[100% Complete] FE:A Drama CD w/ Sprites Project

kingddd

So I’ve been playing around with the Fire Emblem Awakening Drama CD and I have listened to the entire tracks from all 4 volumes but I felt, would it not be neat if there was a visualization of it instead of just audio? So for this random personal fan project. I’ve added and made a couple of videos of sprites, audio and dialogue translation dialogues included.

Currently I finished about 4 tracks in vol 1 and it works and flows well with the audio with some minor hiccups. Below are some screenshots preview of what I have been working on:

eRjVKdG.pngWtGJpVy.png

wMjgjwE.pngPe7X7Ns.png

However, there are some legal issues, that I am concerned about. Right now, I am trying to get into contact with the translator for permission on using their translation work and credit for the FEA drama CD but so far, I have not received any response yet and there maybe some issues with the audio being shared. I am planning to only share maybe 2 tracks and leave it at that. What do you guys think of this situation? I want to share it but at the same time, there are legal boundaries for concern as this is something I wanted to play around with for a while now.

Credits:

Sprite Credits to:

askmeandillwriteit and dekodomo for children sprites
Translation credits to: azurillturtle, Amelion
fe-according-to-japan.tumblr.com/
Dialogue Creation Credits to: FireEmblemIfTextSimulator
Edited by kingddd

I really like this idea because I actually wanted to do something similar but with drawings for the 4th drama CD while the audio plays in the background but like you said, there's a lot of legal boundaries. I wouldn't be too worried about translations as long as you aren't trying to profit from this project and I find it that translators are usually fine with it as long as you ask their permission and provide credit (but that's just assuming so there probably are translators who are a bit more protective about their translations).

The most I would worry about if anything are the music in the tracks because sometimes when I try to upload music to youtube, let's say from an anime, then youtube will automatically disable the sound because of copyright issues. I wouldn't worry too much about the actual voice acting because I've uploaded everyone's My Room skinship videos to my youtube channel and I haven't gotten into any sort of trouble.

But I think in general youtube is a bit more lenient towards video game soundtracks in comparison to anime soundtracks (not entirely sure why) because I find it that there's more channels that consist of just video game music than anime music.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, if you do get permission, feel free to continue with the project because I would love to see it! I would suggest doing a little bit of research in regards to copyright infringement and stuff like that and post maybe one or two products of what you've made and if you don't face any trouble, then listen to your gut.

I really like this idea because I actually wanted to do something similar but with drawings for the 4th drama CD while the audio plays in the background but like you said, there's a lot of legal boundaries. I wouldn't be too worried about translations as long as you aren't trying to profit from this project and I find it that translators are usually fine with it as long as you ask their permission and provide credit (but that's just assuming so there probably are translators who are a bit more protective about their translations).

The most I would worry about if anything are the music in the tracks because sometimes when I try to upload music to youtube, let's say from an anime, then youtube will automatically disable the sound because of copyright issues. I wouldn't worry too much about the actual voice acting because I've uploaded everyone's My Room skinship videos to my youtube channel and I haven't gotten into any sort of trouble.

But I think in general youtube is a bit more lenient towards video game soundtracks in comparison to anime soundtracks (not entirely sure why) because I find it that there's more channels that consist of just video game music than anime music.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, if you do get permission, feel free to continue with the project because I would love to see it! I would suggest doing a little bit of research in regards to copyright infringement and stuff like that and post maybe one or two products of what you've made and if you don't face any trouble, then listen to your gut.

Thanks for your thoughts. It does seem like most of the copyrights involving translation is all asking for permission use. I'm still waiting for a response from the translator even though I've sent them a message a couple of days ago.

I reckon if you don't get a response, just go ahead and do the project and where ever you post it, credit him/her and send them another message just telling them you used their translation and that you credited them.I am not the most well versed in situations such as these, but from my knowledge, most people don't mind you using their translations if you give them credit and tell them that you used their translations.

Edited by Azz

Looks great so far : D

Yeah, just to repeat, I think it's alright if you tried to contact the authors and at least give them credit for their work.

As for Youtube being weird, you'll just have to see what happens after you upload it...

Thanks guys. I'm definitely going to give the translator full credit. It took a bit of labourous work just for 1 track even though they don't have proper transition animation.

Here's a preview if any of you are interested. It's currently low resolution on purpose and unlisted right now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ObxJBgByUU

Drama CD Track 3 and 4 are up. The 4th one took longer to make since there was a lot of going back and north with the character interactions.
If you like Nowi, Lon'qu, Gaius, Anna, Lissa, Cordelia and Tharja you may like these ones.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_V74Ym7Cow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ux7oJFOar6g

I finally had time to start watching and I'm only up to Volume 1 Track 4, but I'm really enjoying these. Keep up the good work ^^

Thank you so much. It means a lot. This project was actually inspired by a personal friend of mine where I suggested him to read and listen to the Drama CD but he refused even though he really liked FE13. So this is what made me kind of motivated to do this project.

Gaius and Stahl on the nightwatch when suddenly.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBA80W3NHq4

Looks like even Plegians get dialogues....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QTim8_3oeY

Credits are all in the video descriptions.....

I just watched all Volume 1 videos and really enjoyed them. I've always wanted to listen to the drama CDs, but I find them hard to enjoy when I can't understand the language - having a visualization like this makes listening to them so much more fun. Good work!

thanks it feels great to know that this project has helped out a lot of people.

Anyways, I maybe in a predicament here for volume 3 and 4 right now.

Are there any proper sprite rips for the FE:A children characters that uses their default mother hair colour schemes? I would really appreciate it if someone can find or make something like that as it would make the project for volume 3 go by much faster. Otherwise, I would have to try and figure out every single colour pallete and edit every single children sprite and it maybe put on hold for a bit because of it.

Volume 4 also has the same problem with Morgan too and I may need a proper sprite edit for removing Lucina's tiara and maybe an edit of her wearing a terrible ornament. I can personally attempt to do it but I know I am terrible at sprite editing.

Edited by kingddd

Track 9 is finished. This concludes Volume 2!

I will be taking a break from working on this project for about a week or 2 and maybe start volume 3 after that. I hope you guys are enjoying the visual interpretation of the drama cd.

Also, Henry is the savior we need.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFpvvh2mxo8

There won't be any big updates for the next 2 to 3 week since I will be doing some other personal work projects. To hold off release, here are two previews. These were made to thank the people in the credits for some of the children sprites.

Thanks and credits to
For the sprite edits

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVLLPro9bqo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGdfMv_5_kw

Edited by kingddd

These are awesome, and I look forward to seeing volumes 3 and 4 eventually! Thank you for making these.

Thanks and surprisingly I have an early release today since I had enough time to make one yesterday.

And now we have one of the darkest chapters in Fire Emblem Awakening timelines. Ever wondered what the children were doing before they went back to the past? This is the story of a woman who brings children into the light.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rqNbzJTVPw