About same-sex marriage function...

NAMECRISIS

I think the difference is that bara is fetishizing muscles, whereas yaoi is fetishizing homosexual relationships. In the latter, they're being objectified.Back to the topic, my understanding of Zero's character is that he's designed to appeal to women into yaoi rather than gay men.

I can confirm that I'm a gay man and I'm quite attracted to Zero and his personality. I do however think the characters they chose for the gay options can be viewed as little objectifying eitherway. I would have liked to see Cyrus/Silas or someone a little more emotional and actually admittedly homosexual. The S support with Zero as m!kamui (from what I've read at least) is really awkward.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can see Zero put in as fanservice for girls (he's the dominant person in the typical yaoi work). I have to wonder about who Shara is aimed at. Usually when I think of Yuri it's a sweet thing between two innocent girls. Shara's form of love seems more perverse. I think either Soleil or Camilla would have made better bisexuals, but that's just me.

B-But if Soleil was actually bi who would Kamui therapise...?

I can confirm that I'm a gay man and I'm quite attracted to Zero and his personality. I do however think the characters they chose for the gay options can be viewed as little objectifying eitherway. I would have liked to see Cyrus/Silas or someone a little more emotional and actually admittedly homosexual. The S support with Zero as m!kamui (from what I've read at least) is really awkward.

ngl, when I heard there were gay options I figured it'd be Silas/Aqua. He's the childhood friend, she's on the boxart and they're on every route. The choices seem kind of random, especially since gay Hoshidans are SOL.

B-But if Soleil was actually bi who would Kamui therapise...?

ngl, when I heard there were gay options I figured it'd be Silas/Aqua. He's the childhood friend, she's on the boxart and they're on every route. The choices seem kind of random, especially since gay Hoshidans are SOL.

If it helps, Silas and Aqua were intended to be gay options, but were cut in he end.

Source? This is something I've never heard. I would have really liked that.

I think people data-mined (sibling) supports for Male Kana and Shigure and Female Kana and Sophie which wouldn't be possible unless it was Femui x Aqua and Mamui x Silas. Then again, gay pairs can't have kids anyway so I'm not sure how that would have worked out...

I think people data-mined (sibling) supports for Male Kana and Shigure and Female Kana and Sophie which wouldn't be possible unless it was Femui x Aqua and Mamui x Silas. Then again, gay pairs can't have kids anyway so I'm not sure how that would have worked out...

...Are we know assuming Fates runs on some internal logic, now?

Seriously, I doubt any justification would be much more lulzy than what it's already thrown at us.

...Are we know assuming Fates runs on some internal logic, now?

Seriously, I doubt any justification would be much more lulzy than what it's already thrown at us.

Sky's the limit when we have

qx9ak_zpsmhufx8hj.jpg

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they did "alternate dimension where gay baby-making happens" in the next game.

Edited by NekoKnight

I can't really say anything as far as tokenism or yaoi/yuri fangirling in the game, because I haven't played the game yet and won't until it is localized. But as a gay man, I'm glad to see that I at least have the option to align the character that's supposed to be my self-insert with my own sexuality. That being said, I'm bummed that the choice locks me out of playable characters. But a step in the right direction is better than nothing. And I can't really see the inclusion of same-sex romance as pandering, because for one, it's just an option that doesn't have to be taken, and it just makes sense when you have a romance component to a game to have the option for characters to be in a heterosexual relationship, a homosexual relationship, or no relationship at all. It just makes sense to me to have the options there.

As for Silas and Azura, that's interesting. I would have loved to be able to romance Silas as a guy. This is just wishful thinking at this point, but in a perfect world, Nintendo would patch the game to add in those two options. But thinking rationally, the chances are slim to none.

And for children, the characters that can enter into a same-sex marriage are basically bisexual based on the fact that they can romance both genders. So from a logical standpoint, since surrogacy hasn't been invented in the Fire Emblem Universe, why wouldn't the characters just find a generic person to either bear a child or provide sperm so that they could bear a child, depending on the pairing? The Avater is a Prince/Princess after all, he/she should have some sort of pull. That way, the children are still biological children of at least one of the parents, and the players who choose to pursue the same-sex option don't get locked out of anything.

Although in the end I do feel the same as some others have expressed in this thread: cut out the children entirely, outside of mentions in paired endings if that's what's written. And just have each character only have a few romance options and a few platonic options (having straight, gay, and bisexual characters), leave the marriage for the epilogue, and call it a day just like in the Gameboy Advance games.

Aaaah, the eternal debate ...

"Homosexuality is something completely unnatural because a man has a penis, which its supposed purpose is to merely spit semen into a vagina's woman and not doing that in a man. Therefore, a human being is neither natural, because we have a brain for thinking and, rather doing that, we just usually do the same stupid things over again. Rather than discriminating the homosexual, then, we shall praise them."

Edited by Erdall