[FE8] Orderly Randomizer Draft

Ozarhok

I enjoyed the last randomizer draft I did, so I'd like to do another. Hovwever, I'd like to make it so that everyone has somewhat of a fair chance due to how often it is to get an awful team, so I made a bit (lot) of changed to the rules.

Here are the manditory settings:

Wh6QSEd.jpg

Drafting:

1. This draft is for 5 players.
2. Eirika, Ephraim, and Orson's equivelants are free to use and a single dancer unit if obtained
3. The game will be played on Normal Mode.

Rules:

1. Undrafted units may recruit characters, rescue undrafted units and NPCs, trade, visit Shops and Armories and dig up items in the desert.
2. Undrafted units may not do anything not listed above, including but not limited to meatshielding, building Supports, and opening Doors or Chests.
3. Map shopping is allowed.
4. Skirmishes/use of the Tower or Ruins is disallowed. Skirmishes that are blocking your path may be activated but immediately left.
5. Defend chapters count the last played Player Phase for turns if the timer is waited out.
6. Caellach, Valter, Glen, Selena, Riev, and Lyon are banned from drafting, as they don't show up in randomized recruitment. The trainee characters usually show up in their original class, but cannot be promoted in this version, so beware if you want to use them.
7. Myrrh is banned. If you happen to get her as your Eirika equivelant you must restart without it counting towards how many times you can restart. If she's your Ephraim she is free, but you must do Eirika's path.
8. 9 units of your choice are available to use, even ones already picked. These units must be chosen before proceding with the rest of the rules.
9. You may create different games until your Seth equivelant is one of your picks, but once that happens you MUST proceed.
10. Until you finish Chapter 2, you may restart your game up to three times if you fell your units are too awful. (This doesn't effect the amount of times you can restart with rule 9)
11. You may look at your game's pastebin only after you've finished Chapter 2.
12. You may not promote your lord equivalent when given the opportunity to do so upon completing chapter 16. However, you may give their promotion items to anyone else that can possibly make use of them.

Penalties:

1. Undrafted units have a 4 turn penalty, per unit per chapter.

Exceptions:

1. Undrafted units that are forced in chapters may meatshield twice without penalty, but try to avoid it if you can.

Teams:

1. Ozarhok: Lute, Hayden, Seth, Cormag, L'arachel, Garcia, Gerik, Tana, Dozla

2. Lord Gaius:Tana, Cormag, Gerik, Marisa, Forde, Vanessa, Saleh, Natasha, Joshua

3. fireemblemcai: Tana, Syrene, Vanessa, Ephraim, Eirika, Forde, Kyle, Colm, Neimi 178 Turns

4. Paradigm: Innes, Tana, Joshua, Gerik, Tethys, L'Arachel, Saleh, Duessel, Fado 120 Turns

5. Dylan Thomas: Neimi, Colm, Innes, Tana, Joshua, Marisa, L'Arachel, Dozla, Rennac

Also, I'm open to suggestions for the rules as well. I'm trying to make this as fair as I can without ruining the spirit of it.

Edited by Ozarhok

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Due to how this works, you can now pick all nine of whoever you want to use and start playing, minus the banned ones in the first post. Also keep in mind that Fado, Hayden & Ismaire are draftable units as they appear in the randomizer. I'll be picking my units shortly.

My picks will be:
Innes, Tana, Joshua, Gerik, Tethys, L'Arachel, Saleh, Duessel, and Fado.

I'll be getting started soon.

After about 7 tries (I might have lost count), I finally got a possible run.

post-10490-0-44055600-1445715273_thumb.png post-10490-0-30758800-1445715274_thumb.png

Edited by Paradigm

prologue turns (2/2)

just rushed the boss with falcoknight!kyle, knoll did nothing with his -2 AS holding the steel lance

chapter 1 turns (3/5)

falcoknight!kyle picked up knoll flew over the mountains and dropped knoll on the forest closest to the fort. kyle then orko the boss with a dragonspear and knoll seized

and holy crap if only i drafted garcia

http://puu.sh/kW4uT/7bb2b9498c.jpg

Edited by fireemblemcai

chapter 2 (6/11) turns

i really hate knoll..... even with the iron sword he kept getting doubled and orkod by the brigands

http://puu.sh/kW7v1/b4547a29ca.jpgat least tanas good!

tana and kyle more or less just headed south and killed stuff while the garcia replacement (fado) cleared the right side of the map as a npc

Knoll/erika replacement: bonewalker Lv. 1.96 20HP/8Str/5Skl/3Spd/6Lck/3Def/0Res 7 mov

Kyle: falcoknight lvl ?/2.29 30hp/11str/12skl/11spd/5lck/20def/6res 7 mov

Tana: pirate lvl 4.84 24 hp/9str/9skl/11spd/3lck/9def/8res 8 mov

chapter 3 (8/19) turns

knoll and tana broke the wall with jav/hand axe and kyle went through to kill the brigand

knoll and tana then broken the other wall... and kyle killed another birgand!

kyle then picked up knoll and went for the throne and laughed at the archer with his 20 def while tana got some exp

the merc at the top of the stairs actually held me up a turn because knoll sucks and would die if i dropped him w/o killing it

Knoll/erika replacement: bonewalker Lv.2.36 20HP/8Str/6Skl/3Spd/6Lck/3Def/1Res 7 mov

Kyle: falcoknight lvl 3.37 30hp/11str/12skl/11spd/6lck/20def/6res 7 mov

Tana: pirate lvl 5.83 25 hp/10str/9skl/12spd/3lck/9def/9res 8 mov

Edited by fireemblemcai

Tana, Cormag, Gerik, Marisa, Forde, Vanessa, Saleh, Natasha, Joshua

Feel free to run this with me Clipse :P

Edit: Does the randomizer work for macs? Double Edit: Guess it doesn't, Eclipse want my spot?

Edited by Lord Gaius

Prologue (2/2):

4 move is such a burden. Archer!Ephraim's only experience was chipping a fighter with a Longbow. Gwyllgi!Saleh with a Hellfang just full moved and killed everyone including the boss.

Chapter 1 (4/6):

On Turn 1, Ephraim moves to a spot that allows Saleh to full move and rescue Ephraim. On PP2, Saleh full moves and Fighter!Innes takes Ephraim. EP2, Innes one-shots the enemies he hits with a Dragon Axe (he missed one fighter). PP3, Innes has enough move to reach PegasusKnightBreguet and drops Ephraim. Innes kills the boss on PP4 and Ephraim siezes.

Chapter 2 (5/11):

Gargoyle!Cormag rescues Pegasus Knight!Rennac so the bandit can target MautheDoog!Vanessa on EP and kill him on OP. Ephraim visits the villages. Saleh handles the bandit reinforcements. Innes buys an Iron Axe to conserve some Dragon Axe uses and takes on the rest of the bandits. Vanessa kills the archer and Innes gets the boss. He crit-killed the bandit that accompanies Bone and missed Bone on EP4 but moved away from the peaks on PP5 so Bone can confront him on EP5.

Here's Innes as of Chapter 2:

post-10490-0-56514300-1445719622_thumb.png

I just checked the Changelog and I found that Joshua replaces Hayden so I will be down one unit.

Edited by Paradigm

chapter 4 (8/27)

kyle and tana just went around killing stuff while knoll did nothing basically

tana got a bunch of levels and became jesus http://puu.sh/kWcv1/619609db01.jpg

turns out she has good growths in everything except skill and luck

Knoll/erika replacement: bonewalker Lv.2.79 20HP/8Str/6Skl/3Spd/6Lck/3Def/1Res 7 mov

Kyle: falcoknight lvl 3.87 30hp/11str/12skl/11spd/6lck/20def/6res 7 mov

Tana: pirate lvl 9.67 29 hp/14str/9skl/14spd/4lck/12def/11res 8 mov

Would you mind if I "stole" someone's team and followed along?

I guess you could, but your isn't going to be like anyone elses team at all. Heck, if you really wanted to you could just join in on the whole thing considering that you just pick whoever you want and start playing.

chapter 5 (3/30)

jesus -er i mean tana got danced and walked up the middle with her 8 mov and then killed the boss

couldve done it in 2 turns but dancer!franz got screwed with only 4 mov

Knoll/erika replacement: bonewalker Lv.3.01 20HP/8Str/7Skl/3Spd/7Lck/3Def/1Res 7 mov

Kyle: falcoknight lvl 3.98 30hp/11str/12skl/11spd/6lck/20def/6res 7 mov

Tana: pirate lvl 12.26 30hp/17str/9skl/16spd/6lck/12def/12res 8 mov

Franz: Dancer 1.2 17hp/2str/7skl/9spd/8lck/0def/5res 4mov
Chapter 5x (12/42)

Orson and ephraim both replaced themslves lol, not sure if the game makes it that way

orson picked up emphraim and ran to the throne not much else to say

thank god the game gave orson a sword slayer tho, wouldve taken some srs rng to kill the theif boss without it

Edited by fireemblemcai