How does the funds rank work?

Alastor15243

It never seems to go up at all no matter how much treasure I hoard and how many cheap weapons I use, and even after getting a ridiculously valuable ocean seal worth 50k, the rank stayed at 4 stars. Does it assume you collected all of the treasure in every map you tackle and constantly increases the standards for the rank based on the worth of all the obtainable items in each chapter? Because if it increased by a flat amount each chapter, I'm pretty certain getting 50+k more gold in items in one chapter would have added a star.

Take a look at: http://serenesforest.net/blazing-sword/miscellaneous/rankings/tables/

Basically, the game assigns a predetermined funds value to each chapter in the game, and in order to have 5 stars, you current funds value (money + value of assets) needs to be greater than 80% of the sum of all of the chapters you have completed so far.

Alright, thanks.

...Honestly the funds rank makes no sense whatsoever from a logical standpoint. How exactly does standing on a massive stockpile of valuable weapons, staves and supplies of empowerment and refusing to use the vast majority of it improve the world's opinion of you as a tactician?

Alright, thanks.

...Honestly the funds rank makes no sense whatsoever from a logical standpoint. How exactly does standing on a massive stockpile of valuable weapons, staves and supplies of empowerment and refusing to use the vast majority of it improve the world's opinion of you as a tactician?

Well, I think there's a concept of being able to use the remaining funds to help rebuild the country and all, and of course returning sacred weapons in the state you acquired them is a plus for their former owners.

Edit: Also, staves left unused in the war could be used to heal innocent citizens that were harmed by it.

Edited by Tragonight

They had to come up with some incentive for not using or selling (too many of) your more valuable assets, and the Funds rank does that job well enough in my opinion.

But it should have been called an "Assets" rank rather than "Funds," because it does count the value of your possessions (which is twice what you can sell them for).

Edited by Paper Jam