New ~Official Touhou Chat Thread~

deleted35362

poll title  

37 members have voted

1. 1. which is best touhou soundtrack?

Holy crap I'm alive

Alright I can get consistently get to stage 5 on eosd lunatic, but oh god this game goes on steroids between Hard and Lunatic, I'll tell you.

I see you've improved. Welcome to a lunatic world.

---

So I ran out of bombs on Patchy and captured her Trilithon Shake, Lava Cromlech, Mercury Poison and Forest Blaze. Then I proceeded to die three times without bombing on / after Sakuya and game over'd on Scarlet Gensokyo. fml

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I tried out EoSD and it went awful. For some reason I can't beat Cirno on Normal even though I've reached Stage 3/4 in PCB and IN on Normal and it's like I just...I don't know, this game does something to me. Also, Rumia's attacks make no sense, she uses way too many colours and types of bullets and her fighting style is more like a mish mash of generic fairy attacks than that of a darkness youkai.

I got my third gym badge on Purple and I have a CAlice and a CMeiling in their early 30, which Meiling evolution is the best.

Advent and Speed I think. i honestly dunno how to Meiling though

Also, Mountain of Faith looks fun.

Mountain of Faith is fun, but the final boss is pretty hard on Easy, and arguably harder than her Normal form. So 1ccing it on Easy is harder than you might expect from the bomb-spamming-friendly mechanics. Interestingly, it's one of the easier games to 1cc on Normal, at least imo.

Easy!Kanako is not harder than Normal!Kanako what.

It's only the final spell that's harder than the Normal variation. Normal overall has tougher patterns than Easy.

Easy!Kanako is not harder than Normal!Kanako what.

It's only the final spell that's harder than the Normal variation. Normal overall has tougher patterns than Easy.

There are opinions that some other stuff are also harder on Easy than Normal, like the green bullets in the final non or Otensui, and the fact that you can bombskip everything except the final spell is pretty important, I would think. There are people who consider Easy Kanako harder than Normal, even if not everyone agrees with that.

I got a new IN and it has everything unlocked so I tried my hand at the Extra stage. Needless to say, I am absolutely horrified what the heck.

As much as I love Extra Stages, I honestly wouldn't recommend you to try it at this point. They are only unlocked after 1ccing Normal Modes for a good reason, and I wouldn't recommend trying it out while you still have trouble with Easy. Furthermore, the nature of Extra Stages is very different from Story Mode imo, which would likely scare players that are accustomed to Easy/Normal Story Mode.

Also, I know there are people who would disagree with me on this, but I would suggest playing IN with a fresh score file. Sure, right now you would probably find it convenient to have everything unlocked, but in the future you'll become a much better player and you would wish that your file was purely composed of your own achievements. Not to mention, once you do unlock stuff for the first time, you'd feel a stronger sense of achievement if they were previously locked. And again, if you have a hard time with unlocking those stuff by your own effort, you probably wouldn't have too much success when trying them out via someone else's scorefile.

Edited by Rainbow

There are opinions that some other stuff are also harder on Easy than Normal, like the green bullets in the final non or Otensui, and the fact that you can bombskip everything except the final spell is pretty important, I would think. There are people who consider Easy Kanako harder than Normal, even if not everyone agrees with that.

Kanako's first spell, second non, and third spell on Normal are actually harder than the Hard/Lunatic variations. And certainly they're tougher than their Easy variations. Easy!Otensui just needs an entirely different approach, but otherwise it goes down faster than the other variations. Kanako overall on Normal is tougher than on Easy.

I got a new IN and it has everything unlocked so I tried my hand at the Extra stage. Needless to say, I am absolutely horrified what the heck.

not unlocking things yourself...

son i am disappoint

I used score dats for EoSD, SA, TD, and UFO's ex's

EoSD main game was just lame

SA was frustrating and I had more fun with the ex stage segment

UFO was similar to SA except I eventually cleared the ex before Normal.

TD I eventually unlocked the Ex on my own score dat and no longer needed it.

not unlocking things yourself...

son i am disappoint

Mom omg, I don't know how to take it off, I would if I could.

Also, does anyone know where I can get a Keine and the Aki Sisters in Purple without trading with another game?