Best Units & Classes

HappyHawlucha

Yeah, both Luna and Charlotte's promotions (Hero/Bow Knight or Hero/Berserker) both give +3 SPD, and by S-rank both of them will give Xander +2 more speed personally, so they'd give him +5 SPD in pair-up at S-rank.

Charlotte's personal is +3 STR, +2 Spd, so she gives: +8 Str, +5 Spd as a Berserker or +3 Str, +3 Skl, +5 Spd, +2 Def as a hero.

Luna's personal is +1 Str, +1 Skl, +2 Spd, and +1 Def, so she gives: +1 Str, +4 Skl, 5 Spd, +3 Def as a Hero and +1 Str, +4 Skl, +5 Spd, +1 Def, and +1 Move as a Bow Knight.

Basically, Charlotte really cranks up Xander's offense, while Luna gives him slightly more defense or can boost his movement range instead.

Both will make him equally fast.

Also if you're into that, they both grant him some good class swaps if you want any skills from it. (At least Brave Hero/Hero is a good one.)

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Xander is probably one of the few units that I'd recommend sol for, and I'm fairly biased against sol, so that's one thing.

At least he has the defense and range to use it very well

Come to think of it, Effie would probably do well with sol as well..somewhat I guess...

Edited by CocoaGalaxy

Xander is probably one of the few units that I'd recommend sol for, and I'm fairly biased against sol, so that's one thing.

Come to think of it, Effie would probably do well with sol as well..somewhat I guess...

Is he that easily doubled or something?

Is he that easily doubled or something?

Uhm..the main thing I find in this game that, it may not be easy to double, but it's not easy to get doubled.

For Xander, the main thing that will be doubling him (as long as his speed somewhat keeps up) are Trueblades and Ninjas, which will do "no damage" against him.

Do be careful though, Speed Seal or Silver Shuriken may drop his speed and he'll start getting doubled by the more dangerous enemies

(Xander is pretty much almost always going to be in a +Speed Guard Stance. It would be nice if he could get a +Speed +Defense one, but I'm not sure if there is such a thing)

(I don't know the stats very well, but for example, enemies have 30-38 strength around Endgame.)

(I'd be more concerned about the magic users who 2hko Xander, but at least he'll hurt them pretty badly in return. Xander is also strong enough to 1HKO some enemies sometimes. Sometimes....)

Edited by CocoaGalaxy

A General uses Javelin a lot for counter, but it can't trigger Sol. If you have Pieri’s Little-lance, it will be better.

Effie's Skl is not high, anyway. I think her Sol will please us sometimes when it is not so necessary.

Royals on each route. A speed dumped Leo is arguably better than Cam due to 1-2 but Marx has greater claim to a speed dump. Kaze and Silas on both routes for high availability and utility. Pretty much anyone with a ton a of availability is good on either route save like, Rinka but she can work I think.

As for classes, the weapon locked classes have some pretty ridiculous raw offense and skills.

As for classes, the weapon locked classes have some pretty ridiculous raw offense and skills.

Maybe my tune will change when I actually play the game, but I'm not really sold on the weapon locked classes, ESPECIALLY Berserker.

Zerker is nothing special outside of min maxing, but it does have the highest crit bonus. Oh right you hate crit prone things. Anyway, there is zero drawback to weapon locked classes because they brought back reaver weapons.

Zerker is nothing special outside of min maxing, but it does have the highest crit bonus. Oh right you hate crit prone things. Anyway, there is zero drawback to weapon locked classes because they brought back reaver weapons.

You can only buy so many of those (and those are unbuyable on Nohr, too)...

Edited by Levant Colthearts

Speaking of Camilla, would it be worth to swap her over to Wyvern Lord, or is the magic damage/1-2 range from Rev Knight's tomes useful on her despite her poor mag?

Well this might be usefull for enemis with low resistance i can tell, for sure still safer than use hammers vs some defense monsters like Shura or Blacksmith.

The usefulness of the tomes only goes down as the game progresses.

It's really up to you. It might be possible to ORKO with Fimbulvetr/Rainarok if you make it there, but not a thunder tome (and leveling weapon ranks in this game is an utter pain without grinding) (Lack of numbers on enemy resistance). She'll pretty much be doing better with a Hand Axe or Iron/Steel/Silver most of the time it would be.

(I personally prefer Wyvern Lord as well, though it might or might not be worth it to keep her in Revenant Knight for the skills. I dunno)

Speaking of Camilla, would it be worth to swap her over to Wyvern Lord, or is the magic damage/1-2 range from Rev Knight's tomes useful on her despite her poor mag?

It's best to just focus on her strengths. Wyvern Lord is a much better class not only stat wise, but growth wise too.

However, if you reclass her to dark mage, she could have enough magic to make Revenant work.

It's best to just focus on her strengths. Wyvern Lord is a much better class not only stat wise, but growth wise too.

However, if you reclass her to dark mage, she could have enough magic to make Revenant work.

... Or with a little of luck : P

Well both classes works for her, but Revenant to make good use of tomes need a little of grind i feel, unfortunally, for me it's about preference, both are good.

Nohr gives you plenty of magic users, mounted or unmounted, that are way better than Camilla. Don't even bother, I say.

Well if counting other magic users then i can agree with that, but remember tomes are secoundary of her weapons anyway. : P

My plan for Camilla was to reclass her at Level 15 so she gets Deadly Breath and Overbearing, then she'll have higher important bases/higher Spd cap/Swordbreaker. Could also reclass to Brave Hero/Zerker for some good skills but losing Mov and flight isn't great.

I want to have her go zerker on one run just because I'm excited for female berserkers out of bias and going to try to get as many of them as I can, but that will probably not be a very serious run.

Also probably IK. I'll need those parallel seals.

Meanwhile, I wonder if it's practical (with enough seals; I'll prolly give her all my seals if I do this) to dip into both hero and berserker but only for 5 levels in them total before going to end in wyvern lord (after berserker15 for axefaire)

like, revknight->hero11 hero12 hero13->berserker, berserker14, berserker15, skip axebreaker

The level 1 shop parallel seal has Camilia's name all over it. The girl gets pretty much a statistical increase across the board save mag (lol) and Res. She also has claim to the first arms scroll when she reaches B Axes so she can go to A Axes/D Lances (beastkillers).

Staying in Revenant is not worth her mediocre 1-2 range damage and you will literally never miss Overbearing or Deadly Breath because she kills everything she fights.

Edit: at least for Nohr, she never needs to leave Wyvern Lord and making her do so does more harm than good. Class hopping is pretty expensive.

Edited by Ownagepuffs

If you want Camilla to deal magic damage, a Bolt Axe is better than tomes.

But it seems that Hand Axe is better for range-2 most of the time...

Edited by Tooru