Post your Super Mario Maker levels!

Alex95

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It really depends on the type of level. "Switch Base Jump" is a one screen gimmick level that took about 5 minutes to make, but "Moles on Ice" took at least an hour or two, including a lot of time spent refining. Refining your level is veeery important.

I've made a new level: Bowser's Last Stand - 8720-0000-01CB-0F2C

As usual, don' forget to comment and star if you like it.

This level was actually pretty good, so I gave it a star. Here are some tips to make it even better.

1. Two rows of brick blocks, each occupied by a hammer brother. This is a classic obstacle, but it is also generic and overused in Mario Maker. You should add a different kind of enemy, change the block layout, or do something else to make it a challenging obstacle that's unique to your level.

2. The first P-switch is used to open a door and nothing else. Either the P-switch should have additional depth (Ex: coins that can act as extra platforms), or you should add respawning enemies so the search for the switch isn't boring.

3. With the P-Switch ticking away after the doors, I rushed to the next platform, which is entirely covered by the chain chomp without a safe zone. This platform should be one or two blocks wider.

4. A speed-runner like myself jumped past your first pipe and into the lava. You should have a wall to stop players from going to the right, instead of punishing them for rushing in the single direction your level has been guiding them.

5. The bob-omb wall is way too simple, and should be changed or removed.

6. Place the second fire cheep so it can be avoided or remove it.

7. The "boss" fight is repetitive and easy. Change or remove it.

Edited by Zera

I'd really appreciate stars on this one: 20BE-0000-017D-D673

I don't want Nintendo removing it due to lack of stars. It's my proudest creation, I spent like two hours on it.

Even if Nintendo removes your level, you can just re-upload it.

1. Some parts of your level have really long, perfectly flat terrain. You should try and vary the terrain more in these parts; pipes and pits work fine.

2. The hammer bros after the moving platform and before the boss area are ridiculous - there is no way to win without powerups. One hammer bro on flat ground does not require powerups, anything more usually does, unless they're on high or low platforms.

Even if Nintendo removes your level, you can just re-upload it.

1. Some parts of your level have really long, perfectly flat terrain. You should try and vary the terrain more in these parts; pipes and pits work fine.

2. The hammer bros after the moving platform and before the boss area are ridiculous - there is no way to win without powerups. One hammer bro on flat ground does not require powerups, anything more usually does, unless they're on high or low platforms.

I don't think you can, actually. So again...I'd really appreciate stars.

About Hammer Bros....you can just skip them! ;): And I do provide power ups, it ain't my fault if you lose them.

Edited by Fire Emblem Fan

1. Two rows of brick blocks, each occupied by a hammer brother. This is a classic obstacle, but it is also generic and overused in Mario Maker. You should add a different kind of enemy, change the block layout, or do something else to make it a challenging obstacle that's unique to your level.

When I make a level, I always go for something that would be in an actual Mario game.

3. With the P-Switch ticking away after the doors, I rushed to the next platform, which is entirely covered by the chain chomp without a safe zone. This platform should be one or two blocks wider.

I can get past it fine.

4. A speed-runner like myself jumped past your first pipe and into the lava. You should have a wall to stop players from going to the right, instead of punishing them for rushing in the single direction your level has been guiding them.

I put an arrow over the pipe to show you where to go. It's not my fault that you chose to ignore it.

6. Place the second fire cheep so it can be avoided or remove it.

I give you a power-up before and after the second Cheep. You should be thankful that I did.

7. The "boss" fight is repetitive and easy. Change or remove it.

The bosses in the main series Mario games are always easy. Besides, there's not really much that the game allows you to do with Bowser.

Edited by NinjaMonkey

Just uploaded a new 12th course from today and it's a recreation course based off from the manga and anime series called "Akame ga Kill!". I used the elements from the course make it more like from the actual Akame ga Kill such as:

• Tatsumi - Link costume
  • Leone - Feyline (Monster Hunter Cat) costume
  • Akame - Ashley costume
  • Mine - Peach costume
  • Bulat - Ike costume
  • Lubbock - Fox McCloud costume
  • Incursio - Super Star
  • Teigus/Imperial Arms of Spectator from Zanku in the first part and Extase from Kaku in the second part - Goomba Shoe
  • Pumpkin - Red Bullet Blaster with the Brick Block covered
  • Rest of the enemies such as Dry Bones are the dead things, Green Koopa Troopa are the soldiers, Bowser Jr. in Koopa Clown Car is Aira, Hammer Bro with Cannon and Chain Chomp are Seryu Ubiquitous and Coro/Koro, Giant Bowser in the end of the course is the Emperor in his Teigu/Imperial Arms, etc.

Akame ga Kill! ID: 94AB-0000-01D1-0576

And also, my course "Defeat Bowser with Munchers?!" was shown in the previous GameXplain video from last Saturday. But, Andre didn't managed to finish the course and he was near at the end of the course.

Edited by Mike Jones

How do you keep getting your courses to show at GameXplain?!! I wanna see someone try to play my levels.....

You need a twitter account and post in the Hashtag required as #PlayMyLevelGameXplain. They stream in Saturday Morning around in 11am or 12pm in YouTube (I don't know what timezone shows in other states and countries, but this was the time I see the stream in California). The one I posted the Defeat Bowser with Munchers?! course was around in 9am in Californian time. I recommended post it before 10 am or 11am so Andre, Derrick, or Ash won't miss your checking your course.

And now we have anime characters in Super Mario Maker

That's Chitoge Kirisaki from the anime Nisekoi, BTW.

For the record, I'm all for more anime characters costumes in SMM. Can we get Ika Musume next?

And now we have anime characters in Super Mario Maker

That's Chitoge Kirisaki from the anime Nisekoi, BTW.

For the record, I'm all for more anime characters costumes in SMM. Can we get Ika Musume next?

I did read the Nisekoi False Love manga up to Volume 4, but since Chitoge is added as a Mystery Mushroom costume, I just wondered would what's the next Manga or Anime character going to get a costume for Super Mario Maker? And also, since she is a Shonen Jump character, I just wondered if they can make Goku, Naruto, Luffy, Toriko, or any other Shonen Jump protagonists as a new costume in the future after Chitoge? Plus that, I did made a funny Miiverse drawing for Super Mario Maker with Luffy asking Chitoge why she got her costume in SMM. (since both of the are Shonen Jump characters)

And also, I got my courses shown with the help of NintendoThumb from YouTube. He managed to show Blood Runs Red (Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance), Chosen by Fates - Dohlr Keep (Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon), Ice Caves (Zoda's Revenge: StarTropics II), Defeat Bowser with Munchers?!, and Akame ga Kill!. (But, it's also kind of strange that Seryu Ubiquitous & Kosaki Onodera both share the Japanese voice actress and I posted this course from a few days ago. :blink: )

Edited by Mike Jones

Andre from GameXplain just discovered today that the Wolf Amiibo that they got from The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD from Nintendo for their reviews and playthroughs of The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD is indeed compatible in Super Mario Maker and they confirmed that the Wolf Link costume is set at #132 (they said that at the comments). And plus, the Wolf Link does use the sound clips from the original The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess game.

The compatibility list that have Super Mario Maker down that didn't have marked Wolf Link as incompatible is definitely indeed incorrect and we might possibly going to have the Roy, Ryu, Cloud, Corrin, and Bayonetta amiibo be compatible to Super Mario Maker and they can might get the costumes added to Super Mario Maker.

And also, Andre did add a recreation course of the Bridge of Eldin from The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess that they did showed off with their Wolf Link amiibo that they just added in their copy of Super Mario Maker. But, I managed get to test out the Wolf Link costume in his course and the costume looks pretty cool also.

9A23-0000-01DB-1755

And also, I just got up to a total of 88 Stars right now in my Nintendo Network account for Super Mario Maker. I'm working on a new course called "Bowser Took Over GameXplain". But, I'm still almost done making the The Verge of History course (the only thing I need is an Robin amiibo) and I still haven't chosen which chapter to do for a recreation course based off from Fire Emblem: Binding Blade and I'm planning on getting the Roy amiibo and use that for the course.

Edited by Mike Jones

Will you stop talking down to me? Jeez, act like a jerk in the Metroid thread, tell me my levels are bad...jeez.

I can't upload more levels until I have enough stars, so...

Play my airship level and Graveyard of Terror, I've been told they're two of my best (along with Bowser's Domain).

Edited by Fire Emblem Fan