• Kellam
    • Lon'qu
    • Ricken
    • Gaius
    • Gregor
    • Libra
    • Henry
    • Donnel

RFK is good but the only time you will use it maybe for streetpass trolling Lethality + RFK..

Because Chrom!Inigo might want to run this setup:

- Limit Breaker

- Galeforce

- Luna

- faire skill

- Agressor

and there are still many good skills he can put: Armsthrift, Dual Guard+, Vantage, Astra, or maybe Hit Rate+20

I can't say this line of reasoning holds much water in the first place. Ricken also makes a Severa that's leagues better than any other Severa and Owain, but that logic isn't very truthful to the question at hand. This topic should be about Inigo, not how much I like Cynthia or how much I like Severa with X father too much that I'd refuse to give credit for a pairing that's different from my idea of hierarchy on children. That hierarchy is man made; nowhere does the game say that Owain, Severa, Morgan, etc. all get "dibs" on parents before Inigo.

If Chrom!Inigo, Ricken!Inigo, or whoever actually makes a better Inigo than Stahl (or whoever really), then that parent earned that respect (and should be treated as such). The topic isn't asking for "what's the 3rd best Inigo for my needs if we exclude Chrom and Ricken." If there's one valid assumption you can make, it's that Inigo has the spotlight over other children.

I would say that the amount of water it holds is enough to allow for an entire ocean.

Thing is, without the manipulation of having an Avatar who was given similar stat mods, you only have one of each parent. And if that parent works best with a certain child (lets say Ricken!Owain), giving that parent to another child, no matter how good he makes that child, will bring the other child down.

In fact, Ricken!Owain isn't even a good example, because Owain has Libra as well. Lon'qu!Inigo gives high speed/skill, but leaves Brady behind. Virion!Inigo is similar to Lon'qu, but removes Yarne's Hit Rate +20 and another possible Brady. Chrom!Inigo nerfs Lucina and leaves Cynthia with very few other fatherly options.

When Kellam and Frederick, the most likely to be left single, are removed from the equation, the only potential father left over who can fill in for any child is the Male Avatar. One switch up causes a chain reaction scramble to try and make other child units as good as possible.

Is that REALLY worth giving the spotlight to a single child?

I would say that the amount of water it holds is enough to allow for an entire ocean.

Thing is, without the manipulation of having an Avatar who was given similar stat mods, you only have one of each parent. And if that parent works best with a certain child (lets say Ricken!Owain), giving that parent to another child, no matter how good he makes that child, will bring the other child down.

In fact, Ricken!Owain isn't even a good example, because Owain has Libra as well. Lon'qu!Inigo gives high speed/skill, but leaves Brady behind. Virion!Inigo is similar to Lon'qu, but removes Yarne's Hit Rate +20 and another possible Brady. Chrom!Inigo nerfs Lucina and leaves Cynthia with very few other fatherly options.

When Kellam and Frederick, the most likely to be left single, are removed from the equation, the only potential father left over who can fill in for any child is the Male Avatar. One switch up causes a chain reaction scramble to try and make other child units as good as possible.

Is that REALLY worth giving the spotlight to a single child?

If that were really the case, then no pairing should exist besides Lon'qu!Laurent!Morgan, Maribelle!Lucina, and Ricken!Severa. Because those three operate on multiple layers of ability above every unit that nobody even comes close.

But that's not the point of the thread--we should give Inigo the benefit of the doubt as "first pick of the draft." What does Inigo want more than anything else from a father (excluding 3rd party factors like thriving with a Ricken!Wife so Ricken!Inigo isn't as sufficient, but that's getting more off point). It seems that you're doing the opposite of the thread by giving everyone else your ideal fathers while Inigo gets leftovers in the glorious name of being a "team player" for taking Kellam/Fred. Not that Kellam/Fred are necessarily the worst fathers for him, but why is he picking last?

Like I said earlier, that's the type of stuff I'd have trouble buying, considering that Rightful King isn't a very good skill, and the fact that the stat differences between Chrom!Inigo and Stahl!Inigo are negligible.

I don't consider the mod differences between both Chrom and Stahl a major factor, but if thats the case then sure. But my point for Chrom!Inigo is that Rightful King exists, so why not bother to at least take advantage of it...?

I mean it sounds better than having no other skills I'm just saying.

I don't consider the mod differences between both Chrom and Stahl a major factor, but if thats the case then sure. But my point for Chrom!Inigo is that Rightful King exists, so why not bother to at least take advantage of it...?

Probably because Inigo would struggle to fit Rightful King on a skillset without sacrificing a better skill in the process.

Edited by Levant Colthearts

• 2 weeks later...

Chrom!Inigo (among other conditions) is the only way to put Luna on every child, so depending on your preferences that could tip the scales. ;D

Not everyone wants Luna though :(: A shame really because it can be really usuful in a pinch. I usually just use Libra and go for a hybrid Inigo. I don't know how good he'll be but I tend to bench him as well...at least partially.

I go for Chrom most of the time because OTP. But as for voting for two others, Frederick does a damn good job if you want to use Chrom for someone else, and Libra for a hybrid.