deleted35362

poll title  

37 members have voted

1. 1. which is best touhou soundtrack?

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I literally JUST EXPLAINED why it's impossible (at least in IN)

It's not impossible, but it obviously isn't as easy as just changing the name. (or maybe it is and you just forgot to add the padding bytes)

And ZM, your achievements are lies.

Edited by Relick

It's not impossible, but it obviously isn't as easy as just changing the name. (or maybe it is and you just forgot to add the padding bytes)

And ZM, your achievements are lies.

I just retried it. Still a no sell. (All I did was copy a random PbP replay of mine and change the e in Glace to a space, while naming it th8_11. The game did not load it).

I just retried it. Still a no sell. (All I did was copy a random PbP replay of mine and change the e in Glace to a space, while naming it th8_11. The game did not load it).

Ah, I see. I just took a look at a bunch of different game's replays and some crash if you change the metadata at the bottom, some are fine, and some (i.e. EoSD/PCB) don't have metadata at all, but the metadata is purely for recognition when uploading, I'm guessing, since changing them doesn't seem to change anything in-game (leading me to believe all the data is encrypted with the rest of the replay - once again, still not impossible to change, but a lot of effort for sure).

Edited by Relick

/me sobs

I'm dying here

Proto's theory is the entire mass of gibberish may be interpreted using the metadata.

Even if it wasn't, editing the mass of gibberish by hand is too risky. Theorhetically possible, but risky.

Well, more like, the metadata is involved with the encryption+decryption scheme for the rest of the data. So if you mess up the metadata, then the replay won't be decrypted correctly, making it unwatchable.

But yeah, if someone knew exactly how the data was encrypted+decrypted, they could decrypt the replay with the old metadata, alter the metadata, and encrypt with the new metadata. Which is a lot of effort, as Kasha said.

But yeah, if someone knew exactly how the data was encrypted+decrypted, they could decrypt the replay with the old metadata, alter the metadata, and encrypt with the new metadata. Which is a lot of effort, as Kasha said.

Well, more like, the metadata is involved with the encryption+decryption scheme for the rest of the data. So if you mess up the metadata, then the replay won't be decrypted correctly, making it unwatchable.

That was something I thought about too, although it would only apply to IN I guess? because I could run the replay fine in DDC even after changing the metadata.

And you're an asshole.

Don't add on to my pet peeve!

I don't get why you're taking a joke so much to heart xD (hence why I said what I did)

How many cakes do you have?

I don't remember, I'VE EATEN THEM ALL!!!

Or if we are talking about Etrian Odyssey IV, I have about half of them...

But regarding Touhou...meh...I don't have any yet...

Yeah, Raiko's on the hard side and Marisa A blows.

MarisaA blows for sure, although I find Raiko pretty easy as far as EX bosses go. Unlike when facing Flan or Suwako I never felt like I was struggling with it.

Anyway, achievements. Biggest one is an almost HNB in DDC I guess, followed closely by DDC Lunatic 1cc. EoSD EX also has a special place in my heart.

I'm an entirely uninteresting person who gets taken advantage of quite easily.

I agree with the latter, but strongly disagree with the former.

I have a few achievements.

Biggest one is probably the IN Extra all clear.

I dunno, I think some of those timeouts are more amazing than IN Ex All-Clear...

DDC Extra (MarisaA) is probably my biggest achievement, though I've not gotten around to bothering to record my DDC replays yet.

> MarisaA

why

MarisaA blows for sure, although I find Raiko pretty easy as far as EX bosses go. Unlike when facing Flan or Suwako I never felt like I was struggling with it.

Suwako is mostly tricks while the challenge for Flan-chan is on resource management. So I think it's mostly your playstyle that causes you to struggle more with Flan-chan or Suwako than Raiko.

If you're good with skill-based bosses, hmmm, have you tried fighting Koishi yet?

My greatest achievement, based on difficulty, would be HRtP Normal Makai 1cc. But the achievement that I'm happiest about is PoFV Hard 1cc with Yuuka~

From the main shooters, toughest achievement would be SA Normal 1cc while my happiest achievement would be EoSD Ex Clear.