• Binding Blade
    • Blazing Sword
    • Sacred Stones
    • Path of Radiance
    • Radiant Dawn
    • Shadow Dragon
    • New Mystery of the Emblem
    • Awakening
    • IF/Fates (Hoshido and Nohr OSTs combined)

I was reading a thread on the best recruitment themes and that got me thinking, what's the best OST in the series overall? Personally, I can't decide between FE4 and FE5, but I'll probably give the vote to FE5 because of how much more somber it is at some times and triumphant in others. Actually, no. My vote goes to FE4. I haven't heard them in awhile, but I remember FE9+10 having pretty great OSTs. And I know Hoshido and Nohr do have different tracks, but I'm combining them for conveniences sake.

Edited by Lantairu

I find it funny how last time I saw a thread concerning this, Genealogy's soundtrack was stuck with 0 votes with BS and Fates.

Now look as it destroys everything in this thread.

I may not be the biggest fan of FE4 as a game, but I do think it has an awesome soundtrack even if I prefer BS and Fates to it.

I could swear we had a thread like this recently...

Anyway, RD has my favorite music in the series, though PoR is a very close second. I just couldn't get enough of the tracks in either one!

Edited by Anacybele

Anyway, RD has my favorite music in the series, though PoR is a very close second. I just couldn't get enough of the tracks in either one!

Honestly (I say that word a lot... honestly), I'm sure we probably did somewhere. But whatever. Couldn't find one anywhere.

You know what's funny? My favorite FE9 song...was originally in Genealogy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yReBRItWu0

Anyway, my favorite? Yeah, Genealogy. But Thracia is a close second. It's the only one that has a song for when you're close to losing. And the themes used like when Leif's being pursued really evoke a feeling of dread on the player phase. Hell, even August has two kickass themes.

Edited by NoNameAtAll

You know what's funny? My favorite FE9 song...was originally in Genealogy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yReBRItWu0

Anyway, my favorite? Yeah, Genealogy. But Thracia is a close second. It's the only one that has a song for when you're close to losing. And the themes used like when Leif's being pursued really evoke a feeling of dread on the player phase. Hell, even August has two kickass themes.

And that particular song is actually one of my favorite FE4 songs. Yeah, I agree about Thracia. I love how the music also can be triumphant and sad whenever it wants to. Also, it has one of the coolest battle themes in my opinion.

Thracia 776 has a criminally underrated OST. It's fantastic.

As true as that is, I think Gaiden's is even more underrated. At least IS and even Sakurai seem to like to sneak in the occasional remix. Thracia has an enemy theme, Binding Blade has two, Sacred Stones has one and Smash Bros has had two. Hell, even RD had an unused Gaiden theme.

https://youtu.be/FsT9eUO9N80

It's a close tie between Sacred Stones and Radiant Dawn. They have some of my favourite themes in the series such as Comrades, Determination, Rise Above, The Prince's Despair, Eternal Bond, The Devoted and Stalwart's Unite. I think I'm going to vote Sacred Stones, though both are amazing OSTs. Overall I think Fire Emblem has amazing themes in general.

EDIT: Actually thinking about this more, I think I like Radiant Dawn's themes a bit more.

Edited by Glitchy

Gaiden would probably be the best, but... NES. So I say it's got to go to Fates. Have you heard that track from when you face the Marth Amiibo? Sooo good. 4 is really good too, but again, is too SNESy to take the prize.

I bet I'm the only person ever to say FE6.

*votes FE6*

Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup

FE6 wins for me thanks to a lot of the map themes being among my favorites (the only one I don't like being Beyond the Sky), Some of the most awesome boss themes between In the Name of Bern, Battle for Whose Sake, and Shaman in the Dark, AND it has Dark Priestess, which gets redone several times in the lategame to show off changes on Idoun, including to aforementioned Shaman in the Dark.

Among the map themes is my Favorite FE song too, that being Path of the Divine Generals. So yeah... FE6

Gaiden would probably be the best, but... NES. So I say it's got to go to Fates. Have you heard that track from when you face the Marth Amiibo? Sooo good. 4 is really good too, but again, is too SNESy to take the prize.

I did hear the battle remix. That stuff is pretty legit.