Difficulty Levels

M'Goltan

Between the two games, how do their difficulty modes compare? And where do Awakening's fit in? Like, I'm assuming it's something like this, but can someone who's played give me a rough idea from what they know/have experienced?

Awakening Normal

Hoshido Normal

Awakening Hard

Nohr Normal

Hoshido Hard

Nohr Hard

Hoshido Lunatic

Awakening Lunatic

Nohr Lunatic

^That's what I would assume from what I've heard, but can anyone confirm?

Difficulty is subjective to a certain extent, and it also depends on..some other factors, but oh well

Also this must be like the 5th or 10th thread but whatever

(Easy)

Awakening Normal

Awakening Hard

Hoshido Normal

Invisible Kingdom Normal

Nohr Normal

Hoshido Hard

Invisible Kingdom Hard

Nohr Hard

Hoshido Lunatic

Invisible Kingdom Lunatic

Nohr Lunatic

Awakening Lunatic

Awakening Lunatic Plus

(Hard)

.....It's hard to clear cut say it anyway

Actually I would say Hoshido Lunatic is harder then FEA Lunatic considering later in Hoshido enemies get quite strong and it does not help Hoshido is mainly comprised of glass canons.

Well, there's no real way to judge the entire gameplay of 20+ chapters.

For example, you could have an easy prologue and a hard endgame, or a hard prologue and an easy endgame, and you can't clearly say which one is more difficult at times.

Edited by CocoaGalaxy

A lot of people find Awakening Lunatic relatively easy- though it's very much of a knowledge thing of being careful the first few chapters followed by an Avatar stomp (probably with Nosferatu). I imagine it'd be difficult playing blind.

Nohr is about a whole difficulty level ahead of Hoshido, with Invisible Kingdom somewhere between.

It doesn't seem like any difficulty level starts off with the sort of ridiculous start Awakening Lunatic is known for, but the Fates Lunatic modes seem to retain their difficulty better later on.

A lot of people find Awakening Lunatic relatively easy- though it's very much of a knowledge thing of being careful the first few chapters followed by an Avatar stomp (probably with Nosferatu). I imagine it'd be difficult playing blind.

That has always been a bit dubious to me, I think the same players would find a non-blind playhtrough incredibly tough if they weren't funelling EXP into Robin or didn't have coaching through the first couple chapters with the strategies and tricks created by other players than themselves.

I don't think players would do an Avatar stomp if the mode was actually easy. Especially since the idea the mode is "balanced around grinding" also exists.

Edited by arvilino