What skills are good?

Lunastral

As the title says i'm looking for the list of good skills in the game and what side they belong to also please don't just give me an answer with just one skill on it. also i don't have the time to look through threads to find what skills are good so sorry if this is common knowledge by now. also i'm wondering if the -strike skills are good

I don't have the game, but from what I have heard and researched these are really good skills:

1.) Copycat Puppet: You make a clone of yourself with the same stats and inventory! If your clone dies, however, you die too since you share the same HP. The rewards far outweigh the drawback in my opinion since you can basically have an extra turn or a free pair up partner.

2.) Nohr and Hoshido: The skills are insane. Nohr allows you to use your support partner's activation skills like Aegis, Luna, Aether, etc. So, you basically get extra skills if you are in attack or guard stance. Hoshido is like Rightful King--a free 10% skill activation boost. The two together on Corrin/Kamui is crazy. You have to use the Logbook to get the two skills on the avatar.

3.) Flamboyant: A free 15% skill activation boost and accuracy boost. However, the enemy gets the same activation bonus as well. Again, this skill is so useful during player phase.

Overall, I find that the majority of Hoshido classes have the best passive skills, I.e. Flamboyant, Copycat puppet, Swordfaire, etc., where Nohr classes have the best skill activations, i.e. Luna, Sol, Aegis, Pavise, Vengeance, etc.

Edited by Leif

TBH, it's easier to list the skills that are very BAD, rather than the skills that are good.

1) Shove/Substitute/Rescue/Cut Through- Cool Idea, not worth a skill slot.

2) All "Stat+2/4's" minus Speed+2 and HP+5 - They just don't do enough compared to other skills.

3) Eastern Heart - Heals 10% HP CONDITIONALLY.

4) Rally Skill - Worst Rally. Doesn't do enough. Should have been doubled like Luck.

5) Fortune - Bad way to increase Experience.

TBH, it's easier to list the skills that are very BAD, rather than the skills that are good.

2) All "Stat+2/4's" minus Speed+2 and HP+5 - They just don't do enough compared to other skills.

4) Rally Skill - Worst Rally. Doesn't do enough. Should have been doubled like Luck.

5) Fortune - Bad way to increase Experience.

so in other way everything but those.

Out of the strikes, I find myself using Swallow Strike and Diamond Strike more than the others.

Swallow Strike helps out slow units, especially Subaki and Hinata, slow characters in the typical fast classes (Pegasus Warrior and Samurai). Diamond Strike is great for units with bad defenses. They only work on player phase, though, so that should be something to watch out.

Copycat Puppet is useful, creating a copy of said unit. Servant's Joy is a very helpful skill, imo.

would galeforce still be a viable even though it was nerfed also a skill like aether is from amiibo's right

Edit: do you get seals from amiibo to turn into their class?

Edited by Lunastral

would galeforce still be a viable even though it was nerfed also a skill like aether is from amiibo's right

GF is still very viable if you make a unit right,I mean my Berserker Charlotte who nearly always crits soloed a very hacked My Castle team thanks to GF.(Oh and a +7 Killer Axe which took me hours to grind for)

As for the Aether, yes it is from Amiibo Lucina but alsoyou get a special seal that allows any female unit to class change into a Great Lord from the free DLC.

from the dlc which means in one playthrough you can only get one great lord correct?

Edit: or is it the hero king emblem that you can only get one of?

Edited by Lunastral

from the dlc which means in one playthrough you can only get one great lord correct?

Edit: or is it the hero king emblem that you can only get one of?

You can only get one of each seal.

Breaking Sky : Skill x 1.5% chance of adding half the enemy’s Strength or Magic as damage

Snake Venom : When user triggers the battle, the enemy’s HP is reduced by 20% after the battle

Edited by Sieghart

I don't have the game, but from what I have heard and researched these are really good skills:

1.) Copycat Puppet: You make a clone of yourself with the same stats and inventory! If your clone dies, however, you die too since you share the same HP. The rewards far outweigh the drawback in my opinion since you can basically have an extra turn or a free pair up partner.

2.) Nohr and Hoshido: The skills are insane. Nohr allows you to use your support partner's activation skills like Aegis, Luna, Aether, etc. So, you basically get extra skills if you are in attack or guard stance. Hoshido is like Rightful King--a free 10% skill activation boost. The two together on Corrin/Kamui is crazy. You have to use the Logbook to get the two skills on the avatar.

3.) Flamboyant: A free 15% skill activation boost and accuracy boost. However, the enemy gets the same activation bonus as well. Again, this skill is so useful during player phase.

Overall, I find that the majority of Hoshido classes have the best passive skills, I.e. Flamboyant, Copycat puppet, Swordfaire, etc., where Nohr classes have the best skill activations, i.e. Luna, Sol, Aegis, Pavise, Vengeance, etc.

I think the avatar actually can promote to either Dark Blood or White Blood in Invisible Kingdom. So you can switch inbetween the two if you want.

While these skills aren't good enough to be "end game" skills, they are still useful for single player, which I'd argue is a significant portion of the Fire Emblem experience. Shove and Rescue can be very useful for unit placement (Substitute is meh and Cut Through is much better for the enemy) and Eastern Heart is consistent healing if you can get the very easy condition of having a nearby ally.

If you want some extremely niche skills, think about either of the Herb Merchant skills. I mean, yikes.

While these skills aren't good enough to be "end game" skills, they are still useful for single player, which I'd argue is a significant portion of the Fire Emblem experience. Shove and Rescue can be very useful for unit placement (Substitute is meh and Cut Through is much better for the enemy) and Eastern Heart is consistent healing if you can get the very easy condition of having a nearby ally.

If you want some extremely niche skills, think about either of the Herb Merchant skills. I mean, yikes.

I'd disagree on the Herb Merchant Skills. Using an item without using an action is crazy good and 50% more healing on healing items is also crazy good. Yes I'd like 10 free HP from a concoction. With these two combined, somewhat tanky units could become crazy good tanks in story mode by only using 2 skills. Eastern Heart is just overall worse than other healing skill options. You only use it cause you have nothing better.

Also: I doubt the tactical board advantage of Shove/substitute/cut through can measure up to other skills imo. We have skills that make you do 5+ more damage consistently, give huge battle advantages when attacking or defending, take half damage, heal 10+ points, and increase accuracy and skill activation. Even Movement +1 feels more advantageous. I can understand Rescue, and I keep forgetting that for leveling up troops it is a god sent.

Edited by Psyruby

I have to do that with my first avy. (Hoshido Skill)

Dark Bloods LV 15 skill is useless though with Galeforce. No thanks. Rather have another turn than to use other characters skills. XD

Edit: do you get seals from amiibo to turn into their class?

Yes.

It can be used to some extent especially with forges and Aggressor.

----

Most useful skills...

Top Tier

-----

-Sol

This is on top. Longevity.

-Luna

This has to be the second best skill in the game.

-Rallies

Third I'd say.

-Galeforce

Tied in Third for having another turn which is very helpful on Nohr.

-Aggressor

Fourth I'd say. Brings more recovery from Sol and and can use it to clear the last battle in one turn on normal. Plus can outwit enemy units that can negate attacking skills.

-Dragon Fang

0.75% Ignis isn't bad to have.

-Ignis

It is fifth best. Period. Has a higher activation rate than Dragon Fang.

-Hoshido

10% activation rate is always on top tier.

-Kunaibreaker/other breaker skills

This is top tier too as status reductions from Ninja's always bring your runs to a close quickly. Being swapped after being attacked throwing you into the frey to a powerful unit that can easily finish you off. Biggest annoyance to this entire game!

-Clear Mind

Next to allow abusement of status reduction weapons to better extent and to keep you going against the Ninja's.

-Aegis/Pavise

Reducing dmg are always a good thing.

-Aptitude

This is the last to be top tier as it is always a good thing to make your unit into a god fast.

-The Faires

Doing +5 DMG is always a good thing.

Mid Tier

-----

-Venom/Deadly Breath/Four Fangs

This one's top of this tier as it tears units to shreds fast along with powerful attacks that some units might have.

-Nohr

This one is in lower tier because you cannot use Galeforce if you use this.

-Renewal

30% recovery every turn. Too good to pass up. Since it happens regardless of anything. Even happens while being paired!

-Servant's Joy

Very useful I'd say. Great if your healer got bopped!

-Ogre Strike

This one is great with a high critical weapon along with Sol/Aether.

-Solidary

Giving you more avoid and hit when you do pair up alot and is not player phase dependent are always a good thing.

-Lifetaker

Another player phase dependent skill that is helpful while that you get attacked during player phase without having to heal.

-Underdog

In a lower tier since only Mozume can get this skill. Another good non player phase dependent one.

-Miracle

(Useless on Casual and Phoenix Mode though)

-Astra

This one as it has been nerfed to 0.5%.

-Special Song

This one for raising a units stats for one turn.

-Vantage

Useful in some situations. Pair it with high critical weapons to make it good.

-The Plus skills

Nifty. To go above your caps.

Low Tier

-Aether

Low, because it's too hard to get by legitimate means and has it's activation rate is nerfed by half..

-The Drain Skills

Cannot be obtained with no legitimate means.

-Line Of Death

Shit. Use it if you want a cool retainer. Try it on Oboro. XP

-Vengeance

Only useful with Sol.

Edited by Princess_Florina

Dark Bloods LV 15 skill is useless though with Galeforce. No thanks. Rather have another turn than to use other characters skills. XD

Yes.

It can be used to some extent especially with forges and Aggressor.

----

Most useful skills...

Top Tier

-----

-Sol

-Luna

-Rallies

Third I'd say.

-Aggressor

Fourth I'd say. Brings more recovery from Sol and and can use it to clear the last battle in one turn on normal. Plus can outwit enemy units that can negate attacking skills.

-Ignis

-Dragon Fang

-Hoshido

-Galeforce

Third for having another turn which is very helpful on Nohr.

This is top tier too as status reductions from Ninja's always bring your runs to a close quickly. Being swapped after being attacked throwing you into the frey to a powerful unit that can easily finish you off. Biggest annoyance to this entire game!

-Clear Mind

Next to allow abusement of status reduction weapons to better extent and to keep you going against the Ninja's.

-Aegis/Pavise

-Aptitude

This is the last to be top tier as it is always a good thing to make your unit into a god fast.

-The Faires

Mid Tier

-----

This one's top of this tier as it tears units to shreds fast along with powerful attacks that some units might have.

-Nohr

-Renewal

30% recovery every turn. Too good to pass up. Since it happens regardless of anything. Even happens while being paired!

-Servant's Joy

-Ogre Strike

-Solidary

Giving you more avoid and hit when you do pair up alot and is not player phase dependent are always a good thing.

-Lifetaker

Another player phase dependent skill that is helpful while that you get attacked during player phase without having to heal.

-Underdog

In a lower tier since only Mozume can get this skill. Another good non player phase dependent one.

-Miracle

-Astra

-Special Song

-Vantage

-The Plus skills

Low Tier

-Aether

Low, because it's too hard to get by legitimate means and has it's activation rate is nerfed by half..

-The Drain Skills

-Line Of Death

-Vengeance

Only useful with Sol.

Few things to note.

1) Breaking Sky wasn't mentioned(especially it being one of the highest activation rates while still being pretty powerful.)

2) Dragon Fang isn't comparable to Ignis. Ignis adds half your other attacking stat to your damage, Dragon Fang multiplies your TOTAL attack power by 1.5. This means your weapon might, static damage skills, weapon triangle, weapon rank are all included in the multiplier.

3) Astra and Aether's activation wasn't nerfed... they were both .5*Skill% in Awakening.

4) I do agree that higher activation rate trumps more killing power in story as very often you only need a little bit to push your enemies into OHKO territory. However, I'd like to point out for PvP, Aether and Astra are way better as they only need one activation to OHKO an opposing unit whereas Luna/Breaking Sky has to activate twice.

5) You can't really activate vengeance with sol or even nosferatu, as two skills can't activate at the same time and nosferatu can't activate skills anymore. It's good if you have a very large HP cap with decent defense and want a common activation.

Edited by Psyruby

Are you kidding? Nohr is crazy good. Support unit could have Aether, Aegis, Pavise, Lethality, and Luna, where the avatar would have, Hoshido, Nohr, Flamboyant, Swordfaire (or other "faire skills"), and Copycat Puppet. If you have this combination, you will have an avatar with ten useable skills!

In battle, the Avatar will have:

1.) Nohr

2.) Hoshido

3.) Copycat Puppet

4.) Swordfaire

5.) Flamboyant

6.) Aether (From Great Lord)

7.) Pavise

8.) Luna

9.) Aegis

10.) Lethality

That's crazy good if you ask me.

Are you kidding? Nohr is crazy good. Support unit could have Aether, Aegis, Pavise, Lethality, and Luna, where the avatar would have, Hoshido, Nohr, Flamboyant, Swordfaire (or other "faire skills"), and Copycat Puppet. If you have this combination, you will have an avatar with ten useable skills!

1.) Nohr

2.) Hoshido

3.) Copycat Puppet

4.) Swordfaire

5.) Flamboyant

7.) Pavise

8.) Luna

9.) Aegis

10.) Lethality

I think it's more of a preference thing. Many people forget that Nohr includes Pavise/Aegis and that's a big part of using Nohr. You can make one unit very good on both player and enemy phase or you can double your player phase.

Few things to note.

1) Breaking Sky wasn't mentioned(especially it being one of the highest activation rates while still being pretty powerful.)

2) Dragon Fang isn't comparable to Ignis. Ignis adds half your other attacking stat to your damage, Dragon Fang multiplies your TOTAL attack power by 1.5. This means your weapon might, static damage skills, weapon triangle, weapon rank are all included in the multiplier.

3) Astra and Aether's activation wasn't nerfed... they were both .5*Skill% in Awakening.

4) I do agree that higher activation rate trumps more killing power in story as very often you only need a little bit to push your enemies into OHKO territory. However, I'd like to point out for PvP, Aether and Astra are way better as they only need one activation to OHKO an opposing unit whereas Luna/Breaking Sky has to activate twice.

5) You can't really activate vengeance with sol or even nosferatu, as two skills can't activate at the same time and nosferatu can't activate skills anymore. It's good if you have a very large HP cap with decent defense and want a common activation.

1. Breaking Sky should go next to Ignis.

2. Dragon Fang is up above Ignis.

3. Oh.

5. I would never suggest Nosferatu as you can't do anything with it but regular attack. Why else would the developers never give them this towards the end of the game?!

------

Most useful skills...

Top Tier

-----

-Sol

-Luna

-Rallies

Third I'd say.

-Galeforce

Tied in Third for having another turn which is very helpful on Nohr.

-Aggressor

-Hoshido

-Dragon Fang

-Ignis/Breaking Sky

-Clear Mind

-Aegis/Pavise

-Aptitude

-The Faires

Mid Tier

-----

-Nohr

-Renewal

-Servant's Joy

-Ogre Strike

-Solidary

-Lifetaker

-Underdog

-Miracle

-Astra

-Special Song

-Vantage

-The Plus skills

Low Tier

-Aether

-The Drain Skills

-Line Of Death

-Vengeance

Only useful with Sol.

1.) Nohr

2.) Hoshido

3.) Copycat Puppet

4.) Swordfaire

5.) Flamboyant

7.) Pavise

8.) Luna

9.) Aegis

10.) Lethality

*Giggle*

It's a matter of choice.

Either that, or Galeforce. Both are great for your Avatar to have! My third Avy from IK will get both Hoshido and Nohr skills.

First two will have Hoshido and Galeforce.

Third one will have both Nohr and Hoshido. They're all getting saved in the Pendlum for that as I have to do the same with my Rally bots Sakura and Mitama as they cannot get Rally Str, Def and Res on the Hoshido route.

-----

EDIT: It'll be the ultimate dream to have three avatars on the field soon two getting more turns and the third one getting very skilly! Having Sakura and Mitama Rally botting them with 5 rallies. Love to make a vid of it after that dream comes true! :D

Edited by Princess_Florina