Hard Mode Invisible Kingdom Final Boss Stats

astrophys

So, earlier, I posted a topic similar to this for Lunatic Final Boss stats, based on watching YouTube videos for playthroughs, because I hadn't seen such information posted yet elsewhere.

Even checking a few days ago, places like the Fire Emblem Wikia didn't have the Hard Mode stats for this boss (while they did have Normal Mode and Lunatic Mode stats).

Thus, both for anyone who is interested on these forums, plus for anyone who edits that Wiki who wants this information, I'll provide it.

Source is omegaevolution's playthrough video on YouTube, "

Fire Emblem: Fates / If - Invisible Kingdom Final Chapter and Ending [ファイアーエムブレムif]"

And, for the enemy data (the names I use will be descriptive, as I cannot read the actual Japanese names)

Left Arm: Level 40, 61/61 HP, Skills: Dragonskin and Status Immunity, 58 Attack [physical], 9 Crit, 147 Hit, 52 Avoid, Breath Rank: A, 26 Str, 16 Mag, 22 Skl, 22 Spd, 19 Luck, 26 Def, 18 Res

Information visible at 8 minutes, 19 seconds

Right Arm: Level 40, 61/61 HP, Skills: Dragonskin and Status Immunity, 58 Attack [physical], 9 Crit, 147 Hit, 52 Avoid, Breath Rank: A, 26 Str, 16 Mag, 22 Skl, 22 Spd, 19 Luck, 26 Def, 18 Res

Basically, unless I've made an error, its identical to the left arm

Information visible at 9 minutes, 04 seconds

Anankos' Head: Level 40, 80/80 HP, Skills: Dragonskin and Status Immunity, 62 attack [physical], 11 crit, 155 Hit, 60 Avoid, Breath Rank: A, 30 Str, 20 Mag, 26 Skill, 26 Spd, 23 Lck, 30 Def, 22 Res

Information visible at 11 minutes, 35 seconds

Anankos' Core: Level 40, 80/80 HP, Skills: Dragonskin and Status Immunity, 48 attack [magical], 13 crit, 170 hit, 70 avoid, Breath Rank: S, 35 Str, 25 Mag, 31 Skl, 31 Spd, 28 Lck, 35 Def, 27 Res

Information available at 14 minutes, 05 seconds

----> These hard mode stats aren't much different than Lunatic… the boss gains three points of strength that it cannot use [because it has a magic weapon] and 1 point in defense and resistance for this final stage when in Lunatic as opposed to Hard Mode.

So, even if I "role-play" my asset and flaw, taking ones that don't necessarily make sense just because I feel they fit with "me", I can still quite easily get a setup on the Avatar that will beat it.

WALL OF TEXT follows

We all know that the Avatar leans physically with their stat growth…. so let's consider a +MAG/-STR to demonstrate that it can still be done even with such a character without that much problems…

+MAG/-STR Avatar, leveled through Nohr Prince, Dark Blood, Dark Knight, and Trueblade, (optionally, White Blood to pick up Hoshido).

20/20 estimates (for a particular combination of levels in these classes that I assumed, but different combinations will get results that aren't that different)….

42 HP, 25 Str, 32 Mag, 23 Skl, 31 Spd, 25 Lck, 21 Def, 20 Res [before Yato effects]

Assumed Skills: Bind + Swordfaire (others like Hoshido, Dragon's Fang, Nohr, etc., might be there, but aren't essential to the calculations)

Bind is from Dark Knight. Swordfaire is useful even to a magic build as you can use Levin Swords too… but in this case its boosting Yato… but as for magic usage:

32 Magic + 3 weapon rank atk + 11 might from Levin Sword + 5 atk from Swordfaire --> 51 attack behind that Levin Sword… the Generals on that map have 19 RES, so you can deal 32 x 2 = 64 damage to them, which exceeds their HP [before the triangle… at advantage, 66, at disadvantage, 56 which misses the kill by 1 point…. but a tonic, stat booster, pair-up, or lucky RNG can easily fix that) … Dark Knights have 21 RES, so you deal 30 x 2 damage to them, which again exceeds their HP, same with 9 RES Berserkers; 42 x 2 damage;

Yato (16 Might, +4 STR, for +20 attack)

A rank swords (+3 Atk)

Swordfaire (+5 Atk)

Beautiful Flower (+1 atk)

Encouragement (+2 atk)

Bewitching Flower (+3 atk) [note, these auras are not mandatory; they can be replaced with other damage sources; for example, Gunther himself in pair-up could give Absolute Offense for +3 and Great Knight for +2, which could replace 5 points of these; and you could then use a source for the below list to make up the extra 1]

+ any source of there or more extra attack (pair-up like Holy Lancer, Great Knight, etc.), tonics + energy drop or two energy drops, rally strength, battle command + tonic or battle command + drop, etc. Its easily done regardless. Alternately, some of these sources can be used to replace the aura effects gained from the royal sisters.

62 ATK

-35 DEF

= 27 damage before Dragonskin

27 x 0.75 (Yato ignores half of the Dragonskin reduction) --> 20 damage

Yato gives +4 SPD when in possession; 31+4 = 35 speed. As a Katana, it gives +1 SPD and -1DEF/RES when equipped. 36 speed. So without any extra help Kamui/Corrin already meets the requirement to double the boss.

20 x 2 damage. Heal Kamui if necessary between attacks and dance for him with Azura. Then deal 20 x 2 damage again. Easy win vs. the final phase.

As for accuracy: this Corrin has 47 hit from skill + luck effects, plus 85 from Yato, for 132 in total. The boss has 70 avoid, which would put hit at 62. But you have Bind, so the boss goes down to 50 avoid, putting you at 82% hit.

You can be in attack stance to do this, which will give you at least 10 hit, bring you up to 92% at least; and many S-rank attack stances would put you at +15 hit at least, which would be 97%. Or even in Guard stance, we see in the source video that a pair-up surrounded on three sides by other units was giving omegaevolution's female Avatar +14 hit, so stuff like that is definitely obtainable…. Or you could even use Gunther for his Absolute offense (+3 damage, +15 hit, not to mention that in pair-up he'd give another +2 damage on top of that)

Regardless, that's already getting us to 96% or 97% hit. Throw on a skill tonic and a luck tonic (or have used the permanent stat booster versions of them), or rally skill/luck, whatever, and you'll push yourself up to 100% hit.

As for damage…. this form of the boss will deal 48-23=25 damage to you, BEFORE considering Auras… if you're next to Camilla and Elise, that's -4 damage at least, -8 if Elise has Battle command and Demoiselle. So that would be 17 damage… easily survivable; you wouldn't even need to heal in between. Even without Battle Command or Demoiselle, that would still be -4 damage, so 21 damage taken, which could be easily be healed between battles

The boss has 13 crit… this example set up has a predicted 25 luck, so 12 crit evade… until you consider Yato gives +10 crit evade… so you'll have 22 crit evade….. as such, you won't sustain a crit.

At this point, assuming that our stats worked out somewhat like the average predictions (and if not, we can correct for this with stat-boosters), we have a 100% guaranteed kill of the last form… 100% accuracy, 20 x 2 damage the first time, then getting danced to do another 20 x 2 damage to kill the boss with 100% hit rate (and thanks to Azura's Special Song, +3 Skill and Luck, for 6 more hit as well, although we don't need it). The boss will not do lethal damage and what is done can easily be healed. The boss has 0% chance of getting a crit against us.

As for the physical form, there is a predicted 24 defense when using the Yato against 62 physical attack; 38 damage would be taken, which is survivable and can be healed if needed. Although my analysis is focused on the magical form….

And again, this was with a -STR assumption, which is a poor idea for a STR-based Yato user… and we still get it work fairly easily… a +STR type (or at least not -STR) will likely hit the thresholds more easily.

Edited by astrophys

Good point.

So that would mean between taking out the head and the final stage that you didn't have any characters in position who couldn't survive the 48 magic damage and 13 crit after healing and fixed damage reduction effects are accounted for.

Then you could move characters into position as needed for the final round.

My main qualm, justified or not, is that the "some" of the bosses don't attack, which more or less removes the dangerous factor. Presumably it's not as bad on the higher difficulties, but..I don't know.

Which ones? Hoshido Normal, the final boss didn't really do anything, but this is the easiest mode of the game. Nohr Hard and Invisible Kingdom Hard, each side's end-game bosses were always fighting back on their turns. I'm on Hoshido Lunatic right now and I'm sure it will be just as aggressive on this difficulty as it is on the others--unless Hoshido is a joke mode or something lol

Good point.

So that would mean between taking out the head and the final stage that you didn't have any characters in position who couldn't survive the 48 magic damage and 13 crit after healing and fixed damage reduction effects are accounted for.

Then you could move characters into position as needed for the final round.

Invisible Hard, Velour and Flannel took out the final boss for me. Flannel was his normal class with high defense and 55 HP, and Velour was a Dreadfighter with around 33 defense and resistance and 51 HP. Their innate skills healed them every other turn, and some physics aided from afar.

Velour actually had 18% crit chance but never activated :/