1. 1. which is best touhou soundtrack?

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

your waifu's taken by me

kanako.png

IN is good, fight me.

Tfw everyone has a sukusuku and you're stuck with a walfas one.

*Fights.*

Happy mermaid is still best Stage 1

u are best stage 1

Edited by Hattusili I

I like Hime, Yuki, and Fernet. Bought some DLC today too, gonna test out other characters. :3

Ohhh, Hime. You have good taste. :3

Is there anyone else here playing 100% OJ? Feel like playing a couple of matches at some point?

Use Reisen. You'll 1cc LoLK in a snap.

Nah, I don't like Reisen. If I can't do it with Reimu or Marisa first, I just flat-out ain't doin' it.

sa lunatic is insane

Well, it's in the name. :V

guys whats some tips on not sucking at PcB?

Be SakuyaA and bomb every spellcard you have trouble with. Avoid bombing non-spells though, as they take barely any damage from bombs.

Good timing on your borders can also be extremely helpful, to the point you can actually get one or two extra Extends by collecting all the point items you'd otherwise miss in the busy parts of Stage 4 and 5.

For survival purposes, don't be afraid to use borders as a free bomb if they're about to run out and you don't feel comfortable with the bullets currently on-screen. Against Yuyuko in particular you get so many cherry points you can Border Break nearly constantly lol.

Edited by Scarlet

Ye Scarlet, I'd like to have your steam and everything. Hime is awesome taste. :3 Who do you use?

The thing is in LoLK, Reimu and Marisa are the ones that are tougher to use compared to Sanae and Reisen. So you might as well get a 1cc in it with one of the latter two before doing it with one of the former two. LoLK is just so bombspammy and Sanae's bombgrazing and Reisen's tanking are the most feasible for a first clear.

Reimu's decent for NB at least, last I checked.

Sanae is probably the best one all things considered, thanks to the Wily Toad lag giving her quite a bit of time to graze things while totally invincible. On top of being a very strong bomb.

Edited by Toyosatomimi no Miko

Reimu's the best for NB. Not even a contest right there.

Sanae's the best for scoring (which doesn't matter now) and either equal, slightly better, or slightly worse than Reisen at getting a Lunatic 1cc. Reisen's the best for getting 1ccs in Easy, Normal, and Hard. Sanae can't really exploit her bombgrazing in those difficulties as much as she does for Lunatic. She also has the weakest forward focus out of the four. At least her homing breaks stages and Wily Toad is great for bombskipping. But still, Reisen grants Normal/Hard 1ccs quite easier than Sanae does.

Edited by Zeems

Ye Scarlet, I'd like to have your steam and everything.

I'll send you a PM~

Hime is awesome taste. :3 Who do you use?

It'd be easier to list who I don't use, but I guess my most frequent picks tend to be Tomomo, Sherry, Alte, Sora and Syura.

The thing is in LoLK, Reimu and Marisa are the ones that are tougher to use compared to Sanae and Reisen. So you might as well get a 1cc in it with one of the latter two before doing it with one of the former two. LoLK is just so bombspammy and Sanae's bombgrazing and Reisen's tanking are the most feasible for a first clear.

I REFUSE, MY PRIDE WON'T ALLOW ME

Sanae is probably the best one all things considered, thanks to the Wily Toad lag giving her quite a bit of time to graze things while totally invincible. On top of being a very strong bomb.

Sanae again? She already was blatantly better than everyone else in UFO. What's up with that Sanae bias, ZUN? :<

Sanae again? She already was blatantly better than everyone else in UFO. What's up with that Sanae bias, ZUN? :<

Well, in fairness, UFO SanaeB was underpowered below 4.00 power, and TD Sanae was rather weak compared to the other shots, though she does have uses, what with her spread.

I'll send you a PM~

It'd be easier to list who I don't use, but I guess my most frequent picks tend to be Tomomo, Sherry, Alte, Sora and Syura.

I REFUSE, MY PRIDE WON'T ALLOW ME

Looking forward to it~

I want to try out Alte! She's the one I bought DLC with alongside Kyoko, Kyousuke, and Saki (who's so fucking cute).

I think you could defintely 1cc Normal with Reimu. But damn, you're gonna need to work for your graze.

Heh, not quite. SanaeB is definitely one of the best shots in UFO and is definitely the best when it comes to first clears, but ReimuA is no slouch either. Hell, even ReimuB is a contender.

And then there's TD Sanae, who's the worst shot in her game. Not bad by any means, just very mediocre.

I've played tons and tons of UFO while you were gone, and I learned a lot through a lot of fun, pain, tears, blood, and pleasure. ^^;

Is there anyone else here playing 100% OJ? Feel like playing a couple of matches at some point?

*raises hand*

I haven't played it as much lately, but I'd be down to play it some.

Well, in fairness, UFO SanaeB was underpowered below 4.00 power, and TD Sanae was rather weak compared to the other shots, though she does have uses, what with her spread.

Then again, outside of Extra Stages, Power tends to have very little meaning in any Touhou not named MoF or SA. And low power doesn't stop you from having the most ridiculously overpowered bomb in the game. :V

TD Sanae was admittedly pretty weak, yeah.

I want to try out Alte! She's the one I bought DLC with alongside Kyoko, Kyousuke, and Saki (who's so fucking cute).

Alte is honestly pretty terrible if you actually want to win, but she's nonetheless pretty fun to use.

I think you could defintely 1cc Normal with Reimu. But damn, you're gonna need to work for your graze.

I could, sure. I just can't be bothered to keep trying.

Heh, not quite. SanaeB is definitely one of the best shots in UFO and is definitely the best when it comes to first clears, but ReimuA is no slouch either. Hell, even ReimuB is a contender.

Oh, I know ReimuA is pretty good too, and she's in fact who I tend to use when I play UFO because I don't like playing as Sanae all the time.

ReimuB has an alright shot, but her bomb is so far beyond terrible it's not even funny.

I'll make Alte work, I promise!

Scarlet plz. :< the 1cc awaits

Whaaaa ReimuB's bomb isn't terrible. It's quite good, actually. Great for stages, too, moreso than ReimuA's bomb.

Scarlet plz. :< the 1cc awaits

I don't care. LoLK just isn't fun to me.

Whaaaa ReimuB's bomb isn't terrible. It's quite good, actually. Great for stages, too, moreso than ReimuA's bomb.

...as it turns out, I actually confused Reimu's shot types because I forgot that ZUN for some reason made Reimu's homing type the B type in UFO. :V

I use ReimuB, not ReimuA, and it's ReimuA whose bomb is terrible. Fantasy Seal is great, just like it is in any Touhou not named PCB.

i don't play orange juice but i wouldn't mind adding you on steam ;(

I kinda named the conversation 100% OJ though, so it'd be awkward to invite you to it. :V

ReimuA's bomb is terrible for stages, but amazing on bosses. That slowdown doesn't help when getting ufos. XP

I hate LoLK, too, but the stubbornness I have willed me to 1cc it. But it's okay, PD is enough I suppose. At least you have Extra. I take it you used Reimu for that?

*sees falcom games on library*

good, good...

Aye, I really like the Ys series. :3

I couldn't really get into Trails in the Sky, but maybe I'll give it another go at some point.

100% Touhou Juice when.

Considering how stylistically similar the Orange Juice games already are to Touhou, that'd honestly be kind of redundant. xD

I hate LoLK, too, but the stubbornness I have willed me to 1cc it. But it's okay, PD is enough I suppose. At least you have Extra.

Well, I'm not stubborn enough to force myself to play a game I just don't like. I'd rather play actually good games like Exceed 2nd/3rd, QP Shooting Dangerous!! or Sora. :V

...or really, just about any other Touhou game. :V

I take it you used Reimu for that?

Yup, although judging from the one try I've given it so far, I'd rather have Marisa for Extra.

Well, I'm not stubborn enough to force myself to play a game I just don't like. I'd rather play actually good games like Exceed 2nd/3rd, QP Shooting Dangerous!! or Sora. :V

...or really, just about any other Touhou game. :V

Yup, although judging from the one try I've given it so far, I'd rather have Marisa for Extra.

Gah, I should've downloaded QP Shooting Dangerous and Sora during the Steam summer sale. ><

Nah, you're gonna like Reimu in the Extra.

Gah, I should've downloaded QP Shooting Dangerous and Sora during the Steam summer sale. ><

Well, you'll get another chance sooner or later. The Orange Juice games published by Fruitbat Factory go on sale fairly frequently.