Best Mothers for each child/Children that stand out(IK route)

MitoRequiem

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm willing to sacrifice someone for a good Benoit wife that isn't Belka. Any one?

Though others may disagree I'll still argue for Rinkah!Ignis

Modifiers:

STR: 0

MAG: +1

SKL: -1

SPD: -1

LCK: +1

DEF: +6 (!!)

RES: +2

Base Growths:

HP: 30%

STR: 38%

MAG: 8%

SKL: 45%

SPD: 38%

LCK: 45%

DEF: 45%

RES: 28%

General! Growths

HP: 55%

STR: 58%

MAG: 8%

SKL: 60%

SPD: 38%

LCK: 55%

DEF: 65%

RES: 33%

He also has access to the Oni Savage class line, which offers him similar boosts to his growths as the Knight class line does, though he'll need to raise his axe rank. He would ideally need to spend sometime as a general to raise his axe level up. Once he's able to wield an Iron Axe, he'll have access to Ogre Strike, Counter, and Lancefaire, which are decent skills.

Rinkah has horrible HP and Strength, but Ignis's inherently high HP and Strength lessens the blow. As you can see, as a General he still has great offensive stats. He also has slightly higher speed (almost 40% with no class bonus). Belka!Ignis's speed is absolutely neutered (30% growth with a -4 speed modifier) so he'll get doubled more often. It isn't exactly terrible for Ignis to be doubled by a physical unit, but I worry that a magic unit would cause some serious damage if his resistance is low.

Ignis is supposed to be a tank unit. That's why his father has absolutely no bonus to his strength modifier, but only his defense. Rinkah gives him a really high defense cap, as well as access to the Oni Savage class line.

Edited by Leif

Anna is the best option to make magical Kanna, nuff said.

I don't think she's the best.

Felicia!Epionne has much better modifiers if you want a magic Kanna.

Let's say we pair +Mag - DEF Avatar with Felicia!Epionne, we'll get the following stats for Kanna:

Modifiers:

STR: -3

MAG: +7 (!!)

SKL: 0

SPD: +7 (!!)

LCK: 0

DEF: -3

Base Growths:

HP: 33%

STR: 31%

MAG: 31%

SKL: 36%

SPD: 43%

LCK: 49%

DEF: 23%

RES: 33%

Compared to Anna!Kanna with +Mag -Def Avatar.

Modifiers:

MAG: +6

SKL:+1

SPD: +2

LCK: +2

DEF: -4

Growths:

STR: 33%

MAG: 43%

SKL: 35%

LCK: 58%

RES: 35%

Epionne is similar to Anna, but has better max stats.

Elise!Ophelia makes Kanna more of a magic glass cannon, with high Mag, Spd, and Res, but she'll be extremely frail. Felicia!Epionne is a tad more balanced.

Edited by Leif

Modifiers:

MAG: +6

SKL:+1

DEF: -4

Growths:

STR: 33%

MAG: 43%

SKL: 35%

LCK: 58%

RES: 35%

Epionne is similar to Anna, but has better max stats.

Elise!Ophelia makes Kanna more of a magic glass cannon, with high Mag, Spd, and Res, but she'll be extremely frail. Felicia!Epionne is a tad more balanced.

+0 str on Kanna/Anna is still better so Kanna can switch to physical mode anytime she face magical wall in PVP.

Edited by Ginko

+0 str on Kanna/Anna is still better so Kanna can switch to physical mode anytime she face magical wall in PVP.

But didn't you say Anna is best for a Magical Kanna? I thought you meant a pure magic attacker.

In that case, Elise!Ophelia doesn't take any strength points away from Kanna and will hit much harder with magic attacks. She's faster than Anna!Kanna too.

(Elise!Ophelia! x +MAG/-DEF Avatar)!Kanna

MAG: +9 Highest magic modifier possible in game.

SKL: 0

SPD: +3

DEF: -5

RES: +0

If you are worried about PVP builds, then DEF and RES are useless stats since player phase is so important in the metagame. When facing off against a team full of max stat units, it becomes a game of who strikes who first. There will be Aggressor + Line of Death + Extravagance + Raven Strike + Prescient Victory units with brave weapons. It doesn't matter how high your defense is when they will be almost guaranteed to hit you twice with +31 damage.

You want to have the highest offensive stats possible. This incarnation of Kanna hits harder, and has access to Samurai skills and magic classes. This build outclasses Anna.

For any PVP team, Kanna has to be the son/daughter of a second generation unit in order to be as powerful as they can.

Edited by Leif

then I would say I prefer Anna for hybrid Kanna for both in gameplay and PVP.

Thanks for your suggestion, I may decide to make full offense Kanna next playthrough.

Edited by Ginko

then I would say I prefer Anna for hybrid Kanna for both in gameplay and PVP.

I'm not telling you what to do. By all means, you can go ahead and stick with that pairing.

I was just showing you potentially better options.

Also I'm open to your guys opinions on who you think are the best children or at least a top 5. I don't see very many used outside of Kanna, Midoriko, Ophelia, Sophie annndd what's about it from videos obviously that will probably evolve a ton especially when the game comes out in the US

Personally, I went with this...

Kanna/Anna>>> high magic and other all round stats.

Midoriko/Sakura>>> focus on luck growth to combo with Miracle skill with lucky charm.

Ophelia/Elise>>> All out magic offense.

Sophie/Effie>>> no particular reason, maybe because Effie lack move so I pair her with Cyrus.

Shinonome/Camilla>>> make up speed and resistance that he quite lack.

This is probably a question that is asking for too much right now but I guess I'll be more specific
I want your guys opinions on best pairings for these children, optimal for PvE(Cause I really don't plan on doing PvP with Warp in the game lol) oh and also ending classes.

The children being

Siegbert
Ophelia(Though I think we already agree on Elise!Ophelia with ending class being Witch being the best)
Velour
Eponine
Shinonome
Kisaragi(Oboro?)
Kinu(Hana?)
Mitama(Effie?)
Kanna(Velour?)
Midoriko
Sophie

Feel free to add in your pairings/sets for children I didn't list I'm still curious I still care more about the ones I listed.

I'm not telling you what to do. By all means, you can go ahead and stick with that pairing.

I was just showing you potentially better options.

Alright thanks. I presume unlike Morgan in FE:A, Kanna actually needs a good mother for stat growths? Also, i'm actually thinking of doing +STR/-RES or -LUCK.

Alright thanks. I presume unlike Morgan in FE:A, Kanna actually needs a good mother for stat growths? Also, i'm actually thinking of doing +STR/-RES or -LUCK.

It seems that children growths are determined by the following: (Mother + Child Inherent/2)

Kanna's base growths are a little low, especially HP, DEF and RES. Growths are much lower in this game, unlike in Awakening where everything is inflated. So you must pick a wife that will make Kanna's strengths shine.

Physical Kanna appreciates a +SPD - DEF Avatar paired with Charlotte!Velour.

STR: +7

SKL: +1

SPD: +6

DEF: -2

RES: -2

Amazing modifiers for a IK play through.

If you are focusing on PVP and you want an absolute beast Kanna, then you want a + STR -DEF Avatar x Charlotte!Velour

STR: +11 (highest strength possible, especially when in Berserker Class)

SKL: +1

LCK: 0

DEF: -2

RES: -2

I won't plan on changing things in my list but would anyone mind help me fill in 3 missing?

Ryoma X Setsuna

Takumi X Oboro

Subaki X Mozume

Saizou X Kagerou

Asama X Effie

Tsukuyomi X Nyx

Hinata X Hana

Nishiki X

Marxander X Charlotte

Leo X Felicia

Odin X Elise

Arthur X Pieri

Zero X

Lazward X Luna

Benoit X Rinka

Flannel X

Jakob X Azura

Kaze X Sakura

Silas X Camilla

I won't plan on changing things in my list but would anyone mind help me fill in 3 missing?

Ryoma X Setsuna

Takumi X Oboro

Subaki X Mozume

Saizou X Kagerou

Asama X Effie

Tsukuyomi X Nyx

Hinata X Hana

Nishiki X

Marxander X Charlotte

Leo X Felicia

Odin X Elise

Arthur X Pieri

Zero X

Lazward X Luna

Benoit X Rinka

Flannel X

Jakob X Azura

Kaze X Sakura

Silas X Camilla

You don't have many other options.

You're left with Nishiki x Orochi, Flannel x Berka, and Zero x Luna. You can switch the last two around, but Luna is better for Epionne.

You don't have many other options.

You're left with Nishiki x Orochi, Flannel x Berka, and Zero x Luna. You can switch the last two around, but Luna is better for Epionne.

I pair Lazward with Luna already, or should I give up on Epionne?

Edited by Ginko

Argh, I didn't see that.

Well, you will have to because Zero can't pair with Hinoka.

Maybe I can switch to Nishiki X Hinoka, Zero X Luna, Lazward X Orochi.

Anyways, thanks to your suggestion.

I pair Lazward with Luna already, or should I give up on Epionne?

Honestly, you're not missing out on much if you do.

I'd rather have less child units than pair characters up randomly,

plus there's a handful of characters that tend to do better than her just in general imo.

I'm pretty disappointed by the Eponine I got despite optimizing her and now she's just benched with Midoriko (screwed their parent options up so now I can't even use either)

I'm just gonna say, unless you're not the greatest at Fire Emblem or playing Lunatic, you're not really gonna have a hard time, so try pairing couples you LIKE rather than for some kind of min-maxing optimization.

Aand I'm going to second this, except scratch Lunatic.

I did no optimization for a lunatic IK run and it went fine ~

(Nohr is manageable too, I tend to just use characters I like anyways)

but seriously I think this is the first time I've heard someone this on here lol ; u ;

also more on topic, I've fond Nyx!Shara to be an amazing sorceress // magic user,

along with Elise!Ophelia (despite being really flimsy) and Charlotte!any non-mag child lol but I'm using Velour is great as well !

I'm on the edge with Setsuna!Kinu, but after leveling her a ton and giving her aptitude, she's turning out pretty good ~

her dodge rates are pretty great and with Astra she's bound to do some damage even if her str's pretty low when starting out

and of course I always believe Oboro!Kisaragi is the best option for him, I don't reclass many characters anyways so idc if Takumi doesn't get an extra class or whatnot

and with buying skills as an option...it's a no-brainer for me lol

In my walkthough i choose +Str/-luck ( second class samurai) and marry luna

and i calculate the stats that my Kanna will have a balance in each stat

Kamui: +3 Str, -1 Mag +2 Skl, +0 Spd -3 Lck +2 Def +0 Res

Luna: -1 Str, +0 Mag, -1 Skl, +2 Spd, +0 Lck, +1 Def, +0 Res

Child bonus: +1 Str, +1 Mag, +1 Skl, +1 Spd, +1 Lck, +1 Def, +1 Res

Total:

+3 Str, +0 Mag, +2 Skl, +3 Spd, -2 Lck, +4 Def, +1 Res

Also my other pairings to the moment are this:

Lazward x Camilla

leon x Sakura

Marx x Charlotte

Odin x Elise

Nyx x Tsubaki (dark Falcon Matoi)

Oboro x Zero

Hinoka x Silas

Hana x Nishiki

Elfi x flannel

Aqua x Takumi

Edited by Sieghart

On Hard I have no problem just pairing who I like but on Lunatic I feel like I should care more, I know I could probably beat the game np on Lunatic but it'll be kind of a struggle unless If I want to use children. In my Nohr Hard mode playthrough using Kanna was a struggle but maybe I should do more research cause even on my Hoshido Hard mode playthrough right now my Kanna is kinda weak(and I married Hana this time with a +DEF/-Luck Kamui perhaps right there is my issue)

Honestly, you're not missing out on much if you do.

I'd rather have less child units than pair characters up randomly,

plus there's a handful of characters that tend to do better than her just in general imo.

I'm pretty disappointed by the Eponine I got despite optimizing her and now she's just benched with Midoriko (screwed their parent options up so now I can't even use either)

You may try Midoriko/Sakura. Just don't stick her with merchant class too long because she will lag some speed.Midoriko would be good as priestess or butler with miracle skill combination.

You may try Midoriko/Sakura. Just don't stick her with merchant class too long because she will lag some speed.Midoriko would be good as priestess or butler with miracle skill combination.

it might just be rng or whatnot, but I really disliked Sakura!Midoriko...

she was very weak, even with the shining bow;

I usually go Felicia!Midoriko, but was advised to try using Sakura as her parent so that Felicia could mother Eponine,

and now they're both do very very badly. I would have preferred to do Felicia!Midoriko and leave Zero and Sakura unmarried, like my other runs;

I'm planning on doing that for lunatic as well ~

(Also I don't even think Midoriko can get maid class unless I have her marry Deere, who I haven't even picked up yet. ; m ;

Soleil's married to Foleo too so that option's out)

but yeah I'm sure Mido/Eponine might be okay with some leveling, but because there are so many other units that outshine them,

and they're just so incredibly bad atm, it's just not worth it to me anymore ><

it might just be rng or whatnot, but I really disliked Sakura!Midoriko...

she was very weak, even with the shining bow;

I usually go Felicia!Midoriko, but was advised to try using Sakura as her parent so that Felicia could mother Eponine,

and now they're both do very very badly. I would have preferred to do Felicia!Midoriko and leave Zero and Sakura unmarried, like my other runs;

I'm planning on doing that for lunatic as well ~

(Also I don't even think Midoriko can get maid class unless I have her marry Deere, who I haven't even picked up yet. ; m ;

Soleil's married to Foleo too so that option's out)

but yeah I'm sure Mido/Eponine might be okay with some leveling, but because there are so many other units that outshine them,

and they're just so incredibly bad atm, it's just not worth it to me anymore ><

They use Midoriko for PvP, and that is different.

They have grinded for green numbers so growth rates don't matter, while skills and caps become important.

Growth rates are much more important than caps for main game.

Sakura!Modoriko has 32.5% Str and 27.5% Mag... Both are lower than Odin so it is not RNG XD.

Edited by Tooru

They use Midoriko for PvP, and that is different.

They have grinded for green numbers so growth rates don't matter, while skills and caps become important.

Growth rates are much more important than caps for main game.

Sakura!Modoriko has 32.5% Str and 27.5% Mag... Both are lower than Odin so it is not RNG XD.

aah that makes a lot of sense !!

hnnng I wish I saw this months ago before I made my decisions xD

I never thought perhaps people were telling me to go Sakura!Mido because of CAPs aaah

thanks for the clarification though !! ; U ;

yeah, I never planned on using her for PvP team, so that's probably why I preferred Felicia as her mother so much more...

wait but Odin ? what does he have to do with anything lol