I need help with FE 4 patching

primelord536

Ok, so I have the patch of the FE4 (Gharnef's patch) and I applied it to the original game using Luna IPS, then I load the game on ZNES, but the game either comes up with a blank screen or just keeps gliching ( I have the best spelling by the way. By the way, that was sarcasm). The last time I tried loading the game it said bad rom at the bottom, which I'm assuming was always there when I tried playing. Is the ROM I'm using just bad, or did something go wrong when I applied the patch?

So how do I do that? Sorry if that's a dumb question but I'm still new to this stuff. I applied a patch to Binding Blade once, however that was actually very simple. No headers required. This time I'm just confused on everything that's happening since I didn't need to do it in the first time I applied a patch to a game.

Open the ROM in a hex editor and select the first 0x200 bytes. Easiest way to do this would be with HxD. Hit Ctrl+E and type in 200 for the length. Then delete it. Save the file and try patching again.

Edited by Agro

Open the ROM in a hex editor and select the first 0x200 bytes. Easiest way to do this would be with HxD. Hit Ctrl+E and type in 200 for the length. Then delete it. Save the file and try patching again.

Mke sure that you save a backup before doing that, so that you don't delite any actual data.