[SOVLED][FE7] Death Quote triggers are only for Part 1

Avril Lavigne

You know how in the Nightmare Modules there is Death Quote editor Part 1 and Death Quote editor Part 2/3?

Well I tested it on a chapter very late into the game and noticed that none of my Part 2 Quotes are actually changing. I would adjust some things on a Part 2/3 death quote to test it and it would not change AT ALL! I tested it in early chapters and in late chapters. No change. I adjusted the quotes... nothing. I would do ANYTHING. I would trigger Game Over ID and nothing.

Then I would adjust Part 1 death quote and it magically worked. Not cool because Part 1 only deals with event pointers which is a lot harder to fool around with then it just letting me type in the text ID and I don't want to do that forever. I need help. I think it just thinks in Lyn Mode or something and I need to get it into Eliwood or Hector mode.

How would I fix this issue?

Edited by Avril Lavigne

Change the game to Eliwood mode?

I mean like I think that the ROM is in "Part 1" which may be considered "Lyn Mode". You know how Lyn's chapter Banner's are like a green and Eliwoods are more a blue?

That's kind of what I meant. I dunno. All I know is that my Death Quote Editor isn't working.

Yeah, so change the game to Eliwood mode.

Unless of course you want to keep Lyn mode... in which case you're SOL and will have to just use the Part 1 DQ editor and do them as events. To be honest I actually find that they work better as events anyway! Sometimes the Trigger IDs play up.

Edited by Agro