Fire Emblem:『Untold Story』

Masaya

Fire Emblem:『Untold Story』(Working title)

[Last Update 09/09/2015]

Hello fellow members.

The project is still in his early phase and we want to do something special. We're planning to use FEXNA when it will be released.

Of course, we know that it won't be released until a moment. That's why we're currently working on the story, the characters (Data on them and their mugs/battle sprite/animation) and the items that will appear in game. (Also the map with Feditor)

Beginning of the project: 08/06/2015 (August, 6th)

What the hack will have:

• Original Story with new events. (The story is currently divided in three acts)
  • New maps
  • New portrait mugs/sprites
  • New weapons and icons
  • Story routes (The whole 2nd act.)

That's it for the moment.

We're currently working on the first act of the game and only the first act for the moment.

If you are interested in our project, you can take a look at our tumblr: http://fe-uns.tumblr.com

Our blog is still under construction and need some modifications but we will update informations about our project in here.

I will also try to update this post if people are interested in this project.

Informations about the game:

The map: [Last update of the map: 09/09/2015 - Roads, new fonts, continent's name added]

vjIOFt8.jpg

Map made by Shipanda. His deviantart: http://shipanda01.deviantart.com

The story: [Last update of the story: 09/09/2015]

The story takes place on the continent of Ereb.

The Different kingdoms:

Wulforh: The oldest kingdom of the continent and was once a great country alongside Mastrazs and Silverdale. It's now a corrupt monarchy undermined by political chaos. Instability due to wars has led to rebellions. The current King of Wulforh is called Gregor, 1st of his name.

Rimanska: A country of half-human. In both the religions, the half-human are considered as divine. That's why even though it is a small country surrounded by Wulforh, Mastrazs and Silverdale, their rights and territory have been unaffected.

Rocade: A neutral Swiss-like kingdom whose ruler is not well-known. Not really rich nor powerfull, its neutral state is in any case well-known through the whole continent. Nobody's trying to invade this country because it's the only neutral country. (=If someone's trying to invade it, every other countries will most likely be ennemies?)

Silverdale: A snowy and rocky country. Also got tons of ressources, mainly mine. Commercial partner of Karsbren and opportunistic allies of Wulforh. (Ally of Wulforh because if Mastrazs lose the war (at the beginning), think they can earn more power on Wulforh and get lands/stuff from Wulforh, which was once a great country). Its army is well known for their numerous dragon rider squad.

Mastrazs, Grestazs: Allied kingdoms, thriving commerce, abundant agriculture… Currently the most powerfull country. Instigate the war against Wulforh. Thought they could win easily, they did not anticipate the actions of Silverdale (and Karlsbren?).

Karsbren: An absolute monarchy. Provide the majority of the agricultural resources for the neighbor countries. The authorities are rich and live in luxury but the citizens are all poor farmers. Have a big technological gap so they don't have any powerful army (lack of weapons). The other countries don't really try to invade them as they think they can do that anytime. During the Great War, Wulforh will make an engagement with them: if they provide soldiers, Wulforh will make sure to share a part of their technological knowledge and strategical informations. (??)

Delzatz: Central region inside Wulforh. Was once a part of Mastrazs.

Pragstenburg: Neutral city cutting the territory of Wulforh in half. A commercial hub.

The two main religions:

In the North, monotheism, against any form of magic except light/divine (?), lunar religion : Kircheforsvult

Land where practiced: Wulforh, Karsbren, Pragstenburg, Silverdale (exception : many heathens are in this lands but some conversion attempts happen regularly.)

In the South, polytheism, a lot of mages/herbalists, solar religion : Hélenna

Land where practiced: Grestazs, Mastrazs, parts of Rocade

Graphics: [Last update of graphics: 09/09/2015]

If you want to see some draft of the chara design of Celia and Kaelm, the two main characters, you'll have to go on our tumblr.

For now, I have some concept for the battle sprite of Celia:

ZzqIT9C.png

yYTnuBX.png

If you can give some advice on how we can improve this sprite, it would be nice, thank you. (Oh and I think we should put a frame between the third and the fourth one to make a better transition...)

(And yeah, we currently don't have any mug...One person is working on it though)

We currently have 8 members.

And we're still looking for people to do mugs and sprite.

Edited by Masaya

It's interesting most of the times people need help for anything but writing.

If the artistic direction of the project interest me i could lend an helping hand for story writing but because of my bad english grammar it would be difficult for me to write dialogue or in game text but i can write some background, lore or overall narrative of the story. (but i doubt you need any of that ^^')

So if you interested don't hesitate to contact me by pm or any other mean so we can talk further about this, have a nice day !

I updated the first post to add more informations.

The project began the 6th of August. (Of 2015)

For now, nobody did any mug sprite and we only have the draft, well one is not a draft anymore I think, of two main characters.

Kaelm and Celia.

Kaelm is the "hero" of the story and is a Lord. But we don't know if his class will be Lord or not.

Celia is an important character in the game. She has a new job: alchemist.

And well, english is not our native language so we might have problems with english grammar too x)

Frankly, we might need your help for characters background.

But for now, the general idea of the story and all our created characters have background and stuff like that.

In fact, we're struggling with links, connections between chapters.

We're trying to do a Fire Emblem that is quite like real medieval stuff with strategies and all for the first act so it's kind of hard.

do you even know how hard it is to read with that penguin avi

give me a minute and i might make celia, but its hard for people to want to join a team if you dont have like a demo

EDIT i followed that tumblr but um wow it needs more stuff on it

Edited by xXHoshiHeartsXx

Once again for me to understand what you need (and so if i'll be able to help you) the easiest way would be to contact me via pm or any other mean (you can see my contact info on my profil page) so we can talk further about your ideas.

Anyway, you never have too much background because every ressource you need in a game story telling come from the background therefore if you have a sufficient background you can create story and more easily have coherent ideas, it's the same thing than tabletop rpgs for exemple : even if you can buy an already made campaign there is a lot of background so the GM can make their own stories whithout too much effort. I think by fleshing out the background a lot of your problems like "how to connect different scenarrios with each other" will be way easier to answer because you will already have a whole library of elements and motives that just need to be integrated to the story. But the main problem with this is that it is obviously a long run effort that can take a lot of time and energy. Personnally i thinks it's the first thing you should concentrate writing on because i'm confident that writing a story in an already built world is more coherent than creating a world for a story.

Ah and a last thing depending on what kind of theme and artistic direction you want to take, your are not forced to be realistic to medieval standard : if you want something more grim and whith little fantasy element, sure do it but if you want to add a lot of fantasy element you should not care too much about that even if it's true that i will give more flesh to the background, it will not add anything to the taste of the story and in the worse case it can even harm it. If you really want to inspire you world with medieval stuff, i would advice you to inspire more of medieval legends like the arthurian legend or courtly romance since they have a good balance between reality and fantasy.

Edited by Izhuark

• 3 weeks later...

Hello guys, sorry for the late reply and update.

Stuff happened and then school began...

But the project is still alive and we made some progress...But only a little.

The chara design almost didn't made any progress since Celia's designer worked during summer and restarted school recently.

As for the chara designer of Kaelm, he is currently in a foreign country and can't continue the chara design for now...He will be back in one or two weeks though.

do you even know how hard it is to read with that penguin avi

give me a minute and i might make celia, but its hard for people to want to join a team if you dont have like a demo

EDIT i followed that tumblr but um wow it needs more stuff on it

Haha sorry for the penguin :p

And...

Beginning of the project: 08/06/2015 (August, 6th)

We currently have 5 members in our team... So yeah, we're a small team.

This explains why we currently don't have a demo. I understand that not a lot of people will be interested for now but I still wanted to make a topic.

And the fact that we want to work on FEXNA makes our project not "real" for the moment since we don't have access to the software yet.

Maybe I should begin something on FEXP.

Once again for me to understand what you need (and so if i'll be able to help you) the easiest way would be to contact me via pm or any other mean (you can see my contact info on my profil page) so we can talk further about your ideas.

Anyway, you never have too much background because every ressource you need in a game story telling come from the background therefore if you have a sufficient background you can create story and more easily have coherent ideas, it's the same thing than tabletop rpgs for exemple : even if you can buy an already made campaign there is a lot of background so the GM can make their own stories whithout too much effort. I think by fleshing out the background a lot of your problems like "how to connect different scenarrios with each other" will be way easier to answer because you will already have a whole library of elements and motives that just need to be integrated to the story. But the main problem with this is that it is obviously a long run effort that can take a lot of time and energy. Personnally i thinks it's the first thing you should concentrate writing on because i'm confident that writing a story in an already built world is more coherent than creating a world for a story.

Ah and a last thing depending on what kind of theme and artistic direction you want to take, your are not forced to be realistic to medieval standard : if you want something more grim and whith little fantasy element, sure do it but if you want to add a lot of fantasy element you should not care too much about that even if it's true that i will give more flesh to the background, it will not add anything to the taste of the story and in the worse case it can even harm it. If you really want to inspire you world with medieval stuff, i would advice you to inspire more of medieval legends like the arthurian legend or courtly romance since they have a good balance between reality and fantasy.

There will be fantasy but we're trying to stay coherent on certain aspect for the game.

For now, we're only working on the first act and trying to add more things.

I will PM you my skype...If you have skype to talk about it. Thanks again for your help.

(I will update the main post soon...)

Main post has been updated.

Edited by Masaya