poll title  

37 members have voted

1. 1. which is best touhou soundtrack?

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there's a fine line between meming and being toxic

To be honest, people that spam unfunny memes are rarely actually offensive (much less toxic); usually they just make themselves look like idiots.

People I'd actually call "toxic" are on a completely different level; that breed of human trash doesn't bother with memes. They will just flat-out insult everything and everyone in the most direct and spiteful way possible.

Edited by Scarlet

Well, yeah, in the end I wouldn't know what exactly happened if I wasn't there for it.

I guess I could technically look it up, but... eh, considering how many pages this thread has, it doesn't seem like a worthwhile endeavor. I'll just take your word for it.

Edited by Scarlet

only if it's pofv

sure

i appreciate the hard work you do with the Lunatic no bomb etc clears but speaking for myself i can't keep up with that, i literally struggle on Easy so i feel left out and junk when that kind of talk is all that goes on..

Understandable. Though you shouldn't be ashamed of doing Easy.

i have scarlet curiosity i'm cooler than you

>bought a fangame already on PC for free

lmao nice

I would occasionally play Touhou, but then I remember that LoLK exists and that I still haven't 1cc'd it on Legacy mode because drawing inspiration from I Wanna Be The Guy was a disgustingly bad design choice, get incredibly perturbed, and choose to play an actually fun game instead.

Reisen exists, though.

Pretty sure it's "free" like Touhou itself is, not actually free.

I dislike Reisen.

I suppose. Official games > fangames, anyway. ZUN better not sell out and only sell shumps for PS4. ;/

You can literally bomb through everything with Reisen. Just 1cc with Reisen, then get good at it (if you care) with Reimu.

I suppose. Official games > fangames, anyway.

I'm not sure I entirely agree with that.

Games like New Super Marisa Land, Gensokyo no Nazo or The Genius of Sappheiros are really well-made and great fun. I'm not sure if I enjoyed them more than the main series, but enjoyed them at least as much.

You can literally bomb through everything with Reisen. Just 1cc with Reisen, then get good at it (if you care) with Reimu.

What kind of hollow victory would that be? While I hate having a backlog, I'm not going to keep playing a game I hate just to be able to say I've beaten it.

It's not that I couldn't beat it if I wanted to. It's that the game itself in no way motivates me to actually bother getting good at it, in part because more than in any other Touhou game, getting "good" at it just means knowing ahead of time what will happen next. In this case because you literally cannot possibly dodge half of it otherwise (hi lasers that kill before they're even visible).

I'm not sure I entirely agree with that.

Games like New Super Marisa Land, Gensokyo no Nazo or The Genius of Sappheiros are really well-made and great fun. I'm not sure if I enjoyed them more than the main series, but enjoyed them at least as much.

What kind of hollow victory would that be? While I hate having a backlog, I'm not going to keep playing a game I hate just to be able to say I've beaten it.

It's not that I couldn't beat it if I wanted to. It's that the game itself in no way motivates me to actually bother getting good at it, in part because more than in any other Touhou game, getting "good" at it just means knowing ahead of time what will happen next. In this case because you literally cannot possibly dodge half of it otherwise (hi lasers that kill before they're even visible).

Not saying fangames are bad. I personally enjoy TPDP and Satori's Mental Education, and Genso Wanderer looks really fun to try out. I just prefer the official games.

Alright then.

fangames are fun.

they aren't masterpieces of gaming, but if you like a genre and you like touhou they usually get the job done.

at their worst and at their best they really are just 2hu-ified versions of certain games, which is all I ask for sometimes.

This pretty much

Still waiting for Touhou-ized DQ

Understandable. Though you shouldn't be ashamed of doing Easy.

i know that now but still...

Still waiting for Touhou-ized DQ

i'm surprised thats NOT a thing considering DQ is popular as fuck in Japan. >.>

fangames are fun.

they aren't masterpieces of gaming, but if you like a genre and you like touhou they usually get the job done.

at their worst and at their best they really are just 2hu-ified versions of certain games, which is all I ask for sometimes.

qft