1. 1. Favorite S rank?

• Aurgelmir Axe
    • Hagakure Katana
    • Zanshin Yumi
    • Excalibur Tome
    • Suisha Naginata
    • Oboro Shuriken
    • Bifrost staff (I doubt it)

I never understood why Maid of all classes have exclusive access to S rank staff.

How many battles would it take to go from A to S rank?? 35?

Just save a arms scroll for when they hit A

I'd like to see a "none" option.

I'm surprised that Bifrost has so many votes - it seems like just another worthless S rank staff to me.

It is useful on Nohr's harder difficulties in the final chapter which that is what I use it for since you get the staff back after completing the game!

And here I thought they'd sell for a big fat goose egg. That just might be what I'll do with them since I especially don't care for the melee S ranks (or for that matter, most of the S rank classes, Maid/Butler aside).

Aurgelmir Axe
Excalibur Tome
Suisha Naginata
Oboro Shuriken
Bifrost staff
They seem most useful if your to eliminate anything deadly in a hurry as you cannot forge them and that they hit hard enough even with the stat reduction penalities that the Aurgelmir Axe and Suisha Naginata provides. Excalibur is greater than you think when you try it. Have to not use them on higher speed enemies though. Oboro Shuriken hurts very well with Line Of Death. Better have Awakening skill to make this Shuriken kick ass. Bifrost is very useful in the final map on the Nohr route which most people play the game on Classic anyhow as this gives you a trial and error. >=) I find the personnels better in general, but only one character can use them to make it's drawback.
-----

Excalibur Tome, easily.

It's punishment is hardly nothing and it can be considered the best tome in the game next to Ginnungagap. Wanna be careful when using it around Bow Knights, or Ninjas for their high speed which the tome also offers the enemies +5 in double attack! It is good on everything else. Only too bad that you cannot find S-Ranked weapons in the Weapons DLC episode.

Edited by Princess_Elise

At first, I felt that it's a bit unfair for Nohr to get only the axe, tome and staff while Hoshido gets four offensive weapons, but Excalibur turns out to be very useful. You can double against enemies without getting 5 speed above the enemy, and getting it above the enemy's at all isn't an issue when Nyx excels at speed. Excalibur's high hit rate also helps with her awful skill. Elise and Foleo don't seem to have good skill either, but they don't have access to Sorceror in their default class trees.

I didn't get to try Aurgelmir, but I don't think I'll like the idea of halving strength.

Edited by nocturnal YL

It is useful on Nohr's harder difficulties in the final chapter which that is what I use it for since you get the staff back after completing the game!

Aurgelmir Axe
Excalibur Tome
Suisha Naginata
Oboro Shuriken
Bifrost staff
They seem most useful if your to eliminate anything deadly in a hurry as you cannot forge them and that they hit hard enough even with the stat reduction penalities that the Aurgelmir Axe and Suisha Naginata provides. Excalibur is greater than you think when you try it. Have to not use them on higher speed enemies though. Oboro Shuriken hurts very well with Line Of Death. Better have Awakening skill to make this Shuriken kick ass. Bifrost is very useful in the final map on the Nohr route which most people play the game on Classic anyhow as this gives you a trial and error. >=) I find the personnels better in general, but only one character can use them to make it's drawback.
-----

Excalibur Tome, easily.

It's punishment is hardly nothing and it can be considered the best tome in the game next to Ginnungagap. Wanna be careful when using it around Bow Knights, or Ninjas for their high speed which the tome also offers the enemies +5 in double attack! It is good on everything else. Only too bad that you cannot find S-Ranked weapons in the Weapons DLC episode.

Maybe, but still, I already think that the Aum and Valkyrie staves are useless - just how the heck am I supposed to see a watered down version of said staves as useful!?

That doesn't mean much to me If I don't really like most of the classes that can get to S rank in the first place - and I ESPECIALLY hate Berserkers. And that's ignoring the fact that the half strength penalty is a deal-breaker.

Edited by Levant Colthearts

That doesn't mean much to me If I don't really like most of the classes that can get to S rank in the first place - and I ESPECIALLY hate Berserkers. And that's ignoring the fact that the half strength penalty is a deal-breaker.

Only ones I'd consider are Holy Lancer, Sorcerer, Witch, and Elite Ninja.

Holy Lancer is one that I'd consider as it can learn Speed Seal which is a great debuff skill. Probably the best debuff skill in the game! Oboro makes best use of the Suisha Naginata than anyone else for her well rounded stats. Probably the best single weaponed class S ranked weapon in the game! In fact, debuff statistical skills, Deadly Breath, Four Fangs and Venom are the best skills in the game as Deadly Breath, Four Fangs and Venom ignores defenses and always saps 20% of your health away. But only during your phase. After 4-5 of these hits any unit will die if they get hit by any attack after that. I find it hard to believe that these aren't gamebreaking when they are as much as a Bidoof using Moody multiple times, a Pokemon using Fissure, Guillotine, Sheer Cold, and or Horn Drill multiple times. A Pokemon using Minimize and or Double Team and striking multiple times. A pokemon using Swagger/Confuse Ray. The whole deal. It's just as equally as frustrating as those. Not that any of this matters if your playing it on Casual or Phoenix. Plus the Suisha Naginata offers Critical Evade+20 which is a good thing since criticals are only negated by half with luck in this game. The half str breaker only happens in every other attacking phase! You have to attack again in another phase with it as the Str stat reduction doesn't expire until that you do. So you'll actually only get full power out of those weapons 50% of the time!

Sorcerer and Witch for the highest Mag caps, good Speed caps in the game. It only sucks that they cannot use staves along with this that Iago can do. -.-

They are especially horrific if they get Astra along with this. As you can crit with Astra'd hits which the Excalibur Tome gives a good 25 crit in.

Elite Ninja for being one of the only two classes to not be locked to a single weapon that can use an S ranked weapon! For it's great Speed cap and high speed growth makes this class a great choice to use the Line Of Death skill in. With it, nobody without being a General will survive the hits. Better have Awakening skill though to bypass the bad effect that Line Of Death gives. For this is the best S ranked weapon in the game as using swords along with this makes it really cool. :D

Edited by Princess_Elise

At first, I felt that it's a bit unfair for Nohr to get only the axe, tome and staff while Hoshido gets four offensive weapons, but Excalibur turns out to be very useful. You can double against enemies without getting 5 speed above the enemy, and getting it above the enemy's at all isn't an issue when Nyx excels at speed. Excalibur's high hit rate also helps with her awful skill. Elise and Foleo don't seem to have good skill either, but they don't have access to Sorceror in their default class trees.

I didn't get to try Aurgelmir, but I don't think I'll like the idea of halving strength.

But Nohr has Brave/Might weapons and they are much more powerful.

Only ones I'd consider are Holy Lancer, Sorcerer, Witch, and Elite Ninja.

Holy Lancer is one that I'd consider as it can learn Speed Seal which is a great debuff skill. Probably the best debuff skill in the game! Oboro makes best use of the Suisha Naginata than anyone else for her well rounded stats. Probably the best single weaponed class S ranked weapon in the game! In fact, debuff statistical skills, Deadly Breath, Four Fangs and Venom are the best skills in the game as Deadly Breath, Four Fangs and Venom ignores defenses and always saps 20% of your health away. But only during your phase. After 4-5 of these hits any unit will die if they get hit by any attack after that. I find it hard to believe that these aren't gamebreaking when they are as much as a Bidoof using Moody multiple times, a Pokemon using Fissure, Guillotine, Sheer Cold, and or Horn Drill multiple times. A Pokemon using Minimize and or Double Team and striking multiple times. A pokemon using Swagger/Confuse Ray. The whole deal. It's just as equally as frustrating as those. Not that any of this matters if your playing it on Casual or Phoenix. Plus the Suisha Naginata offers Critical Evade+20 which is a good thing since criticals are only negated by half with luck in this game. The half str breaker only happens in every other attacking phase! You have to attack again in another phase with it as the Str stat reduction doesn't expire until that you do. So you'll actually only get full power out of those weapons 50% of the time!

Sorcerer and Witch for the highest Mag caps, good Speed caps in the game. It only sucks that they cannot use staves along with this that Iago can do. -.-

They are especially horrific if they get Astra along with this. As you can crit with Astra'd hits which the Excalibur Tome gives a good 25 crit in.

Elite Ninja for being one of the only two classes to not be locked to a single weapon that can use an S ranked weapon! For it's great Speed cap and high speed growth makes this class a great choice to use the Line Of Death skill in. With it, nobody without being a General will survive the hits. Better have Awakening skill though to bypass the bad effect that Line Of Death gives. For this is the best S ranked weapon in the game as using swords along with this makes it really cool. :D

I fail to see why you post these apples-and-oranges Pokemon analogies... Oh, and I'm not convinced those three skills you mentioned are gamebreaking, so there.

Anyways, I don't like Line of Death. And second, Awakening can only be gotten on one character per playthrough, AND it's limited to females.

Edited by Levant Colthearts

I fail to see why you post these apples-and-oranges Pokemon analogies... Oh, and I'm not convinced those three skills you mentioned are gamebreaking, so there.

Anyways, I don't like Line of Death. And second, Awakening can only be gotten on one character per playthrough, AND it's limited to females.

Sure they don't stack, but it is still bad if your troops get Speed Sealed then getting double attacked afterwards. For this...I have Defensive Formation troops deal with them. As this skill negates Speed Seal and Generals get good enough defensive capabilities to deal with them. But...it is still a problem if your getting Venom damaged and ninjas tossing you around into the frey with Cut Through allowing a powerful enemy to finish them off. That is the main cause of restarts in the entire game. For this, Cut Through is shit for you, but good for the enemies. Status Debuffs are utmost broken as like Pokemon, you cannot break the game, period! Pokemon is competitive, Fire Emblem is real combat! In real combat, who cares about being fair!

Line Of Death is never good to use in the EXP DLC episode as well as enemies who have ranged weapons without a healer nearby. For this, Midoriko makes best use of Line Of Death along with her having Awakening.

Edited by Princess_Elise

what about amiibo characters do they have a decent chance to get S rank?

Only Marth can get to S rank.

Sure they don't stack, but it is still bad if your troops get Speed Sealed then getting double attacked afterwards. For this...I have Defensive Formation troops deal with them. As this skill negates Speed Seal and Generals get good enough defensive capabilities to deal with them. But...it is still a problem if your getting Venom damaged and ninjas tossing you around into the frey with Cut Through allowing a powerful enemy to finish them off. That is the main cause of restarts in the entire game. For this, Cut Through is shit for you, but good for the enemies. Status Debuffs are utmost broken as like Pokemon, you cannot break the game, period! Pokemon is competitive, Fire Emblem is real combat! In real combat, who cares about being fair!

Line Of Death is never good to use in the EXP DLC episode as well as enemies who have ranged weapons without a healer nearby. For this, Midoriko makes best use of Line Of Death along with her having Awakening.

Bold: Yeah, no. I always thought that was Mozume, and only because she can get Extravagance to negate the +10 damage effect (but only on the player's turn).