebut what the regular Counter rebuts.)

He can obtain both of these skills. Which means he becomes pretty broken. He'll be able to rebut nearly every form of damage that comes his way, in which only Bows, Throwing Swords, and Throwing Lances can get through. So I'm definitely putting this guy on my competitive team, since the Avatars have been severely nerfed in Fates - I feel like regular characters are actually usable still outside of the main game.

I'm equipping Fuuga with these skills:
Vantage - Samurai Level 10
Astra - Trueblade Level 5
Counter - Shura Level 15
Magic Counter - Mountain Priest/War Priestess Level 5
Ogre Strike - Shura Level 5 OR Line of Death - Weapon Master Level 15.

I'll also be keeping a lot of the characters their canon classes as their final class, so Fuuga will still end in a Weapon Master.

Counter counters direct attacks, regardless of if the attack is physical or magical. Magic Counter counters all magical attacks, regardless of distance. Which means units with both can still be defeated with regular bows.

if this is against AI, then Counter isn't too useful. extra dmg is nice, sure, but you're better off with other options. you still can't tank more than 2 hits plus enemies are expendable. if Fuuga's to be an AI against human player (Awakening Streetpass team style), Bows are easy answer. and Fuuga's still a single unit so while it'll hurt, they'll still kill Fuuga off easy. even if Human vs Human (that's in Fates, right?), it's basically the same

Counter counters direct attacks, regardless of if the attack is physical or magical. Magic Counter counters all magical attacks, regardless of distance. Which means units with both can still be defeated with regular bows.

So basically with both skills, Fuuga is still a broken unit? I wasn't really looking for explanation - but thanks for the clarification friend.

if this is against AI, then Counter isn't too useful. extra dmg is nice, sure, but you're better off with other options. you still can't tank more than 2 hits plus enemies are expendable. if Fuuga's to be an AI against human player (Awakening Streetpass team style), Bows are easy answer. and Fuuga's still a single unit so while it'll hurt, they'll still kill Fuuga off easy. even if Human vs Human (that's in Fates, right?), it's basically the same

I was planning to use my competitive team in the PvP play. I've so far decided to use my Avatar, Kaze and/or Saizou (considering they have the exact same skills for my set up.), Fuuga, and then I haven't decided my other two. I'll also be using a healer alongside taking advantage of the Staff option w/ White Blood, which will be my Avatar's final class.

Edited by PokemonTrainer77

I was planning to use my competitive team in the PvP play. I've so far decided to use my Avatar, Kaze and/or Saizou (considering they have the exact same skills for my set up.), Fuuga, and then I haven't decided my other two. I'll also be using a healer alongside taking advantage of the Staff option w/ White Blood, which will be my Avatar's final class.

So... Counter + Magic Counter isn't insanely broken, as it only activates if the opponent attacks you. So it's useless on the player phase, and on the opponent's phase, they can just ignore that unit. I'm not saying it isn't good, but it isn't quite as broken with the changes to Counters and accounting for human opponents.

So basically with both skills, Fuuga is still a broken unit? I wasn't really looking for explanation - but thanks for the clarification friend.

Basically, with both skills, Fuuga still dies in 2-3 hits.

So... Counter + Magic Counter isn't insanely broken, as it only activates if the opponent attacks you. So it's useless on the player phase, and on the opponent's phase, they can just ignore that unit. I'm not saying it isn't good, but it isn't quite as broken with the changes to Counters and accounting for human opponents.

I guess you're right, but since Counter was able to be on nearly every single Avatar in Awakening, (I saw a guy who had all male avatars. dread fighters and war monks, stacked with Vantage, Aegis, Renewal, Limit Breaker, and Counter, all with their asset set to be skill so that Aegis would nearly always activate), I just thought it'd be cool to have a semi-broken unit in my Invisible Kingdom competitive. I also planned into adding a character with extremely high defense to be his support unit, for the boost in defense.

He could be broken...if his growths weren't so awful.

His base growths are:

20 / 20 / 0 / 15 / 5 / 20 / 10 / 10

And, from what I can tell, the only classes that ANY of his stat growths reach 45 in are:

Luck in Lodestar

Strength in Ballistician

Otherwise, the highest any of his growths seem to ever go is 40. Which ,TBH, kinda sucks.

Tl;dr --- IMO, unless you're willing to put a lot of effort into training him he probably isn't worth your time. I, personally, really wouldn't bother with him when there are so many better options--especially on IK.

He could be broken...if his growths weren't so awful.

His base growths are:

20 / 20 / 0 / 15 / 5 / 20 / 10 / 10

And, from what I can tell, the only classes that ANY of his stat growths reach 45 in are:

Luck in Lodestar

Strength in Ballistician

Otherwise, the highest any of his growths seem to ever go is 40. Which ,TBH, kinda sucks.

Tl;dr --- IMO, unless you're willing to put a lot of effort into training him he probably isn't worth your time. I, personally, really wouldn't bother with him when there are so many better options--especially on IK.

Damn, alright. I guess they had to balance him out somehow. By the way - I did create a possible skill list for every IK character (excluding Amiibo and Capture/Restraint Bosses and Marriage Classes and most A+ Rank Support Classes), and if anyone wants to judge it (with no holds barred, if I may request), I'd just need their gmail if they have one so they can see the Google Drive Document.

Any ranged physical weapon works, not just bows. There are plenty of ways to get through it.

Class selection isn't a big deal, anyway. You can get those same skills on plenty of other characters with as much trouble or less.

Any ranged physical weapon works, not just bows. There are plenty of ways to get through it.

Class selection isn't a big deal, anyway. You can get those same skills on plenty of other characters with as much trouble or less.

If that's so, can you help design a skill set for all 45 first generation characters. I want to be able to have all of my units be their best possible so I can mix up who I play with every once in a while and not get as bored with Awakening play as I had. I want to be able to use a variety of characters whenever possible and use different selection processes for each battle I do.

Damn, alright. I guess they had to balance him out somehow. By the way - I did create a possible skill list for every IK character (excluding Amiibo and Capture/Restraint Bosses and Marriage Classes and most A+ Rank Support Classes), and if anyone wants to judge it (with no holds barred, if I may request), I'd just need their gmail if they have one so they can see the Google Drive Document.

Why not just post the link here, and set the security rights to Anyone Can View

No.

You need to click the blue Share button

c0ef41c850.png

Click the "Get Sharable Link" button

0f14351edf.png

Then, change the DropDown to anyone can view

d8d91a2947.png

Click Done, then you're good to go

Looks good.

Might wanna add some Bold'ing or something, it's a pretty bland read and runs together page after page.

Avatar – Joseph (Asset – Strength, Flaw – Luck)

Class: Nohr Prince, Ninja

Final Class: White Blood

Skills: Hoshido, Breaking Sky, Swordfaire, Aggressor, Astra

Required A-Rank Supports: Ryoma/Hana/Hinata, Oboro

Class Changes: Basara (Lv. 5), Trueblade (Assigned Levels), Dread Fighter (Lv. 40), White Blood (Lv. 15+)

Gunter

Class: Cavalier, Wyvern Rider, Mercenary

Final Class: Great Knight

Skills: Aegis, Luna, Diamond Strike, Overbearing, Kunai-breaker

Class Changes: Great Knight (Assigned Levels), Paladin (Lv. 15), Revenant Knight (Lv. 15), Hero (Lv. 15)

Felicia

Class: Rod Knight, Mercenary, Samurai

Final Class: Maid

Skills: Servant’s Joy, Battle Command, Sol, Astra, Line of Death

Required A+ Rank Support: Hana

Class Changes: Maid (Lv. 5), Strategist (Lv. 15), Hero (Lv. 5), Trueblade (Lv. 5), Weapon Master (Lv. 15)

*personal opinion

IMO, unless you're willing to put a lot of effort into training him he probably isn't worth your time. I, personally, really wouldn't bother with him when there are so many better options-

I would maybe spend that extra time for training, if I found him more attractive. (sorry not sorry)

Looks good.

Might wanna add some Bold'ing or something, it's a pretty bland read and runs together page after page.

Avatar – Joseph (Asset – Strength, Flaw – Luck)

Class: Nohr Prince, Ninja

Final Class: White Blood

Skills: Hoshido, Breaking Sky, Swordfaire, Aggressor, Astra

Required A-Rank Supports: Ryoma/Hana/Hinata, Oboro

Class Changes: Basara (Lv. 5), Trueblade (Assigned Levels), Dread Fighter (Lv. 40), White Blood (Lv. 15+)

Gunter

Class: Cavalier, Wyvern Rider, Mercenary

Final Class: Great Knight

Skills: Aegis, Luna, Diamond Strike, Overbearing, Kunai-breaker

Class Changes: Great Knight (Assigned Levels), Paladin (Lv. 15), Revenant Knight (Lv. 15), Hero (Lv. 15)

Felicia

Class: Rod Knight, Mercenary, Samurai

Final Class: Maid

Skills: Servant’s Joy, Battle Command, Sol, Astra, Line of Death

Required A+ Rank Support: Hana

Class Changes: Maid (Lv. 5), Strategist (Lv. 15), Hero (Lv. 5), Trueblade (Lv. 5), Weapon Master (Lv. 15)

*personal opinion

I take that into account and make that change. Is there anything else you suggest, because I want to make this list as good as possible including ideal spouses, ideal A+s, etc. I just need a full list of who can A+ who, and not a Google Doc Chart, cause I'm crap at reading those.

If that's so, can you help design a skill set for all 45 first generation characters. I want to be able to have all of my units be their best possible so I can mix up who I play with every once in a while and not get as bored with Awakening play as I had. I want to be able to use a variety of characters whenever possible and use different selection processes for each battle I do.

No, I neither know much about optimizing characters nor particularly care. I see no reason to cut down on variety by removing cool unoptimal setups.

I'd suggest you try and come up with a strategy for your teambbefore deciding on classes and skills. Considering all characters can get most skills, your best bet, competitively speaking, is going to fall to the second generation. Though, to be fair, personal skills should also be considered. As a final not, you seem to have no appreciation for defensive units. You should change that. Also make sure you decide what equipment each character will have, as that plays just as big a role. As a piece of advice, maybe look to have your healer be a rallybot as well, to give yourself the edge.

I'd suggest you try and come up with a strategy for your teambbefore deciding on classes and skills. Considering all characters can get most skills, your best bet, competitively speaking, is going to fall to the second generation. Though, to be fair, personal skills should also be considered. As a final not, you seem to have no appreciation for defensive units. You should change that. Also make sure you decide what equipment each character will have, as that plays just as big a role. As a piece of advice, maybe look to have your healer be a rallybot as well, to give yourself the edge.

Thanks for the suggestion, I'm just pre-planning halfway right now, but I'll be giving the rest of the document it's flesh when I actually have the game and am experimenting with what I can do.