Favourite class and character of that class?

Blue Druid

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because I think she is cool in general:

Soldier/Halberdier/Sentinel

Nephanee

Because of the story/characterization:

Mage/Sage/Archmage

Soren

Because of the uniqueness, one of the most iconic classes in Fire Emblem:

Pegasus Knight/Falcoknight/Seraph Knight

Florina

You know, I'm a bit surprised no one mentioned TearRing saga. It has some cool classes, like Lady Knight, which is a T1 Blade Lord, and it was the only game with a playable Witch class, which had access to dark magic and anima. There was also the Sergeant which was basically the FE14 Weapons master before it was a thing.

You know, I'm a bit surprised no one mentioned TearRing saga. It has some cool classes, like Lady Knight, which is a T1 Blade Lord, and it was the only game with a playable Witch class, which had access to dark magic and anima. There was also the Sergeant which was basically the FE14 Weapons master before it was a thing.

Not many apart from a bunch of core fans have played it, sadly. Plus the translation can get... wacky...

Not many apart from a bunch of core fans have played it, sadly. Plus the translation can get... wacky...

Yeah. It's actually not a bad game IMO. I've seen a topic somewhere here on Serenes that was re-translating the game, this time by a more serious and skilled translator. I hope this way more people can taste how it feels.

Yeah. It's actually not a bad game IMO. I've seen a topic somewhere here on Serenes that was re-translating the game, this time by a more serious and skilled translator. I hope this way more people can taste how it feels.

To my understanding, the original translation project had several translators working closely together, only for them to slowly drop off. This may be an unfounded rumor, but from what (little) I've heard the last guy left on the project wasn't even a native English speaker.

^Actually, 2 of the three translators were not native English speakers

Tear Ring Saga is pretty awesome, but it has to be the most quirky FEish game I've ever played. The first 19 chapters, I didn't play past that since the translation crashes the game at that point and I'm too lazy to find a Japanese ISO, feature the widest gap in unit usefulness I've ever seen.

Tho Lady knight is pretty awesome, I just can't think of a character of that class I like enough for it to be my favorite.

^Actually, 2 of the three translators were not native English speakers

Tear Ring Saga is pretty awesome, but it has to be the most quirky FEish game I've ever played. The first 19 chapters, I didn't play past that since the translation crashes the game at that point and I'm too lazy to find a Japanese ISO, feature the widest gap in unit usefulness I've ever seen.

Tho Lady knight is pretty awesome, I just can't think of a character of that class I like enough for it to be my favorite.

Well. it doesn't really matter if the translators are not native English speakers as long as they're fluent in English. I'm not a native English speaker either.

Mage Knight/Dark Knight. If it uses magic and has a horse, I'm in. And if it can swing a sword as well, all the better. My favorite would probably be Olwen.

I like the Mage Knight class too, and Olwen is awesome. I think Awakening's rendition, the Dark Knight sucked though. It didn't get any good skills, and there was really no reason to call it Dark Knight.

Lancer is my favorite, as I always prefered lances as the best weapons in fire emblem, so a class exclusively using them is even better. At first I thought Nephenee was good, then I met Aran... And I can easily say he's my favorite there, even though his characterization is...nearly nonexistant.

For some reasons, although SM isn't my favorite class (I like it enough, esp aesthetically, but I tend to prefer the heavier hard-hitters with more muscle)

but there's a fuckton of characters I love from that class

Dread Fighter might actually be my favorite class, but no character uniquely belongs to it. Unless you count Alm.

Same.

But I also like Myms/Swordmasters, of which Arya is probably my favorite.