Limited Edition 3DS Question

CaitlynMellark

My mom might be getting me a Fire Emblem 3DS

But it has been 'refurbished'

Does that mean that maybe the old games might be on there, or would be able to be downloaded?

Like, if Awakening was on there

Would it still be there or could I still download it?

>>Mom

>>Refurbished

I really hope this doesn't mean what I think it means

it probably does.

rip

On topic, I don't think that information is stored on the system, I think it's stored on the SD card. So unless the idiot who traded it in forgot to take their SD out, you're out of luck.

As for downloading them, I don't actually know. PRESUMABLY, if they didn't make a NNID, it's identified by the system's ID, but if they did, and made sure to log out/format system memory like a smart person, then again you're out of luck.

Edited by Ritisa

>>Mom

>>Refurbished

I really hope this doesn't mean what I think it means

I am 16. What else would that mean to you?

it probably does.

rip

On topic, I don't think that information is stored on the system, I think it's stored on the SD card. So unless the idiot who traded it in forgot to take their SD out, you're out of luck.

As for downloading them, I don't actually know. PRESUMABLY, if they didn't make a NNID, it's identified by the system's ID, but if they did, and made sure to log out/format system memory like a smart person, then again you're out of luck.

Hm, ok. Well, I don't know how far the refurbishing go, or if the SD card was removed or not. I mean, I'm fine not getting another Awakening, I already have two, I was just wondering.

People who have traded in their 3DS MUST remove everything from that 3DS for the new potential owner. That includes making sure you didn't leave your SD card inside of the system. When I got my new Nintendo 3DS from the Happy Home Designer bundle, I still had my old 3DS. I had to do a system transfer which would get rid of all the memory on the old 3DS so it will boot up with a clean slate for the next person.

And yes, the person's data and games are held using their Nintendo Network ID so you can't get access to their stuff without their ID. I have a friend who unfortunately lost his old 3DS that had games on it, but the games were still there when he logged in with his NNID on another 3DS.

People who have traded in their 3DS MUST remove everything from that 3DS for the new potential owner. That includes making sure you didn't leave your SD card inside of the system. When I got my new Nintendo 3DS from the Happy Home Designer bundle, I still had my old 3DS. I had to do a system transfer which would get rid of all the memory on the old 3DS so it will boot up with a clean slate for the next person.

And yes, the person's data and games are held using their Nintendo Network ID so you can't get access to their stuff without their ID. I have a friend who unfortunately lost his old 3DS that had games on it, but the games were still there when he logged in with his NNID on another 3DS.

Hm. Thank you. I mean, it's fine without. Just was wondering, :3