What if FE: Elibe gets a remake?

Jayvee94

I always felt Eliwood should have come in at like the final chapters of 6, like healed and willing to help Roy win the day with like god mode Paladin stats.

Maybe they would replace Karel with an older Lyn?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ninian will pass on a dragon related skill.

Lyndis will pass on her blade to one of her children in the end game.

If branch promotion returns, it is nice to give Lilina Mage Knight Anima-Sword class. So Lyn!Lilina may use Sol Katti. Provided it would give her enormous critical hit rate.

^I believe you accidentally double posted.

While I would rather not have skills be added in the remake because I don't like skills, the thought of Roy having the Mani Katti instead of a Rapier if Eliwood is paired with Lyn is just sweet so long as your not required to preserve it till very late game for the best ending

Say Roy was to also inherit a crit bonus from Lyn, and I feel someone other than me would actually find Roy useful. He's not as bad as the internet would have you believe

Roy has literally only one issue in life, that is his promo time. Fix that, and he's perfectly viable and not total garbage as a unit. AS far as I know

Maybe they would replace Karel with an older Lyn?

That kinda defeats the point of FE7!Karel though.... Edited by Glaceon Mage

Paralougues will allow the return of surviving 1st Gen units to return in 2nd Gen. There will be restrictions like units at least level 18 promoted in the end game first book will only have their paralougues unlocked in the end game second book.

Or better yet they will join if their children surpassed their end game level. If they have one.

Expect Nino and her children to have aptitude

I wonder how Morgan's child will play in the second generation.

MODEDIT: jesus dog we have an edit feature

Edited by Integrity

Paralougues will allow the return of surviving 1st Gen units to return in 2nd Gen. There will be restrictions like units at least level 18 promoted in the end game first book will only have their paralougues unlocked in the end game second book.

Considering FE6's paralogues involve getting the Legendary Weapons, would that be a good time for the returning FE7 units to come back?

No World map, leave that out, Elibe wasn't designed around it. Gaidens are fine as is (Except 19xx, make that requisite less stupid).

Well, they'll certainly stick Lyn in there somewhere if there's a FE6 remake. She's a Lord in FE7 after all (she just wasn't thought up yet at the time that FE6 was made)

Probably as an entirely new character, not replacing an old one. Chances are you'd meet her in the Sacae arc late in the game (and get a different FE7 character if you go Illia, unless the route split is done away with and Roy goes both places) Edited by Glaceon Mage

^Getting rid of that route split is one change that needs to be made, or at least better explain in game as to why it exists and what changes the path

If I had to guess, Lyn would join in the start of the Sacae route, regardless of her hypothectical Book 1 pairings, since she would want to help liberate her home. The only criteria that would change is who recruits her, ie Sue if she's paired with Rath in book 1, Lillina if paired with Hector in book 1, and Roy with Eliwood or one of her other two options without confirmed descendants.

I assume the inevitable added child character who's Lyn's kid could also make her join.

I personally want 7's peg trio to replace 6's, but I don't know how much rewriting that would require for Ilia, since I never go that route, so I'm just going to leave this here

Edited by MCProductions

^That's brilliant.

So how will Morgan be played out after book one. Will they be a mercenary tactician after book 1?

What about their child? Will the latter be sent to military school of sorts and live with his siblings in former's absence?

And where did the wife of Hector go? And Eliwood's? (We know what happened to Ninian btw.)

Edited by Jayvee94

^Mark would be found chapter 1 after escaping the village the bandits destroy in a homage to how he becomes involved in Eliwood's tale.

With the exception of Ninian because of plot, whoever is paired with Eliwood will join his conversation with Roy after chapter 1, but stay behind to take care of Eliwood who is ill at the start of FE6's plot. The hypothectical Fiora or Lyn would join at a later time, likely at the Sacae-Ilia route split.

Hector's wife is harder to figure out. I doubt any of the three options would let him go to Araphen alone, and pretty much every Lycian soldier there who wasn't in the late arrivers with Roy dies, so I'm guessing changed dialogue would be the only changes between books that reflect pairings, combined with Lyn's escape from Araphen to shoehorn her back into the plot at Sacae

^Getting rid of that route split is one change that needs to be made, or at least better explain in game as to why it exists and what changes the path

If I had to guess, Lyn would join in the start of the Sacae route, regardless of her hypothectical Book 1 pairings, since she would want to help liberate her home. The only criteria that would change is who recruits her, ie Sue if she's paired with Rath in book 1, Lillina if paired with Hector in book 1, and Roy with Eliwood or one of her other two options without confirmed descendants.

I assume the inevitable added child character who's Lyn's kid could also make her join.

I personally want 7's peg trio to replace 6's, but I don't know how much rewriting that would require for Ilia, since I never go that route, so I'm just going to leave this here

It would require changing Zealot's wife, for starters. Personally, I want Shanna, Tate, and Yuno to stay, there's no reason to get rid of them and FE7's pegs wouldn't work in their roles.

^That's brilliant.

So how will Morgan be played out after book one. Will they be a mercenary tactician after book 1?

What about their child? Will the latter be sent to military school of sorts and live with his siblings in former's absence?

And where did the wife of Hector go? And Eliwood's? (We know what happened to Ninian btw.)

No Morgan at all is preferable. FE6 is fine without a tactician, and it overrides a big part of Roy's character to add one.

^Or Morgan will be one of Roy's teacher in tactics. But they will stay out of the action for most of the game for some reason. Morgan may be fond of children. That's how I see their character.

Morgan's child will be Roy's timid classmate and will not join unless convinced otherwise.

^Or Morgan will be one of Roy's teacher in tactics. But they will stay out of the action for most of the game for some reason. Morgan may be fond of children. That's how I see their character.

Morgan's child will be Roy's timid classmate and will not join unless convinced otherwise.

It was either Cecilia taught him or he was simply a prodigy at it, can't remember which, though I think it was the latter. I really would not like if FE13 was retconned into best FE at all tbh.

^It's that Cecilia taught him tactics.

It's what you see happen when you play the tutorial in the extras, and they reference it in their supports.

I wouldn't mind a mix-match of FE7,13, and 6, as they are my three favorite games in the series. One game with all of their strengths would be awesome to me.

It was either Cecilia taught him or he was simply a prodigy at it, can't remember which, though I think it was the latter.

He was taught by Cecilla and he was also an intellectual to begin with to an extent.

Right then, point is it would be a rather annoying retcon either way.

Personally, I think Elibe should remain its own self contained world. The presence of Severa, Inigo, and Owain in Fates is rather squeezed in, and that's a new world. It's even worse in an already established world to go and add a character from a completely unrelated setting because you can.

Fair enough, it's not like this will ever actually happen anyway. I'm just shooting off ideas to explain how certain things would work in a Elibe remake if it were to happen.

Also, I don't think Elibe was ever a self contained world unconnected to other FE continents. FE7 implies that Archenea lies on the other end of the Dragon's gate, and while it could very well be a different world with no connection to other FE worlds, you have to admit it would just feel odd for that to be so when they are so clearly implying the Gate leads to pre-degeneration Archenea.

In any case, I agree the tactician shouldn't be Morgan. He, and all self insert FE characters really, should just stay in the background. Make him actually playable yes, but don't make him Kris in this remake if it was to happen.

Fair enough, it's not like this will ever actually happen anyway. I'm just shooting off ideas to explain how certain things would work in a Elibe remake if it were to happen.

Also, I don't think Elibe was ever a self contained world unconnected to other FE continents. FE7 implies that Archenea lies on the other end of the Dragon's gate, and while it could very well be a different world with no connection to other FE worlds, you have to admit it would just feel odd for that to be so when they are so clearly implying the Gate leads to pre-degeneration Archenea.

In any case, I agree the tactician shouldn't be Morgan. He, and all self insert FE characters really, should just stay in the background. Make him actually playable yes, but don't make him Kris in this remake if it was to happen.

The dragon tribes of Archanea are so different from those of Elibe that it's impossible for them to be related. Like Mage Dragons (demon dragons) are a corruption of Divine Dragons in Elibe instead of being their own separate thing.

^It's that Cecilia taught him tactics.

It's what you see happen when you play the tutorial in the extras, and they reference it in their supports.

I wouldn't mind a mix-match of FE7,13, and 6, as they are my three favorite games in the series. One game with all of their strengths would be awesome to me.

Roy may have more than one teacher though. Though he primarily learned from Cecilia. Morgan may have a few students on their own.

Roy has literally only one issue in life, that is his promo time. Fix that, and he's perfectly viable and not total garbage as a unit. AS far as I know

That kinda defeats the point of FE7!Karel though....

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=27091

Your wish has been granted

I've had that for a while lol.

Roy may have more than one teacher though. Though he primarily learned from Cecilia. Morgan may have a few students on their own.

FE6 makes it clear that Cecilia taught him, it would be a retcon whether you like it or not.

So if they did a two generation system, it seems that they'd need to ramp up the stats of enemies in FE6. Maybe it would be better to simply do it like FE3's two book system. Though I don't know if today's IS would do something like that, we'd probably be more likely to get a remake of either FE6 or FE7 rather than a combination of the two.