20th Century Fox is making a Mega Man movie...

Water Mage

This theory on why they hardly make good video game movies is fairly interesting. Apparently, it's hard to make a good video game movie since most of what game games good is the interactivity, which movies lack. Though I think that more narrative-driven games have less of an excuse; it shouldn't be hard for a good writer to alter the plot yet keep it faithful.

I always thought it'd be better to do animated or live action series of video games, but even those have their constructs that keep them from being as good as they can :/

I disagree with the above

It's because nobody cares for the source material. All great adaptations come from a production team that has great respect or admiration for the source material, even if the adaptation isn't necessarily faithful. The problem is, there aren't many talented directors and writers with a passion for video games. It's good to remember that none of the earliest comic adaptations were well remembered, it took 30 years from his inception for Superman to get a decent movie, and until now where we get regular decent comic book movies, if a little too much of them.

Eh...I don't think you can really discredit it fully, though. Like...comic book movies may be good now, but comic books are a story medium. They tell tales. Video games really aren't. They're designed to be interactive, the focus is generally gameplay, not story. And many popular games, like Mario and MegaMan, are very, very light on the story, boiling down to hero stops villain. There's certainly potential, they have the Archie comics and such, but it's also understandable if the people look at this and say "Okay...what the heck am I supposed to write?" Still, I suppose the fact that good Mega Man stories do exist proves it's possible, but at the same time, those aren't movies. It's tricky, but I still believe it's possible, and I shall hold out for a decent product. I mean, you may have to make everything else up, but the premise of a robot who fights other robots to save the world and steals their powers to stop a mad scientist is pretty sweet.