deleted35362

poll title  

37 members have voted

1. 1. which is best touhou soundtrack?

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And that's perfectly fine. There are some good things about LoLK (Ringo's fight as a whole, some assorted patterns here and there, the popcorn grazing noises are ear candy), so it's good to enjoy them to their fullest.

At least LoLK's better than IN. :smug:

I'd still take the bad reimu a's over any of the alternatives.

ex: i got my reimu a 1cc almost 2 weeks before I got my marisa 1cc in eosd lunatic.

well she also has the easiest patchy fight but still

Well, depends on what gives you more trouble: the bosses or the stages. If it's the stages like in my case, weak homing shots are very welcome against stage enemies and suffice against bosses. So yeah.

MarisaC is really good for MoF Lunatic if you can get past her hitbox and the positioning of the options.

I'm aware. MarisaA is really good, too. But like I said, on Lunatic I prefer being able to direct all of my attention towards dodging.

Speaking of ReimuB, you should use her over ReimuA. Better boss performance, and her stages aren't even too bad.

The bosses aren't the issue if I can just bomb them, but I can't bomb them if I already have to bomb the stages. :V

Yeah, I heard good things about it. I'll look into it, just haven't really been playing anything else other than Touhou and 100% OJ. XD

Wait, you play 100% OJ, too? I've been spending a ton of time with it~

This thread was safe from spoilers. I've been avoiding Fates spoilers too.

Maybe, but I didn't want to deal with spoilery avatars and stuff and blah. xD

Have you finished all routes in Fates, if you're here now?

Yup. Conquest Classic Normal, then Birthright Classic Hard, and finally Revelations Classic Lunatic.

Wow...

*pokes Raykitty to make sure he's real*

Ow. :<

*pokes back*

Lesson of the day: If you're actively refusing to adopt a nickname fad than everyone else is encouraging you to follow, your nickname will remain prominent well after the fad is over, unlike those who actually followed it :P

Well, not like I really care. :V

...you could at least call me Scarletkitty. :V

Hiiiii, and welcome back! How have you been, besides Touhou and Fates?

Thanks~

I've been managing I guess. Like I said, I haven't really done anything of note. xD

I think you mean "Why", not "How"

Well, that too, but it's just that for some reason I had totally screwed up the quote tags. xD

Way too many lives

Wait, what in the seven blazes

Did we actually play the same game

LoLK gives you, like, close to no Extends whatsoever. Even Ten Desires is more generous with Extends, and that's the one game in the series where you cannot even max out your lives no matter what you do lol. (MoF doesn't count because it for some reason caps extra lives at 9)

...or maybe I'm just not good enough at RUNNING AFTER BULLETS TO GRAZE THEM seriously screw you ZUN what were you on when you came up with that mechanic that's so unbelievably stupid

At least LoLK's better than IN. :smug:

No.

But anything that involves grazing is automatically the best

ZUN did it right in SA, so how did he manage to screw it up so bad in LoLK

I just don't get it

Yeah, I love Orange Juice! Fun fun.

Scarlet u wot

LoLK throws lives at you. Just get 200+ graze at the end of every chapter (you need 1 million points for an extend piece and 200 is the minimum, but graze as much as you can regardless. Boss nons and spells just need you to get 200 graze.).

Yeah, I love Orange Juice! Fun fun.

Neat! Which characters do you like best?

Scarlet u wot

LoLK throws lives at you. Just get 200+ graze at the end of every chapter (you need 1 million points for an extend piece and 200 is the minimum, but graze as much as you can regardless. Boss nons and spells just need you to get 200 graze.).

I know it's effectively just "get 200 Graze at 100% kills", but that's easier said than done, at least on Normal. It wouldn't surprise me if it was easier to get the life pieces on Lunatic, especially considering all the other inctedibly idiotic design choices ZUN has made in that game.

I also don't like milking spellcards for extra Graze, but at least up to this point it has never been necessary to do so for survival.

Like, seriously, as far as I recall, the last time I gave LoLK a shot, I got one Extend in Stage 1, one in Stage 4, and then Game Over'd against Clownpiece.

I like Hime, Yuki, and Fernet. Bought some DLC today too, gonna test out other characters. :3

Yeah, it's tougher to get graze in Normal mode than on higher difficulties.

Use Reisen. You'll 1cc LoLK in a snap.

practice each stage individually until you've got it all down pat.

Especially stage 4.

pcb is all memorization.

oh ok.

mima is layla and layla is mima

Mima is Sanae though cuz they got exactly the same colors

Stage 4.

And that was on a good run

If you want a benchmark (I know you're not there yet but it's good to have a reference):

Stage 1: memo the stage, bomb Yamame's opener if you get bad RNG (i.e. she moves too low). Learn everything else.

Stage 2: bomb Parsee's second nonspell (if required), Midnight Anathema Ritual (if required). Misdirect the first bubble of her first card to the left to make your life easier.

Stage 3: bomb if you suck at lasers like me. It's ok to die here once, I guess.

Stage 4: bomb the hell out of the stage the stage out of hell. Learn Satori's nonspells and first card. Safespot BoWaP (if you encounter it).

Stage 5: route / planned bomb the first half, be prepared to die on the midboss card. The rest of the stage is relatively trivial streaming / gapping. Also learn how to trivialize Orin's first two nonspells.

Stage 6: bomb vigilantly and you'll be fine. Safeline Ten Evil Stars. For Okuu's 3rd nonspell, sticking to the very bottom of the screen, directly below her will always be safe (only Lunatic, I believe).

But always, bombing > dying. My 1cc run had at least 3 instances of me dying with more than 2 power because "I think I can do this", and seriously, it's a crappy feeling. Also because that caused me a game over on Subterranean Sun.