Question for the Admins

Alex95

People remember every mistake you've ever made, but they'll never remember anything positive you've done.

I'm not sure this is necessarily true. A fair number of people fondly remember the time I banned those 60+ alts made by SOMEONE WHO SHALL NOT BE NAMED, but nobody seems to care that I stopped doing anything of value some time ago. Maybe I'm just lucky in that regard.

starman is the worst moderator ever, only got promoted cause of nepotism

the worst

miss u.... </3

This man knows the truth.

miss u 2 bby

Edited by Starman

it should also be noted, though, that they are held to higher standards. their mistakes matter more and therefore are held to higher levels of scrutiny and criticism. it's part of the job in being in a leadership role and having power over others.

It's a great sentiment to have. . .until you're on the other end of it. On the other hand, people who do not shut up about mod mistakes probably shouldn't be in a position of leadership anyway.

That's why it looks like I'm "slow" on certain decisions. In reality, I've probably asked for other opinions.

It's a great sentiment to have. . .until you're on the other end of it. On the other hand, people who do not shut up about mod mistakes probably shouldn't be in a position of leadership anyway.

That's why it looks like I'm "slow" on certain decisions. In reality, I've probably asked for other opinions.

If I was a mod, I'd fix or correct the mistake if needed. If I notice a mistake, I point it out, of course, but I wouldn't keep bugging them about it. I've made tons of mistakes in my life (as I'm sure the rest of you have), so I usually don't hold anyone to theirs.

I'm a little slow too...

Edited by Power Master

I'm not sure this is necessarily true. A fair number of people fondly remember the time I banned those 60+ alts made by SOMEONE WHO SHALL NOT BE NAMED, but nobody seems to care that I stopped doing anything of value some time ago. Maybe I'm just lucky in that regard.

Hello fellow human self

I just can't look at purple text the same way again, sleep well, you insane nut-job from outer space.

i'm unsure what you mean by this. are you saying you previously agreed with my position, but now feel otherwise? that'd be shocking, if true.

i'm unsure what you mean by this. are you saying you previously agreed with my position, but now feel otherwise? that'd be shocking, if true.

Not necessarily.

I do agree that leaders should be an example to everyone. Thus, extra scrutiny is to be expected. However, I see people using this as an excuse to be a dick ("hey remember XYZ mistake? Yeah, you're bad because of it"), and that is NOT okay.

agreed. i didn't mean to imply the user base itself should be free of criticism or that sometimes specific users should be ignored (or worse). i didn't like the tone prior to my initial post. (which, on my end, read like, "yeah being in a leadership position is tough people shouldn't be so hard on us." and i basically responded with, as the saying goes, 'if you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen.')

Edited by Phoenix Wright