RUGBY WORLD CUP 2015 [18th September - 31st October]

Raven

Welp. The British and Irish teams are now all removed from the tournament.

64e090eac9.png

2826f3e215.png

Wales held the lead up until there were 5 minutes left, until SA broke through a gap in the defenses and put down an unconverted try. Sad, but nobody was actually expecting Wales to win with their injury-stricken squad. But yet we came so close to winning, it's a little bit disappointing.

New Zealand handily cleared out the French, but I think people expected a little bit more resistance, to say the least. France broke like dry twigs.

The one surprise result. Ireland were expected to make it into the top 3 this tournament, yet got defeated convincingly by the undergods Argentina. It seems that everyone underestimates this team, and they come back to bite when you least expect it.

This was a close as fuck game. Scotland were leading right up to the last fucking minute, and ended up giving a penalty away to the Australians. The points earned from the penalty kick were just enough to put Australia in the lead by one point as the final whistle blew. I feel sorry for this team and their fans more than any other this tournament. This would have been the fourth upset of the tournament had Scotland won (alongside Japan beating South Africa, Wales beating England (resulting in England's removal during group stages), and Argentina beating Ireland in their Quarter-Finals game).

You can see which teams remain, and it's hard to argue that New Zealand will brush past this struggling South Africa team.

On the other side, it's really hard to tell after Australia struggled so much against Scotland, and Argentina beating Ireland so convincingly. Australia should be scared, and Argentina should try their damned hardest to keep up the pace they had against Ireland.

I watched that Scotland/Australia game. Australia should have won that game midway through the 2nd half but they let Scotland back into it. Scotland put 10 points on the board in the final 11 minutes and Australia looked shot at that point until the penalty with 30 seconds left.

Don't expect the South Africans to beat the All-Blacks but it'll be a good game regardless.

Edited by Jim Moriarty

I'm not sure if Japan is still in the Game...if so...

GO JAPAN!!!!!!!

The Captain is Fijian...I think....

GO JAPAN!!!!!!!

New post edited:

Awww Fuck...Japans not in...

Aaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrgggggggggghhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

Edited by Ryu Yabusa

They were in during the group stages, but South Africa and Scotland finished above them, resulting in Japan's leave of the tournament.

But they did pull one of the greatest upsets in Rugby history; beating South fucking Africa.

So a Welshman, Irishman, Scotsman and Englishman all walk into a pub...

Oh wait, my bad. Only the Englishman does because the other three are watching the Rugby World Cup.

• 3 weeks later...