• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Play TPDP

Better.

Reasons I don't like TPDP

I can't even play it

My computer is pretty much a clunker at this point. It can't charge at all while its in use, is a pain to charge when its on stand-by, and its battery life lasts about 1:30-2 hours while I'm just using FFox and Shoddy (Touhoumon online client, a mod of an old Pokemon client). It probably would last LESS if I'm playing a game such as this, especially worse if its fullscreen (and it may have to be, my laptop tends to overheat if I run games windowed as opposed to FS). Touhoumon can easily be played on an emulator on my PSP etc.

For the record this also stops me from starting Touhou Mother and Touhou-a-Live over again (lost them when I had to reformat) so no the "Well you play that" complaint doesn't come into play either. Not that wouldn't anyways, Pokemon is grindy as fuck especially competitive)

They took out Layla, Youki, Lily Black, Satsuki, Dark Alice, Sendai, and Tenma

Look, I get it, getting upset about a game not having your favorite characters is pretty ridiculous, especially if they're as obscure as the ones I mentioned. However, there's a big difference between complaining about something just "not being in" and complaining about something being "taken out".

The closest thing I can compare it to is if Smogon banned your favorite mon to Ubers (which TBF has been happening a lot lately and what the fuck) or if YuGiOh banned the card that made your favorite non-tier-one deck actually function. Which isn't fun.

I don't have the time for another Pokemon breed grindfest

I already have Pokemon to do the drudgery of breeding Pokemon. In Touhoumon I either don't care for the main game or just hack perfect IVs and shit for the Battle Frontier (breeding in gen 3 was complete ass) or Shoddy is just a server and you enter in stats anyways.

Money

I have SMT4F and Pokemon Sun/Moon coming up, as well as Fates DLC. I have stuff set aside as it is.

I don't want to have to learn the new types and new roles

In THMon, if I see a Kikuri, I know "she's has high HP high Defense and is a Special Attacker with Levitate." one look at Power Kikuri and she has her SpAtk and HP values switched, is now Specially defensive (less so even than her original) and is now part electric, meaning now instead of dodging EQ she's WEAK to it. That's just one example but you get what i mean.

I don't want to have to learn a new metagame

I'm already used to regular Touhoumon, am trying to break into a new YuGiOh metagame, and am trying to get into Pokemon Battle Spot Singles. I have enough on my plate as it is.

Now to be told I have terrible opinions etc. and have nobody appreciate the fact I spend 20 minutes on this and give an actual thoughtful well thought out response

Edited by Zak Something

Did that get translated yet

No

@Zak

First thing: Fair

Second: Literally the only two that are kinda justified to be included to begin with are Layla and Youki. Lily Blac and Satsuki aren't real, Lily Black is Lily White's alt anyway. The rest are fan characters so. And keep in mind they were rebuilding from ground up, so it was not removed at all, anyway.

Third thing: There is a save editor, and breeding is heavily edited into the faster, more efficient reincarnation system. Your starter begins with either all A+ or all S IV's depending on whether you're playing YnK.

Forth: Kay

Fifth: Admittedly, This threw me off at first, particularly Physical/Special being changed to Focus/Spread. It's easy enough to get used to though, and a lot of types are parallel to Pokémon types anyway.

Sixth: Just play the main game, then. I love YnK and got through it fine without meta knowledge (in Japanese). TPDP 1.34 is harder though