Favourite weapon type in Fates?

Mads

Favourite weapon type in Fates  

60 members have voted

1. 1. What's your favourite type of weapon in Fire Emblem: Fates?

• Swords/Katanas
    • Lances/Naginatas
    • Axes/Clubs
    • Kunai/Shurikens
    • Bows/Yumi
    • Tomes/Spells
    • Staves/Batons
    • Beast and dragon stones

I voted axes because frying pan, but staves are a close second.

As a White Blood or another staff-using class, the Avatar's access to the convoy makes them a core utility unit, able to pull out any staff you have and use it immediately. All of those situational staves mostly just waste space in your other units' inventories, but the Avatar can use them whenever they need them. I was saved a reset several times by pulling out a Freeze or Vanished Disaster.

This is just a guess, but it seems that White Blood would be far mor useful in the Nohr path than Black Blood, right?

This is just a guess, but it seems that White Blood would be far mor useful in the Nohr path than Black Blood, right?

I'd say so.

Dark Blood has great skills, but unless you are deliberately trying to make a mage Kamui, you're better off with staves. The only time I even used the Dark Blood class was for a magic Kanna.

Staves are valuable even without much MAG.

Dark Blood's animations are really cool though...

Edited by gayserbeam

Bows, because gameplay reasons. They're good in this game, and they're good against all other weapon types. Melee weapon users cannot strike back (and ranged weapons have their shortcomings), bows are good against kunai, and bow users tend to have good resistance, making fighting tome users somewhat easier.

I wish I can like tomes better, but tome users refuse to land their hits often enough.

Bows, because gameplay reasons. They're good in this game, and they're good against all other weapon types. Melee weapon users cannot strike back (and ranged weapons have their shortcomings), bows are good against kunai, and bow users tend to have good resistance, making fighting tome users somewhat easier.

I wish I can like tomes better, but tome users refuse to land their hits often enough.

Bold: I would've gone "What?", but the base stats for most bow classes confirm it.

That said, I can't decide atm.

Edited by Levant Colthearts