microSD cards that work for New 3ds...

Zanarkin

So will any microSD cards from 4 gb to 64 gb work with the new Nintendo 3DS? Curious as the nintendo website only posts like a few cards and they are quite expensive, while there are a few other off-brand names that seem more affordable. I don't know, as i have never really bought SD cards before, how reliable these other micro sd cards are. Does anyone have any suggestions?

While I don't know the exact brand name off the top of my head, my third party 32 gig SD card works just fine.

I would get the SD card out of the New 3DS to check, but getting to the card is a huge pain in the neck, because of the stupid need for a screwdriver

Nintendo says it only accepts cards up to 32 GB, so watch for that. Just basing off the card in my regular 3DSXL, I'm using Wintec and it's worked fine.

Go to Amazon, search for micro SD cards and click on ones that fit your price. Scroll down to the questions and reviews: there are usually several people confirming that they work on 3DS systems.

Example:

http://smile.amazon.com/SanDisk-Memory-Adapter--SDSDQUAN-032G-G4A-Version/dp/B00M55C0NS/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1441422794&sr=1-1&keywords=micro+sd+card

The stated limit of 32 GB is actually due to the 3DS platform needing SD cards to be formatted in FAT32. Larger-capacity cards are not formatted in FAT32 by default, but if reformatted into FAT32, can be accepted by the system. I myself use a 64 GB card in my original-model 3DS without problem once the card was redone as FAT32...

:o i see. Thanks everyone, I really wanted to buy a new SD card but didn't want to pay so much for the cards suggested by nintendo. The one that came with the 3ds is almost full now, with only one game downloaded into it. Thanks for the tip on the 64 gigs card btw. May come useful if i find a cheap one :P