Mouldor-Sage or Bishop?

Azz

So I am starting a new run of SS and I was wandering what to promote Mouldor to?I normally go Bishop but I feel having three Bishops is a bit excessive(Since I tend to go Bishop!Natasha and I plan on going Bishop!Artur to try something new)and I never went Sage with him either.

So yeah opinions?

Bishop is just the obvious answer for pretty much anyone you can promote to a bishop.

Why?

Because of their overpowered slayer skill of course!

Being able to be effective against many enemies you can encounter and all enemies you encounter post game just beats the better offensive caps that a sage or any magical class has.

Eh, I'd style it out and go with Sage. iirc FE8 is easy enough for such a decision to not matter, especially if this isn't Hard mode or LTC or something and you already have two Bishops planned.

LTC runs have multiple Bishops? Moulder might as well go Sage since staff rank is not a problem for him at all, but Bishop grants an extra point of magic so LTCers might make Moulder a Bishop anyway.

Since it hasn't been mentioned yet: Bishop gets boosted Exp growth (by ~50%?), Sage does not. That makes the choice clear even if Slayer weren't on the table, IMO.

The boosted exp doesn't affect staves, but if you plan to use nothing but staves anyway, you might as well still go Bishop and get the boost to staff exp because nothing else matters (although realistically that won't matter either). EDIT: Oh wait, no, Espinosa is correct, the +1 magic is probably most important for a pure staffbot.

Edited by Dark Holy Elf