Anyone else think FE4's cavs kinda suck?

Katie

Dude Ares is super good

Noish is critdad, never used Alec so I can't say much about him. They both have horses though so they can't be all that bad.

if you give noish the hero sword he actually owns so much, like better offence than Sigurd. It's a really really good fit on him.

Paladins also get a pretty nice magic gain on promotion, so with the light sword + magic ring Alec's offence is actually pretty good. I actually think they're both really underrated units. They use most resources better than most other units, but for whatever reason people don't give them a whole lot.

Doesn't Sigurd have claim to the hero sword because it gives critz? I guess Noish can build up kills before that happens if that's what you mean but I think Sigurd would do it better. I'll have to try Magelec somtime since I've never actually used him.

People give Sigurd the Hero Sword to build kills on it, but toss it on anyone and have them clear out the Orgahill Pirates and you have 15+ kills immediately, and Sigurd's all the way in Silvail so unless you wait for him to come back, someone else should probably handle the pirates. It's really unlikely for the Hero Sword to get 50 kills before late in chapter 5 anyway in gen 1, unless you grind kills on it.

You don't actually need to have those 50 kills by the end of gen 1 anyway. Celice can collect a ton of kills in Ch.6 as he solos the whole thing. He may or may not be able to ORKO the last boss of Ch.6 but it's not a big deal if you lose a turn or have Lester/Delmud/Oifaye weaken the boss first. Having critical on the Hero Sword doesn't really make that much of a difference before the Blume battle in Ch.7.