A newcomer on FE7

Nym

There's not much hope left for Guy at that rate. That's happened to me before a few times too, in fact. Never managed to use Guy. Might as well toss him off the team now. If you're fine not getting the brave sword and a hero, go for Karel if you want a Swordmaster.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you want to wait a long time, I would also support using Jaffar. He's basically a Swordmasters with better defenses, worse offense, and silencer. He also requires basically zero training and is good from the moment you get him.

If people use Raven and Guy they generally have Raven start training his Axe Rank as much as they can to my knowledge, and let Guy main sword (duh.) you can definitely use them both but you really only need one since they both fulfil the same role until mid game (swords locked combat unit), and Raven gains 1-2 range on promotion whole Guy gets bonus critical. Most use Raven unless Guy is getting strength early on.

Canas makes some of the bosses feel more like a rag doll than a warrior. If you're going to use him, however, you have to be sure to train him constantly because he can fall behind easily, as if he's speed screwed a speeding would be a worthwhile investment on him.

If you want to wait a long time, I would also support using Jaffar. He's basically a Swordmasters with better defenses, worse offense, and silencer. He also requires basically zero training and is good from the moment you get him.

Matthew start to fall behind a little bit so I might just use Jaffar (because I will also use Nino).

Am I the only who got a good Guy and a good Raven and uses both?

Really, Raven and Lucius are beasts now that I supported them.

Also use Canas. If he gets some good level and the Luna tome he'll be more akin to a nuclear bomb than anything.

Lucius is good, but Serra's better, mostly due better support options.

That girl get criticals like crazy.

It's actually kinda ironic that the best mages in the game are either healers or pre-promote, not to say that Lucius and Erk are bad, they are good, but Serra, Priscilla and Pent always seem to outclass them.

At least in my opinion. Then again, it could be simply my personal experience, which to be fair isn't credible.

Or maybe the RNG gods didn't favor me when I used Lucius, Erk and Canas, because everytime I use them, they never end up as good as Serra, Priscilla and Pent.

Edited by Water Mage

Matthew start to fall behind a little bit so I might just use Jaffar (because I will also use Nino).

Jaffar is extremely useful. Nino can get good, but since she's an Est, it might be challenging, especially on a first playthrough. Then again, it is ENM, so it probably won't be that bad.

It's actually kinda ironic that the best mages in the game are either healers or pre-promote, not to say that Lucius and Erk are bad, they are good, but Serra, Priscilla and Pent always seem to outclass them.

At least in my opinion. Then again, it could be simply my personal experience, which to be fair isn't credible.

Or maybe the RNG gods didn't favor me when I used Lucius, Erk and Canas, because everytime I use them, they never end up as good as Serra, Priscilla and Pent.

Same, except I occasionally get lucky with Erk. Maybe people end up using all of their divine favor on Serra, Priscilla, and Pent, so they don't have any left over to use on the other magic units.

My Lucius is made of cardboard, I swear (damn wyvern riders with javelins).

I only used Serra for the early game. I didn't enjoy her personaly.

Also where do you get Canas?I just finished Genesis and I think I missed him (or because it's my first playthrough?).

Edited by Nym

Also where do you get Canas?I just finished Genesis and I think I missed him (or because it's my first playthrough?).

I have no idea what chapter but it's the gaiden between the chapter with Raven and the Pirate Ship

I've never not got it so I have no idea how

I'm guessing you have to save the Caelin soldiers

Actually I'm pretty sure that's it

I think it's keep at least one alive but I'm not sure

I have no idea what chapter but it's the gaiden between the chapter with Raven and the Pirate Ship

I've never not got it so I have no idea how

I'm guessing you have to save the Caelin soldiers

Actually I'm pretty sure that's it

I think it's keep at least one alive but I'm not sure

The soldiers literally attacked Raven when he was on the enemy side. I let you imagine what happened.

Edited by Nym

Ah, I see, that's too bad. She does have a deeper and sadder side to her, in her supports with Hector and Lucius.

But it's your choice in the end. It's really not my place to tell what to do.

She's the best light magic user in the game! You'll regret not using her!!

Ahem...

I'm sorry, I didn't mean for that to come out, please forget what you saw. It's was merely a moment of madness, nothing to be concerned about.

On a serious note, this is Eliwood Normal Mode, so don't worry about which units you have use, all of them can do just fine.

But did you get Heath? If you like wyvern riders he's the only one you'll get for a while.

And don't worry about Canas. While he's the only dark magic user of the game, you can do just fine without him.

Also, what are the levels of Eliwood, Hector and Lyn?

The next chapter's map and boss will change depending on their levels.

Edited by Water Mage

Please say that their combined level is over 50. Geitz is infinitely better than Wallace, even if you don't use either of them much. Besides, the story gets so much better if you do Linus's FFO.

hey I've seen worse

I believe on my first playthrough one of them attempted to fight the boss

LOL! That's why the game has a Rescue option. Otherwise, the allied units mindlessly throw themselves at the nearest enemy. Kind of like the enemies' AI.

Ah, I see, that's too bad. She does have a deeper and sadder side to her, in her supports with Hector and Lucius.

But it's your choice in the end. It's really not my place to tell what to do.

She's the best light magic user in the game! You'll regret not using her!!

Ahem...

I'm sorry, I didn't mean for that to come out, please forget what you saw. It's was merely a moment of madness, nothing to be concerned about.

On a serious note, this is Eliwood Normal Mode, so don't worry about which units you have use, all of them can do just fine.

But did you get Heath? If you like wyvern riders he's the only one you'll get for a while.

And don't worry about Canas. While he's the only dark magic user of the game, you can do just fine without him.

Ok ... XD

Heath need some proper training because the desert map got clean up by Pent (he killed one of 2 warriors too).

They are all level 16 at least if I remember correcly so...

Please say that their combined level is over 50. Geitz is infinitely better than Wallace, even if you don't use either of them much. Besides, the story gets so much better if you do Linus's FFO.

Yup, I am on his chapter right now and I forgot that warrior uses bow and florina is currently shopping (R.I.P). Time to reset.

Edited by Nym

Ok ... XD

Heath need some proper training because the desert map got clean up by Pent (he killed one of 2 warriors too).

They are all level 16 at least if I remember correcly so...

Yup, I am on his chapter right now and I forgot that warrior uses bow and florina is currently shopping (R.I.P). Time to reset.

So, you're on the city map, not the fog-of-war one, right? Is the boss Linus or Lloyd?

Also, you're getting Pent and Louise in the next chapter!

By the way, since Guy is low-level, Bartre is dead, and you don't use Dorcas, it's likely that you will get Kenneth's map on Pale Flower of Darkness.

There's are two units you can get there, but you can only recruit one of them, and there are some weird conditions for them to appear, I can tell you if you want.

Which unit do you prefer?

A Hero that comes with a free Brave Sword or a Swordmaster with free Wo Dao?

To get the Swordmaster you will need to defeat at least two promoted enemies, before turn 10, but if you want the Hero, you cannot defeat more than one promoted enemy before turn 10.

If you get Jerme's map however the conditions are different.

Both units are good units, but I prefer the Harken the Hero, since he comes with a free Brave Sword, and he's a pretty good unit, for a pre-promote. But Karel the swordmaster is pretty good too.

Edited by Water Mage

So, you're on the city map, not the fog-of-war one, right? Is the boss Linus or Lloyd?

Also, you're getting Pent and Louise in the next chapter!

By the way, since Guy is low-level, Bartre is dead, and you don't use Dorcas, it's likely that you will get Kenneth's map on Pale Flower of Darkness.

There's are two units you can get there, but you can only recruit one of them, and there are some weird conditions for them to appear, I can tell you if you want.

Which unit do you prefer?

A Hero that comes with a free Brave Sword or a Swordmaster with free Wo Dao?

To get the Swordmaster you will need to defeat at least two promoted enemies, before turn 10, but if you want the Hero, you cannot defeat more than one promoted enemy before turn 10.

If you get Jerme's map however the conditions are different.

Both units are good units, but I prefer the Harken the Hero, since he comes with a free Brave Sword, and he's a pretty good unit, for a pre-promote. But Karel the swordmaster is pretty good too.

Yes, Linus is the boss ( I didn't want to face Llyod but I didn't know that could affect the story too).

Louise is an archer? And why Nino and Jaffar are inside a house.

Now that I learn to always use rare items, I could use a Brave Sword. The only problem is that Raven will be an hero very soon.

But on the other hand, I don't need a sword master because I got Lyn (ok she's not exacly a swordmaster but still) and I will get Jaffar very soon.

Yes, Linus is the boss ( I didn't want to face Llyod but I didn't know that could affect the story too).

Louise is an archer? And why Nino and Jaffar are inside a house.

Now that I learn to always use rare items, I could use a Brave Sword. The only problem is that Raven will be an hero very soon.

But on the other hand, I don't need a sword master because I got Lyn (ok she's not exacly a swordmaster but still) and I will get Jaffar very soon.

I think the Brave Sword is more useful, mostly because Eliwood has the nasty habit of being speed screwed by the RNG, so he really likes the Brave Sword, you don't need use Harken, just recruit him for the Brave Sword, Brave Weapons are rather scarce in this game, and in the majority of the GBA games really.

And Pent and Louise are pretty good, especially since they come with an A-support with each other already.

What class you thought Louise was?

I think the Brave Sword is more useful, mostly because Eliwood has the nasty habit of being speed screwed by the RNG, so he really likes the Brave Sword, you don't need use Harken, just recruit him for the Brave Sword, Brave Weapons are rather scarce in this game, and in the majority of the GBA games really.

And Pent and Louise are pretty good, especially since they come with an A-support with each other already.

What class you thought Louise was?

Yeah that was I thought too for the Brave Sword.

Well I didn't expect an archer at this point in the game.

Also, about Jaffar, to recruit him you have to speak with him with Nino on the chapter she joins, however, he will still be a NPC in that chapter, he will join on the other chapter should he survive.

Out of the Four Fangs, he's the one who you would least expect to join you, isn't it?

Pent and Louise are honestly some of the upper echelon units in the game. Pent is probably one of the best pre promotes ever in Fire Emblem, and Louise is definitely not a bad Sniper either, comparable to Innes from FE8. The best thing is that both are usable up until end game without any real rough patches. Recruit Harken if you don't plan on using him or Karel.

Also, about Jaffar, to recruit him you have to speak with him with Nino on the chapter she joins, however, he will still be a NPC in that chapter, he will join on the other chapter should he survive.

Out of the Four Fangs, he's the one who you would least expect to join you, isn't it?

Well.. I kinda spoiled the game to myself.. so.. a little bit.

Plus Nino vs Jaffar... not really.

Edit: Except the only problem is that Rath is my main archer and he has a B support with Lyn already.

And I will get Nino and Jaffar soon so I maybe not use Penth and Louise but it's normal, I'm sure I could have Isadora and still win the game.

Heath is also catching up thanks to the arena.

Edited by Nym

Pent is perfection. Louise and their A support is just icing on the cake.

You face both Lloyd and Linus either way. The order just changes based on which FFO you get. The reason why its better to have Geits's version is because Linus is just plain annoying in CoD, while Lloyd is interesting.

Like everyone else is saying, go for Harken. Lyn can use Wo Daos, but she's epic enough not to need them. Brave Swords are good for anyone, though.

Night of Farewells, the gaiden that everyone was complaining about, is easy to get. Just have Nino and Jaffar survive and have Nino talk to Jaffar. If you still use Matthew (or Legault), then you probably don't want to skip it, as it has one of two Fell Contracts in the game, and the other is in the second to last chapter's secret shop.

But Cog!Linus is easier than Cog!Lloyd since you can double Linus more easily and he has less avoid than Lloyd.

The difficulty of Lloyd's version of FFO is overstated. It's not that bad. Sure, recruiting Wallass is a pain, but he sucks anyway, so don't worry about it.

Pent is perfection. Louise and their A support is just icing on the cake.

You face both Lloyd and Linus either way. The order just changes based on which FFO you get. The reason why its better to have Geits's version is because Linus is just plain annoying in CoD, while Lloyd is interesting.

Like everyone else is saying, go for Harken. Lyn can use Wo Daos, but she's epic enough not to need them. Brave Swords are good for anyone, though.

Night of Farewells, the gaiden that everyone was complaining about, is easy to get. Just have Nino and Jaffar survive and have Nino talk to Jaffar. If you still use Matthew (or Legault), then you probably don't want to skip it, as it has one of two Fell Contracts in the game, and the other is in the second to last chapter's secret shop.

And I missed the secret shop at chapter18x...

But Cog!Linus is easier than Cog!Lloyd since you can double Linus more easily and he has less avoid than Lloyd.

The difficulty of Lloyd's version of FFO is overstated. It's not that bad. Sure, recruiting Wallass is a pain, but he sucks anyway, so don't worry about it.

It's not that FFO is super difficult on either version. Sure, recruiting Wallace is sort of annoying, but, especially on normal, it isn't too hard.

Cog!Linus is a lot easier, but I cannot describe how annoying I find Linus in Cog. Seriously, there is a difference between taking revenge and being repetitive. At least Lloyd is nice about telling you that you are about to die.

And I missed the secret shop at chapter18x...

Yeah, but the other Fell Contract is in the secret shop in Chapter 30 or so. The level where you can recruit Renault.