New ~Official Touhou Chat Thread~

deleted35362

poll title  

37 members have voted

1. 1. which is best touhou soundtrack?

I actually don't even know who she is (isn't she from ZUN's written works?). She certainly never showed up in any of the games I left checked.

...checking the Wiki, apparently she shows up in the crowd in Hopeless Masquerade. xD

She's the adorable little bookseller from Forbidden Scrollery.

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the touhou side of things I tried UFO hard for a bit a few days ago. Was very bad could not even get past nazrin's midboss first spell lol.

You should be at least able to get to Stage 4...

I dunno, the FE4 thread moves so fast I find it hard to keep up with it. xD

FE4Thread doesn't move that fast nowadays, especially compared to that other chat thread... :p Edited by shinpichu

Wriggle is one of the worst characters

>east

The cave is still very black.

>east

The cave is still very black

>east

The cave is still very black... but you can see a faint light to your left.

>north

You see the remnants of someone's campsite. The fire smolders still, but will not for much longer. Two fresh corpses surround the fire. Various packs of supplies line the edge of the fire light. A sword is stuck into the ground, of an unfamiliar but distinctive make. A bloody, tattered piece of paper is impaled upon the sword.

>examine corpses

Gross. They're starting to get pretty ripe. You have no idea who they are, but it looks like they were killed by specters. Good to know. There is an inordinate amount of blood on the ground; since specters don't bleed, you surmise there were two, maybe three other people here very recently.

>examine note

It's written in Elvish. The note has been destroyed almost beyond recognition, and what's left has been thoroughly doused in blood. You make out a few details: "Camping log: seventh .... tenth day: cannot .... forgive ...."

I actually like the new art much better than the alphes-styled art it used to use. I can't deal with the way alphes colors their art.

idk i think it's something with the eyes in some of those that bother me

again, zunart would have been preferable

I have higher standards than that. :V

nonsense :v

Permanent missables are something I really dislike in games, so yeah, trying to keep up with everything in this game in order to avoid missing anything started to feel like a chore rather quickly and probably contributed to me losing interest.

In fact, I'm pretty sure I already missed a couple of things because I remember there was a quest that required me to catch and defeat some rare enemies that I couldn't even damage.

hmm i don't think i can remember that, so I have to ask, what difficulty are you playing it?

the higher difficulties are not worth it, in fact they were originally just an addition to the psp port and only available after beating the game iirc

I'll take a listen when I find the time to~

any time is time to listen to some falcom :v

I dunno, the FE4 thread moves so fast I find it hard to keep up with it. xD

pfft fe4 thread haven't moved any fast in ages

gdi, I waited a full 3 minutes before I realized danmaku was never going to start flying...

I wish. he's really just not advancing the dialogue to let the music play

I actually legit didn't see your sort, sorry

I've heard this before but it's always great!

neh.

i like the artstyle on it too.

I still haven't gotten around to it. :<

still kinda wimpy to do not do a full sorter. you know what happens if I try to go to my locals with an incomplete YuGiOh deck? nothing because YGO is ded in my town BUT that doesn't mean incomplete sorters aren't wimpy.

http://replays.gensokyo.org/download.php?id=40855

That's it. All the lunatic 1ccs and extra clears I could ever hope for.

I was going to write a post about how long I've come for these almost-two-years and thank people like Proto and ZM, but eh. I'd have anticipated that I'd be feeling a lot happier, but it's just... emptiness now.

http://replays.gensokyo.org/download.php?id=40855

I was going to write a post about how long I've come for these almost-two-years and thank people like Proto and ZM, but eh. I'd have anticipated that I'd be feeling a lot happier, but it's just... emptiness now.

> GFW Ex

O_O

Well, I suppose I shouldn't be surprised since you 1cc'd UFO Lunatic but wow, congratulations!

> thank people like Proto

Wah, all I did was pressure you into timing out Satellite Himawari, which was pretty amazing tbh.

She's the adorable little bookseller from Forbidden Scrollery.

Ah, right, I remember now. Still, I've never read Forbidden Scrollery, so I wouldn't know much about her beyond that.

You should be at least able to get to Stage 4...

To be fair, UFO Hard is a huge step up from Normal. In particular, whatever Hard/Lunatic Ichirin (or was it Unzan? :V) had for breakfast, I want some of it.

FE4Thread doesn't move that fast nowadays, especially compared to that other chat thread... :p

That really doesn't sound very convicing when I look at it and see 32802 pages. :V

idk i think it's something with the eyes in some of those that bother me

again, zunart would have been preferable

I prefer the eyes and outlines and... actually, everything over alphes' art, too.

Did I mention that I really don't like alphes' art? :V

hmm i don't think i can remember that, so I have to ask, what difficulty are you playing it?

the higher difficulties are not worth it, in fact they were originally just an addition to the psp port and only available after beating the game iirc

...there are difficulty options? xD

I don't remember, so I'm probably playing on the default difficulty.

still kinda wimpy to do not do a full sorter. you know what happens if I try to go to my locals with an incomplete YuGiOh deck? nothing because YGO is ded in my town BUT that doesn't mean incomplete sorters aren't wimpy.

If I did, I'd just end up with something silly like a 50-way tie at the bottom of the list. :V

Congrats~

I'd have anticipated that I'd be feeling a lot happier, but it's just... emptiness now.

That's why I don't bother with Lunatic anymore. I'm just not cut out for it, and if I forced myself to grind until I could finally 1cc them, I'd probably feel just as empty.

> GFW Ex

O_O

What's so special about GFW Ex? :o

I prefer the eyes and outlines and... actually, everything over alphes' art, too.

Did I mention that I really don't like alphes' art? :V

I don't remember that well but i don't think i cared much for the previous one, but i probably prefer it to this new one :v

...there are difficulty options? xD

I don't remember, so I'm probably playing on the default difficulty.

hmm, you probably started it before the patch that lets you choose any time

i'm having a hard time remembering a quest you couldn't even damage the monster you needed to fight on normal though guess it's time for a replay :v

That really doesn't sound very convicing when I look at it and see 32802 pages. :V

It's like an 8 years old thread :v Edited by Tonton

What's so special about GFW Ex? :o

It's apparently the toughest Ex. Like, even tougher than SoEW Ex. It's also the only Ex I haven't cleared (or even unlocked :P)

hmm, you probably started it before the patch that lets you choose any time

Most likely. After all the hype it got, I bought the game very shortly after its release on Steam.

It's like an 8 years old thread :v

That's still a heck of a ton more posts than this thread gets. :V

i had a dream that i was playing MoF and one of hina's cards was chasing me around naked while she sprayed bullets at me

..."bullets", eh. :V

It's apparently the toughest Ex. Like, even tougher than SoEW Ex. It's also the only Ex I haven't cleared (or even unlocked :P)

Huh. Sure, it was challenging (and fun!), but it didn't seem that tough to me. I'd rank stuff like SA Extra higher.

I mean, even lil' ol' me has beaten it (with the worst score in the history of the universe, but that's beside the point), and I'm certainly not a Lunatic-level player like half the regulars here seem to be nowadays. :V

Most likely. After all the hype it got, I bought the game very shortly after its release on Steam.

That's still a heck of a ton more posts than this thread gets. :V

hmm, i see.

well, I do hope you'll give it another chance eventually, and you can always hit me up or the fe4 thread about it if you need any sort of help~

oh there's actually also an official legend of heroes/kiseki/trails thread in general gaming now you could always bump that too if you don't mind wandering around the forest i guess

nah man this one is definitely getting more right now :v

Edited by Tonton

Huh. Sure, it was challenging (and fun!), but it didn't seem that tough to me. I'd rank stuff like SA Extra higher.

I mean, even lil' ol' me has beaten it (with the worst score in the history of the universe, but that's beside the point), and I'm certainly not a Lunatic-level player like half the regulars here seem to be nowadays. :V

I'm not even a Lunatic player in the first place. In fact, iirc you 1cc'd UFO Hard way before I did so I still can't compare to your level.

SA-X is my favorite stage in Touhou ever. If I find GFW Ex to be easier than SA Ex, then I should be able to handle it. But I'm not very good with GFW in general so I might have a hard time with it. I haven't even 1cc'd any GFW routes on Normal and did not unlock GFW Ex, so idk...