Type combinations and abilities you want to see next gen?

Thane

Hello everyone.

I guess the title explains it all. What type combinations and abilities do you want to see in the next generation? You can include typings that already exists as well as unique ones. I also want to hear what secondary typings you want the starters to have, if any.

Personally, I want the starter grass Pokémon to have a secondary electric typing, since it's only one of Rotom's form who's got that combination right now, and it's even a decent defensive addition for a grass type; it'd also help with those pesky birds.

I want the water type to have a secondary bug typing for grass types; we already have one bug/water type, but it sadly evolves into yet another bug/flying.

I don't want the fire starter to have any secondary typings, since Typhlosion is the only one which is mono fire. For the love of all that's holy, just don't turn it into another fire/fighting; seriously, what were they thinking when they made that three times in a row?

As for other Pokémon, I want an ice/electric or an ice/fire. There are far too few ice types, and a lot of them are pretty darn bad anyway. They desperately need some love.

As for abilities, I really want to see an ability that makes rock type moves deal less damage, or lets you at least ignore entry hazards. I also want to see an ability that deals well with steel types, which I think are still far too good defensively.

Edited by Thane

Ooh, this is more trickier than I thought. I'd like to see a lot more of a variety for type combinations in general. Not just for starters or types with not many Pokémon, just stuff that hasn't been seen much of or at all. Stuff like Dragon/Fairy that isn't Mega Altaria or Fire/Electric that isn't Heat Rotom (Which could work perfectly for a Heliolisk evolution) or even the unseen Ice combinations you listed.

Starter types I'd like to see:

Fire/Water They'll make it Fire/Fighting, who am I kidding?

Water/Grass

Grass/Fire

Other Type combinations I want to see:

Fire/Fairy

Fairy/Dark

Fairy/Ghost

Fighting/Ghost

Fighting/Dragon

More Ghost/Dragon

Fighting/Ground

More Fairy/Dragon

Normal/Ghost

Ice/Steel

Poison/Steel

More Ice/Electric

Fairy/Fighting

More Grass/Electric

Edited by Tsunami922

Before Gen 6 rolled around, I was pretty hyped for a possible Grass/Dark, Fire/Psychic, Water/Fighting starter trio, but was disappointed (with a number of things about the starters, really) to see that they messed that up. While deep down, I'm reluctant for the continuation of Pokemon, maybe they could grant me that one wish, and it'd all be cool in the end.

I would like to see a Normal/Ghost, it's a very interesting combination, and also a Fairy/Ground, it's the perfect type combination for a dwarf pokemon.

Also, new items would be cool,

for example, there could be a hold item that swaps a pokemon's attack and sp.attack.

It would be very useful for many pokemon, like Sceptile, Absol, Gourgeist, Banette, Aggron and so on.

I would like to see a Normal/Ghost, it's a very interesting combination, and also a Fairy/Ground, it's the perfect type combination for a dwarf pokemon.

These two. These two so much. Another type combination I want to see is Fire/Grass.

Fire/Dragon

Water/Dragon

Ground/Dragon

Ice/Dragon

Steel/Dragon (would be cool)

Ghost/Dragon (would also be cool)

I love Dragons. You can never have enough dragons.

Fire/Ice (want to see how they make it happen)

Ground/Electric (see above)

Poison/Ice (I like the concept of that one)

More Fire/Water

More Fire/Steel

More Water/Grass (Ludicolo is ugly IMO)

More Water/Electric

More Poison/Dark

More Dark/Dragon

Edit: I'm biased against the Fairy type because of how broken it is competitively. So in reality, I don't want to see any more Fairy type combinations, especially Fairy/Dragon.

Edited by Tragonight

Fire/Dragon

Water/Dragon

Ground/Dragon

Ice/Dragon

Steel/Dragon (would be cool)

Ghost/Dragon (would also be cool)

I love Dragons. You can never have enough dragons.

Fire/Ice (want to see how they make it happen)

Ground/Electric (see above)

Poison/Ice (I like the concept of that one)

More Fire/Water

More Fire/Steel

More Water/Grass (Ludicolo is ugly IMO)

More Water/Electric

More Poison/Dark

More Dark/Dragon

Edit: I'm biased against the Fairy type because of how broken it is competitively. So in reality, I don't want to see any more Fairy type combinations, especially Fairy/Dragon.

There's already a Ground/Electric, it's Stunfisk.

And wouldn't call the Fairy type broken, it's very good, but not really broken, if you want to see competitively broken types, it's Gen 1 Psychic type and Gen 5 Fighting type, and Dragon types in all gens.

Or the reason you are biased against Fairy type is because they were created to nerf the Dragon type?

Edited by Water Mage

Fairy's broken competitively? That's news to me - I always thought Fairy was good competitively, but not broken.

Dragon/Fairy and not mega Dragon/Fire.Normal/Water maybe too.

We already have a Normal/Water in Bibarel. Though I'd like to see other Pokemon with that typing.

Edited by Levant Colthearts

• 2 weeks later...