So can we get a tally on who's getting LoZ: Triforce Heroes?

Elieson

Are you getting it?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Well, are you?

• Yes, I own it now
    • Yes, but I don't have it yet
    • Nah, I'll pass, but I'll let you all know anyway
  2. 2. If you are, will you be playing online a bunch?

• Can't/Won't play online for [insert reason here]
    • Maybe a couple of times a month. I'm pretty casual about this
    • I'll try for weekends usually
    • Weeknights are cool, not weekends
    • Weekends & Weeknights
    • Can Play At Day

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got the cheerleader outfit. I was surprised to find out it was a two-piece set.

Edit: Now I need a Thornberry for the Cacto Outfit, but in order to do that, I need to either complete ALL the [spoiler=Riverside Challenges...]Fuck that noise.

Or do a round or more in the Riverside arena...but I swear, all of the people online usually just spam the Sword costume's sword beams and it sucks. =\

Edited by Dai

I think I figured out how this is ALBW Link!

Or at least, I have a theory about it.

So, basically, I think the "Link" we see isn't actually a real body. Rather, it's a doppel, and he was using it as part of his disguise. The reason he was in Hytopia is because the Doppel master was the one who taught him how to make the doppels and occupy them, and he wanted to thank him in person.

It actually explains a lot...

>The Green Link looks like a Doppel, a wooden doll, when not occupied. If it was a wooden doll to begin with, that would explain it easily.

>It explains why the character looks several years younger than about 17 (which he would be if ALBW Link was ≈12 in ALBW).

>It explains the green hair (even though its blonde in single player, all the artwork uses the green)!

So...yeah. Just a theory though.

Interesting theory, but how does it explain how ALBW Link turned into a doll? xP

ALBW!Link's actual body is out cold back in Hyrule. Either that, or it's in one of those magical pocket dimension pouches.

ALBW!Link's actual body is out cold back in Hyrule. Either that, or it's in one of those magical pocket dimension pouches.

Meanwhile LTTP Link is getting rejected from entering the castle.

VqsEepK.jpg

I would still get this game, but the region-lock is hugely limiting on my end and I'd really rather not play with randoms given how poorly that went two weeks ago.

Are there any Europeans here who are in a similar position?

For the most part, I don't really mind playing with random people, as long as they're not complete and utter dicks (which is the majority of the people I've played with).

Edited by NinjaMonkey

For the most part, I don't really mind playing with random people, as long as they're not complete and utter dicks (which is the majority of the people I've played with).

The demo had horrendous amounts of lag from my testfire experiences; out of interest, how frequently have you encountered it in the full game?

I got the game last week and i'm having a lot more fun then I initially thought. The online works reasonably well too. A few lag games, but those games are in the minority.

I do have a small question about two costume. I had the Zora costume for a while and I just got the pharaoh suit, but is it me or are those very situational. I don't recall much meanfull water after world two and I don't expect to see any sand either after clearing the dunes either. sand is not even that big of a hazard in most of them either.

The Goron suit is similar, but there are still some flame bars you can use it for. I'm not aware of the other two countries have similar uses.

I got the game last week and i'm having a lot more fun then I initially thought. The online works reasonably well too. A few lag games, but those games are in the minority.

I do have a small question about two costume. I had the Zora costume for a while and I just got the pharaoh suit, but is it me or are those very situational. I don't recall much meanfull water after world two and I don't expect to see any sand either after clearing the dunes either. sand is not even that big of a hazard in most of them either.

The Goron suit is similar, but there are still some flame bars you can use it for. I'm not aware of the other two countries have similar uses.

It always depends on the suits but they do help a lot in challenges. For example one of the challenges is do not fall off once, the tingle outfits is very useful for this.

Edited by kingddd

Wow, this game gets...pretty hard later on. My friends and I are seasoned veterans of the series, but maybe it's just the teamwork aspect, even though we work pretty well together...also, the Fortress boss is ridiculous.

My husband is doing online play and it seems to work out decently for him. While he occasionally has troubles with people who are unskilled and/or have poor connections, for the most part he's been able to work through the game with randoms, at least so far (I think he's on World 3 or so?). He's only had one person so far that was a complete troll to the point where he looked into blocking him. For any Europeans out there, if you see him on, I can at least vouch that he's a good player and not trying to screw with anyone for what it's worth. His display name is Gappy.

Wow, this game gets...pretty hard later on. My friends and I are seasoned veterans of the series, but maybe it's just the teamwork aspect, even though we work pretty well together...also, the Fortress boss is ridiculous.

The fortress boss isjust a reskin of the Woodlands, Riverside and Volcano bosses though... though I consider it easier with doppels because based god Boomerang is a thing in this game.

Btw, as someone who has officially completed the main story, Sky Temple stuff:

The level itself is kinda boring, it's just a series a fights based on the first 7 areas then a bunch of gold soldiers for part 3, using whatever item you choose (naturally, I went with Boomerang, because Boomerang is too good with the outfit on). The BOSS on the other hand... really well done. She takes away your items to start off, so based Boomerang can't be spammed to win. Aside from phase two being a rather boring bout of Dead Man's Volley, Phase one is trying to get a team member on her platform to attack her, without getting pushed off. And phase three... despite the spoiler tag, I won't say~ I will say it's very fun though~

The only thing I really hate about this game is the roulette.

Who in the devellopement team thought that was a good idea? Like seriouly who?

a way to communicate where you _want_ to go, would be pretty cool, so that you can join/create a room that fits within your "desired visit zones" or something

a way to communicate where you _want_ to go, would be pretty cool, so that you can join/create a room that fits within your "desired visit zones" or something

This would be good. Because I have people to play this game with online, I figure I'm going to do most of my 1st runs through areas/challenges with them. When I play online, I try and just do whatever other people want to do so that if they don't have ppl to play with they don't have to spend too long trying to start a particular challenge.

Well

You can do a mode where it filters by Drablands Challenge (yes/no), so you can at least do preliminary runs w/o dealign with people diving into Time Limit Clears and you have no idea what the level is even called.

The filter doesn't extend beyond that.

I _guess_ you could rename yourself to like "3-3 DC 1,2" 'r something...

Well

You can do a mode where it filters by Drablands Challenge (yes/no), so you can at least do preliminary runs w/o dealign with people diving into Time Limit Clears and you have no idea what the level is even called.

The filter doesn't extend beyond that.

I _guess_ you could rename yourself to like "3-3 DC 1,2" 'r something...

I didn't know renaming was even a thing

So, I finally beat the Fortress earlier. And I got the Sword Suit and Rupee Regalia. My money is almost gone again now though. lol I've been spending it on materials and outfits. XD