FE6 released on [J-only] E-Shop: Sept 2

Elieson

Today, Geeksnack pushed out an article which I didn't know existed, that FE6 is hitting E-Shop. Japan-only though...

Looks like Wii U only (i don't see anything indicating 3DS support)

Nintendo has confirmed that Fire Emblem: Fuin No Tsurugi, commonly known in the West as Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade, is going to be release on the Japanese Wii U eShop on September 2nd. The game will be available for purchase for the price of 902 yen.

-article source

-Nintendo.co.JP source

Edited by Elieson

Japan only huh.

I knew they'd do that, some people were telling me that oooh Roy returned in smash and Mother 1 got an English translation! So FE6 will be too!

Yeah no, I still have my cart anyways.

Japan only huh.

I knew they'd do that, some people were telling me that oooh Roy returned in smash and Mother 1 got an English translation! So FE6 will be too!

Yeah no, I still have my cart anyways.

Despite the fact that the Mother 1 release was just the NES prototype. :V

Yeah, I figured they would cash in on this in Japan due to the Roy reveal. It's a good thing for Japanese players since carts might be a little hard to find now.

Sorry if I'm straying too far off-topic, but since it's been mentioned, does anyone know why GBA games haven't gotten proper release on the 3DS VC? Downloadable GBA games were given to 3DS owners as part of the Ambassador program a while back, so the technology seems to be there. Is it just another move to try and boost the Wii U's sales with any possible stimulus, however tiny? (I.e., you can only get your beloved GBA games on Wii U! Buy it now!!!)

I wonder if the special V and J maps will appear :o

Yeah, I figured they would cash in on this in Japan due to the Roy reveal. It's a good thing for Japanese players since carts might be a little hard to find now.

Sorry if I'm straying too far off-topic, but since it's been mentioned, does anyone know why GBA games haven't gotten proper release on the 3DS VC? Downloadable GBA games were given to 3DS owners as part of the Ambassador program a while back, so the technology seems to be there. Is it just another move to try and boost the Wii U's sales with any possible stimulus, however tiny? (I.e., you can only get your beloved GBA games on Wii U! Buy it now!!!)

Using a custom firmware, you can boot arbitrary GBA games on the 3DS. I think their VC emulator doesn't support all games. The Ambassador games do not use the emulator but instead boot off the hardware, or something. I don't follow this too much because I use a Gateway instead of custom firmware :/ GBAtemp and other sites will have more info if you are curious :)

iirc the reason is that the 3ds simply didn't have the power to create a suitably featured gba emulator. sure, the ambassador games run just fine, but it's a barebones package that contains none of the bells and whistles nintendo likes putting in this gen's virtual console packages (savestates, pause/reset options, proper 3ds menu integration); they pretty much pulled it off by booting the games in ds mode. i'd imagine that nobody at nintendo was satisfied with selling this for money for whatever reason, so they focused on the wii u for gba vc releases

of course, the new 3ds is a somewhat more powerful thing that now exists, and optimistically they might be able to get these features working properly now. it wouldn't surprise me if they're holding off on it, again, for the sake of wii u sales

To be fair, it can only do so much. Sound makes it unstable and it lacks the access to services that Nintendo would have no problem getting (Or a kernel exploit).

Still, I like what I see. Just wish it had AGB access.

Huh, thanks for the responses. I have to admit I've never seen one of the Ambassador games in action on the console, so I never really knew what the deal was in regards to how the emulation worked. I guess it could be one of those things where some games are released as New 3DS exclusives, if it strikes Nintendo's fancy.

• 2 weeks later...