Feditor Loading Issue [Solved]

marlon0024

Hello Guys, me again. Well i just got an issue with Feditor, i think i know what it was so i Need recomendations in case it cannot be fixed.

Well I tried to Load an expanded ROM with Feditor, It told me that has problems loading the strams of data, the Debug, well gave me nothing.

Tried To open some backups, and then found it, i just made a custom efectiveness.

This is the Debug Output of a previous to expansion ROM:

HAS A CHECKSUM
SET UP METADATA
VERSION: 20110104.1
INITIAL FREESPACE BLOCK FOUND: 00B808AC 00B855A4
INITIAL FREESPACE BLOCK FOUND: 0106DB48 0106DB4C
INITIAL FREESPACE BLOCK FOUND: 010764E8 010764EC
~~~ FREE SPACE LIST ~~~
00B808AC 00B855A4
0106DB48 0106DB4C
010764E8 010764EC
~~~ END OF FREE SPACE LIST ~~~
HAS A CHECKSUM
SET UP METADATA
NO FOOTER FOUND
FIXING OLD POINTER TABLES
class Model.FE7PortraitArray: FIXING RELOCATED TABLE
MARK FREE SPACE: 010764C8 TO 010764E8
WRITING TABLE SIZE 000000FF AT 090764F0
class Model.ClassAnimationArray: FIXING RELOCATED TABLE
MARK FREE SPACE: 0106DB48 TO 0106DB4C
WRITING TABLE SIZE 000000FF AT 0906DB54
class Model.TextArray: FIXING RELOCATED TABLE
MARK FREE SPACE: 0113CE44 TO 0113CE48
WRITING TABLE SIZE 00010000 AT 0913CE50

I Modified The efectiveness Of Durandal and such, just put them in free space at this offsets

08D3D0B0

08D3D0C0

But i dont see if tha is related to not loading...And if this cannot be fixed...Well ill just start from a backup, but anyone has any idea why would this happen not to do it again, or how do i Fix this?

As far as i seen all the roms even the expanded Ones are working fine...So i dont understand why?

Edited by marlon0024

Not at all...Not that i remember but i failed to duplicate the bug XDD, but it has to do with those custom efectiveness, cause when i tried to duplicate the but, i just debugged the Rom, and Feditor added some more freespace, so...I think that avoided it from crashing again...I think?

I think i found the solution, i expanded the rom with HxD, but just adding 00 at the end of the Rom with the tool Insert Bytes, but that made Feditor not recognize the New Bytes, so what i did, copied and pasted Freespace, i mean 00 from the same ROM into the end of the rom using ctrl b, paste writing, instead of adding new data....This is way ackward to me, but it looks like, this way FEDITOR recognizes the new space, then, just debud with feditor, and save, there you should have no other problem with it...."Supossibly" XD

Why are you expanding the ROM in HxD?

Cause...Dunno, where do i expand it better? Lol

that's not how FEditor (or free space, for that matter) works...

Then i do not now what was wrong, Feditor just marks the new 00 added from the same room as freespace, and that can be seen even with HxD, each time i add 00 at the end of the room Feditor just marks them as free space...I must admit that i have only a month or two at hacking, so...If you could explain your point i would be grateful.

FEditor automatically allocates data at the end of the ROM as free space so there's absolutely no need to keep manually creating your own and screwing up your ROM in the process, unless you need to add other data into the game, which can be done by simply adding it to the end of the ROM anyway.