What is a reasonable prediction for Kamui's level progression at various points in the game (no-grind)?

astrophys

i.e., assuming fairly regular play, no grind, no particular low manning, but taking advantage of stuff like Noble Lineage and using Kamui as is sensible, at what point (as in chapters) in the various routes are you likely to be hitting various benchmarks?

Like level 10/0 (get your second skill), level 20/0 (promote without losing out on pre-Eternal Seal levels), 20/5 (your first promoted skill), 20/15 (your high level promoted skills) and 20/20 (max level pre-Eternal seal)? Is it a fairly good assumption that your Kamui will hit 20/20 by Endgame, from a combination of Noble Lineage and using them the most due to them being your Lord? Or does the diminishing returns hurt their chances of this by too much?

I want to know as I'm making various projects of Kamui's endgame stats as a test of the feasibility of him taking on various bosses with his average stat outcomes.

The exp formula means it's less likely to fluctuate (over time, the exp formula will "bring you back down" to "your target level")

Difficulty doesn't seem to affect CEXP, but it affects healing exp (not sure about dance exp). I think anyway

It's hard to tell what's the "normal" number of enemies you defeat

If both units are at the same Level, exp gained = 30 per kill. It also depends on how many bosses you feed, but all it'll result in is sort of having Kamui 2 levels higher than the rest of the army, because the exp formula still will keep you down.

It's not entirely possible to tell though, hmm.....

I'll try to see if I can do anything about this, but one thing of note is that Nohr enemies do appear to be higher leveled than Hoshido/Invisible Kingdom, so you would be higher leveled in Nohr.

E.G. In Invisible Kingdom, Chap 6-8 will require a lot of use of Kamui (and even then it might drag on to the others if you use a no grind rule and depending on the difficulty.). Kamui will probably hit Level 10 by this point in all routes I think....

I don't recall it very clearly.

In any case, like, Chapter 10 or so you get Level 10 units, so the game clearly expects you to have your units at that Level by then. It's not that difficult, I think...

I don't have much paralogue info, but I'll try to see when enemy levels themselves hit the Levels in question

(On second thought, I'm not sure again, there are more enemies on the harder difficulties, so they would probably reduce CEXP gain to compensate...)

Assuming I have this right, enemies will have transitioned to all Promoted Enemies by around Chap 18.

Normally you'd be around a few Levels higher. I think some people might have promoted really early, but I think Chapter 16 is a fair (maybe a bit early) timing for 20/1

20/5 can be hit before Chapter 20 probably. 20/15 though, will come fairly late uhm...it depends...

On Hoshido/Invisible Kingdom, I think it should be around like.. I dunno, 24+ at the very earliest or so. (The enemies are 20/10 around this point). The enemies only really hit 20/15 by Hoshido/Invisible Kingdom Endgame, so how far you go, I have no idea

In Nohr, I only have like three sets of data at this point, but it seems enemies jump from Level 12? in N24, to Level 16 in N25. I know all enemies at 20/20 in N27/NE, so it's not too ridiculous to hit 20/20 by Chapter 24. 20/15 is probably possible by 22 or 23, though probably not earlier or so

Edited by CocoaGalaxy

Although I don't know what it the EXP formula is, it typically brings/keep characters in-line with whatever they're fighting across the course of the game provided they're being used in combat enough. I've found that EXP pretty much slows to a crawl 5 levels above an enemy so a rough rule of thumb for Corrin would be that he or she will typically be 0-5 levels higher than the most common enemy level in a chapter provided he/she promotes at level 20.

My recent lunatic Nohr playthough:

Dragon Fang: Chapter 7 (10/0).

Promoted to Dark Blood: Chapter 15 (20/1). (Chapter 17 for other units.)

Nohr: Chapter 23. (20/15). (Chapter 24/25 for other units except Camilla.)

20/20: Chapter 26. (Lv19 EXP90 at the beginning.)

Edited by Tooru