deleted35362

poll title  

37 members have voted

1. 1. which is best touhou soundtrack?

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Second: Literally the only two that are kinda justified to be included to begin with are Layla and Youki. Lily Blac and Satsuki aren't real, Lily Black is Lily White's alt anyway. The rest are fan characters so. And keep in mind they were rebuilding from ground up, so it was not removed at all, anyway.

fair enough @BA Sendai and Satsuki.

That said Lily Black not only had different typing but was entirely different playwise as well (white bulk, black glass). Tenma actually falls into the same category as Layla Youki and Myouren though (characters referenced by another's backstory). Although unlike the others, not only does Tenma not have an agreed upon appearance, but doesn't even have a commonly agreed upon GENDER.

still not really a good excuse imo. Im being nitpicky but ehh.

Third thing: There is a save editor, and breeding is heavily edited into the faster, more efficient reincarnation system. Your starter begins with either all A+ or all S IV's depending on whether you're playing YnK.

that honestly helps a bit but still...

do save editors disqualify you from anything? I know in Pokemon cheating is a massive, throbbing nono.

I don't follow the meta, but I think so long as you don't do anything impossible (I.e. Use over 128 EV) it shouldn't affect much, since reincarnation leaves much less to chance because perfect starter.

...Who is Tenma. Never heard of him/her.

Edited by Glaceon Mage

TPDP is great, but tbh I found Touhoumon Purple to have better gameplay challenges. TPDP's difficulty mostly boiled down to "plz grind" (I hate grinding) or "plz make sure your party contains a very specific component with little variation in order to deal with this threat" (e.g. I don't think it's very realistic to beat Remilia without OHKOing her with a weakness from a very fast mon / priority attack). If your team unfortunately lacked the latter, grinding was the only option. On the other hand, Purple actually had very reasonable challenges. They were hard, certainly, but the difficulties weren't in the form of "either you have this specific counter or you're screwed / go grind". You actually had to refine and develop more advanced strategies to overcome the threats and from my experiences / observations you will never be auto-screwed (no BS like TPDP Remilia) unless your team is terribly balanced.

That being said, aside from gameplay challenge design, I will admit that TPDP is better than Purple in every other aspect. But to me, personally, gameplay challenge is really important, since it makes the experience fun and enjoyable in a manner that challenges my brain in a way that only the video game media can provide.

I can't decide which of the two games I like more overall, nor would I suggest that one of them is better than the other in general. They're both very different in terms of which aspects they want to prioritize, and though I would actually recommend TPDP for new players because its niche is more broad (e.g. new story, locations, graphics, sound, etc), I will say that Purple is definitely a great game with a very different niche that is (imo) incomparable with TPDP outside of subjective preferences.

Edited by Rainbow

Aga did the best he could given Emerald's hacking limits (I questioned why everyone seems to hack Fire Red, apparently FR is easier to hack?)

I mean I don't know if people figured out how to expand the data to have more than 410 valid Pokemon slots for Emerald yet or not. That said he did change some stuff to make the Battle Frontier easier (any move learned past 50 can be learned at the tutor as if it was already learned, with a bit of exception I think is more of an oversight) and infinite TMs buyable at the frontier.

That said Purple is a hack of Emerald and Emerald's Battle Frontier >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> some shitty Battle Tower clone where all you do is fight NPCs and lose on match 49 because the RNG hates you.

Another world is the only touhoumon I've ever played.

The difficulty was a wee bit excessive, tbh.

Mostly the gensokyo league, and that reimu boss fight.

You should play one of the hacks that's actual fun.

Remi was nerfed to high hell in YnK ftr, the power Remi lost like seven levels so it's on par with your party while being a decent challenge

Still demolished by Speed Miko though.

Edit tmk FR is the most hacked gen 3 game

Edited by Glaceon Mage

omfg proto plz dont get me started on being ignored you have no idea how i feel

actually the first half of my post was adressing your wallpost about Purple. Im just mobile stuck and didnt feel like quoting a wallpost Im sorry.

Good question. Get out.

Why you gotta be so rude

I like Touhou but I can't play Touhou. By can't, I mean I will get my ass handed to me before the first boss/mini boss.

Hmmm... which game and difficulty (and shot type, I guess) did you try playing?

Also, are you aware that you can hold Shift for focused movement?