[FE6] Reverse Recruitment draft

Yojinbo

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since all the early-game units have been drafted already, I decided to start.

Chapter 1: 3/3

The most difficult part of planning this wasn't making sure Karel survived being dropped on Turn 2, but keeping all of my undrafted dudes from getting attacked by the fighters. Thankfully, there are 3 tiles for the undrafted units to stand on to avoid engaging in combat on Turn 2, so it all worked out. Karel had to dodge 2 59 displayed hit attacks from a fighter up north to live, so that was slightly annoying.

Man, Karel isn't going to get any kills until, like, Chapter 4 at this rate. Should've taken Douglas to feed kills to Karel.

Stats:

Karel Lv. 1.10 Base

Yuno Lv. --/1.26 Base

Chapter 2: 4/7

If that archer near the boss didn't exist, a 3-turn clear would have been possible, but he blocks Karel's path to the throne (and has a high likelihood of killing him), so a 4-turn clear it is. I theoretically could have had Karel chip the soldier near the start for 10 exp, but I couldn't be arsed to rig an 82 displayed hit miss from the soldier to prevent him from killing Karel. Zeiss and Sophia self-improve by killing a bunch of enemies. Merlinus bought 2 javelins.

Stats:

Karel Lv. 1.10 Base

Yuno Lv. --/1.57 Base

Zeiss Lv. 2.98 24HP/10Str/7Skl/7Spd/6Lck/10Def/2Res D Lances

Sophia Lv. 2.44 16HP/7Mgc/2Skl/5Spd/3Lck/1Def/8Res D Dark

Merlinus Lv. 1.00 Base

Chapter 3: 7/14

The default positions for the units in this Chapter sucks so much. I probably could have saved a turn if I was able to put Zeiss closer towards the front. Yuno killed most of the enemies while Zeiss carried Karel and cleaned up leftovers. Karel got no exp since he couldn't be dropped anywhere without getting completely destroyed. Sophia recruited Percival for his Steel Sword, so hopefully Karel can scavenge some kills by using that in the next chapter. Merlinus got the Mend Staff.

Stats:

Karel Lv. 1.10 Base

Yuno Lv. --/2.49 29HP/9Str/11Skl/15Spd/10Lck/7Def/12Res A Swords D Lances

Zeiss Lv. 3.84 24HP/11Str/8Skl/8Spd/6Lck/11Def/2Res D Lances

Sophia Lv. 3.70 17HP/8Mgc/2Skl/5Spd/3Lck/1Def/8Res D Dark

Melinus Lv. 1.04 Base

Chapter 4: 6/20

Nobody was really able to use their full move every turn since they need to kill enemies so that Karel wouldn't die. Sophia slowly made her way to the Angelic Robe village. I'm kind of wishing I picked Niime instead since Sophia's levels have been mediocre so far. Karel finally got a level-up, so now he isn't doubled by everything anymore. He's still OHKOed by most enemies though. I managed to feed the boss-kill to Zeiss. The level-he got from it wasn't the best, but I already had to use a bunch of Silver Sword uses to kill the cavaliers near the throne so that Karel wouldn't die, and giving Zeiss the boss-kill kept me from using it up even more.

Stats:

Karel Lv. 2.17 11HP/4Str/7Skl/2Spd/1Lck/1Def/1Res D Swords

Yuno Lv. --/3.13 30HP/10Str/11Skl/16Spd/11Lck/7Def/12Res A Swords C Lances

Zeiss Lv. 5.21 26HP/13Str/8Skl/9Spd/6Lck/11Def/2Res D Lances

Sophia Lv. 4.34 17HP/8Mgc/3Skl/5Spd/4Lck/2Def/8Res D Dark

Merlinus Lv. 1.04 Base

Chapter 5: 4/24

The Hand Axe fighters by the gate have exactly enough speed to double Karel, so I had Karel use the Angelic Robe and a Vulnerary so that could afford to get hit by one Hand Axe. Yuno and Zeiss dropped Sophia in front of the gate on Turn 1 to attract a fighter. Sophia killed the fighter and opened the gate next turn. Yuno killed a Hand Axe fighter and Zeiss killed the Steel Blade mercenary while positioning themselves so that Karel would only get attacked by one fighter on enemy phase. Karel got hit once. Karel killed a nomad that Sophia chipped on Turn 3. Since Karel got hit by the fighter last turn, he needed to dodge both of the fighter's attacks in order to live on Turn 3 enemy phase. Yuno killed the boss on Turn 4 after chipping him on Turn 3, while Sophia and Zeiss each attacked an enemy for a level-up. Merlinus spent the chapter on a mountain distracting enemies so that my undrafted dudes could cower in the corner without getting attacked.

Stats:

Karel Lv. 2.52 18HP/4Str/7Skl/2Spd/1Lck/1Def/1Res D Swords

Yuno Lv. --/3.62 30HP/10Str/11Skl/16Spd/11Lck/7Def/12Res A Swords C Lances

Zeiss Lv. 6.11 27HP/14Str/8Skl/10Spd/6Lck/11Def/2Res D Lances

Sophia Lv. 5.02 18HP/8Mgc/4Skl/6Spd/5Lck/2Def/8Res D Dark

Merlinus Lv. 1.11 Base

Chapter 6: 5/29

Yuno, Zeiss, and Karel go up the left side to recruit Elphin, while Sophia and Merlinus choke the front entrance to feed some kills to Sophia. Karel managed to get another level-up by fighting a Steel Lance soldier over 3 turns. He needed to dodge once to avoid death. Elphin is saving turns already!

Stats:

Karel Lv. 3.18 20HP/6Str/8Skl/4Spd/2Lck/2Def/2Res D Swords

Yuno Lv. --/3.95 30HP/10Str/11Skl/16Spd/11Lck/7Def/12Res S Swords C Lances

Zeiss Lv. 8.17 29HP/15Str/10Skl/11Spd/6Lck/11Def/2Res C Lances

Sophia Lv. 6.18 19HP/9Mgc/4Skl/7Spd/5Lck/2Def/8Res D Dark

Elphin Lv. 1.32 Base

Melinus Lv. 1.13 Base

Edited by Carmine Sword

Since all the early-game units have been drafted already, I decided to start.

Chapter 1: 3/3

I really hate you for doing this btw -.-

Edit: Nvm, it's not actually that bad

Edited by Yojinbo

Did I do something wrong?

Nah, I just thought you'd burn like 293423094823 RNs to have Karel dodge 2 attacks by a Fighter and 2 by an Archer but you can actually avoid the latter entirely. It's all good now.

Ch.1 3/3

Pretty much the same as Carmine except that I could use Douglas and Niime. Couldn't reach the Village in time though ;(

Karel Lv. 1.10 Base

Yuno Lv. --/1.24 Base

Niime Lv. 1.70 Base

Douglas Lv. 1.61 Base

Ch.2 4/7

Douglas reduced a soldier to 5HP, Karel finished him off then Yuno rescued Karel, picked up the Armorslayer, dropped Karel in a safe spot within reach to the throne and killed Ruud on turn 4 for Karel to seize. Niime got two level ups, she procced Magic in both of them! Douglas got a level up with +str and +spd [lol]. Merlinus bought Javelins mainly.

Karel Lv. 1.44 Base

Yuno Lv. --/1.55 Base

Niime Lv. 3.18 15HP/13Mgc/12Skl/7Spd/13Lck/0Def/9Res D-Dark

Douglas Lv. 2.06 33HP/12Str/7Skl/1Spd/7Lck/11Def/3Res D-Lance

Merlinus Lv. 1.00 Base

Edited by Yojinbo

Yeah, Karel only has to face one fighter on Turn 2. The likelihood of success still isn't that great, but it's not unbearably difficult or anything.

EDIT: I'm pretty sure that Douglas can reach the village on Turn 3 if he uses his full move every turn.

Edited by Carmine Sword

C1 3/3 turns

Yuno ferries Karel up, he needs to dodge two 59's and Yuno kills Damas with silver sword.

C2 4/7 turns

I think Zeiss can actually 3-turn this by attracting the archer on turn 2.

Tried to feed Karel an Archer kill by dumping him off on turn 2, but the chance for that strat is like 2% on an EP so I stopped trying to make it work. Just dropped him off on turn 3 and armorslayer'd the boss. The Armorslayer got to Yuno on turn 2 via convoy-drop shenanigans.

C3 6/13 turns

Meh, this actually was kind of luck-based. Karel needed to dodge an 82 in the opening, on turn 4 after Yuno dropped him off and on turn 5 after he gets a Cav kill, from the same soldier as on turn 4. He also had to dodge a javelin on turn 5 EP. So yeah, the odds are pretty bad and I blame Karel's bases. Yuno pretty much just fullmoved every turn and still ORKOed soldiers with Iron Lance with Karel in the saddlebags. Igrene went for the Percival village to get the steel sword, and Merlinus kind of tanked the soldiers that 3HKO him on his way to the mend village, with the help of forest tiles and vulneraries. Yuno did the bosskill again. After playing C4, I realized that I should just have unequipped his sword for better chances (most notably on turn 5 I think) since he gets a lot of exp in C4, it wouldn't have compromised C3 turns.

C4 6/19 turns

Yuno charged ahead, Karel got fed kills, including some unreliable EP action (he's growing the avo-determining stats quite consistently though). I only got the door key out of the villages, and Erik was killed by 2x Silver Sword from Yuno + Iron Bow!Igrene. Karel didn't get ferried at all. It's too bad I couldn't get the angel robe, but Karel has 11 avo right now, which is kind of decent against axes already, and he isn't oneshot anymore I think.

Stats:

Karel (4.08): 14 HP / 5 Str / 9 Skl / 6 Spd / 4 Lck / 3 Def / 3 Res / D Swd

Yuno (2.82): 29 HP / 9 Str / 11 Skl / 15 Spd / 10 Lck / 7 Def / 11 Res / A Swd D Lnc

Igrene (5.85): 22 HP / 11 Str / 13 Skl / 8 Spd / 6 Lck / 8 Def / 6 Res / D Bow

C5 4/23 turns

Yuno spent the first two turns soloing some enemies with the door being close with Iron Lances (focusing on Merc kills) killing two of the nomads on player phases. Turn 3, she opened the door and Igrene fed the Mage kill to Karel. Turn 4, Yuno attacked Dory with Silver Sword and Igrene took the kill.

Edited by Gradivus.

C6 5/28 turns

Yuno rushed up the middle, routing the soldiers and most of the mages on the first EP by connecting 10 javelins, one mage just went for igrene, who too went up the middle to assist Yuno. Ray set up a Merc kill for Karel. Merlinus opened the door to Elphin on turn 4 and undrafteds dropped him out of his room. Karel recruited him immediately and got danced to kill a Knight that ate two Javelins previously. He got the other Knight kill on the EP, both with Armorslayer obviously. The Mages in the throne room were routed by Yuno and Igrene. They also ganged up on Wagner on the last turn and Karel seized the throne with a dance afterwards.

Stats:

Karel (5.73): 17 HP / 6 Str / 10 Skl / 7 Spd / 5 Lck / 4 Def / 4 Res / D Swd

Yuno (3.68): 30 HP / 9 Str / 12 Skl / 15 Spd / 11 Lck / 7 Def / 11 Res / A Swd C Lnc

Igrene (9.46): 25 HP / 12 Str / 14 Skl / 9 Spd / 6 Lck / 8 Def / 6 Res / C Bow

Ray (5.10): base

Elphin (1.20): base

Ch.3 7/14

No idea how to do this chapter any faster, Yuno cleared the path for Cecilia who ferried Karel around. She reached S-Swords on the way. Douglas recruited Percival, Niime got a few kills and I think an empty level up, Merlinus got the Mend staff.

Ch.4 6/20

Percival ORKO'd a lot of stuff, Karel got 2 kills and thus a level up, Yuno weakened Erik, picked up the Robe and bought stuff, Percival procced +str and +spd and got the kill against Erik with Miledy's Steel Lance. Karel fell exactly one tile short of being in range for a 5-turn clear -.-

Ch.5 4/24

Percival is so good. He cleanly ORKOs the Merc with a Javelin and kills the other dudes easily with an Iron Sword. He got a good level up too. Niime did like 20 damage to the boss, Percival finished with an Iron Sword. Calling Niime a glass cannon would be an understatement at this point, pretty much every enemy unit OHKOs her now. Douglas is also pretty much completely worthless now. Karel should be able to catch up somewhat soonish though I think.

Uh, Wolt and Lance. There's nobody good left tbh.

I thought about that possible 3-turn clear of Chapter 2 earlier today, but I believe the archer will still attack Karel over Zeiss since Karel gets doubled while Zeiss doesn't.

I also could have 5-turned Chapter 4 if Karel dodged 4 80-something displayed hits attacks from the cavaliers near the throne on Turn 4, but fuck that.

If Yuno drops Karel from the tile 3 left of the gate (1 left of the forest tile near the gate) and drops Karel onto it, the upper Archer won't move at all, and the lower one has no one except Zeiss in range. I didn't try anything with Zeiss, but it makes the most sense because of observations from trying a different strat. Anyway, I'm not trying to encourage a redo.

I should stop giving tips though, it's honestly a bit uncompetitive.

C7 4/32 turns

Turn 1, Yuno got danced and dropped Karel onto a forest tile, and went in position to counterkill a soldier and an archer with Javelin. Ray distracted some of the LHS enemies, Nosferatu was pretty good for that. Igrene just moved. Turn 2, Karel recruited Lalum, Yuno rescued him and got danced by Lalum, dropping Karel such that he can recruit Tate next turn. Igrene finished off the Merc near Echidna's starting position after a hit from Karel on the EP. Ray finished off the Merc that attacked him on EP1 and facetanked a wyvern, a Cav and an Archer on the EP. Yuno just got danced again and moved up, being ready to charge the boss area. Turn 3, Karel recruited Tate, who brought him to Yuno. She got danced via dancer chain (Tate got the first dance) after taking Karel and drops him 5 tiles below the boss, while moving next to Devias. She hits him twice with Armorslayer on the EP. I exp grinded the dancers so they have good avoid. Ray finishes the LHS Wyvern Rider off. Turn 4, Yuno gives the Armorslayer to Karel, who finishes Devias. Tate nabbed a Cav kill and got danced to buy door keys, Ray got the Longbow and a dancer chain goes to the throne to let Karel seize.

Merlinus got the Physic and the KE, the latter of which will be useful.

Edited by Gradivus.

Ch.6 5/29

Douglas cockblocked the Merc on the RHS, Percival and Niime took care of the middle and collected most exp. Yuno, Karel, Cecilia and undrafted units went to the left. Cecilia opened the door to Elphin's room with her Unlock Staff and got a very good level up. The undrafted units rescue chained Elphin [while he was still an NPC] into a position from where he can dance Karel to reach the throne on turn 5 after Karel recruited him. Karel still sucks but I think I can get enough exp in Ch.8 once I'm there. Boss was killed by Niime + Percival. Niime reached C-Dark and can now use Nosferatu!

Stats:

Karel (2.52): 10 HP / 3 Str / 6 Skl / 2 Spd / 1 Lck / 1 Def / 1 Res

Yuno (3.08): 29 HP / 9 Str / 12 Skl / 15 Spd / 11 Lck / 8 Def / 13 Res

Niime (7.54): 16 HP / 15 Mgc / 12 Skl / 7 Spd / 13 Lck / 1 Def / 9 Res

Douglas (3.99): 34 HP / 12 Str / 8 Skl / 2 Spd / 7 Lck / 12 Def / 3 Res

Cecilia (2.04): 17 HP / 4 Mag / 1 Skl / 5 Spd / 6 Lck / 3 Def / 7 Res

Percival (13.49): 30 HP / 14 Str / 8 Skl / 13 Spd / 10 Lck / 6 Def / 6 Res

Edited by Yojinbo

Chapter 7: 6/35

I hate this chapter. You can't just rush to the throne due to all of the enemies in the way that you can't kill because they have javelins, plus you have to recruit Lalum and get the villages. Double Dancers are paying off already, as they danced Sophia on the last turn so that she could shop for Door Keys, and then they dance-chained themselves all the way across the map to dance Zeiss and let him get the Hero Crest village. I got most of the villages thanks to Merlinus and Zeiss, only missing the Torch Staff, the Physic Staff, and the Horseslayer. Tate brought her own Horseslayer anyways. Karel managed to get another level-up. He should be able to get a bunch of exp in the Isles and stop being actively detrimental by then hopefully.

There's probably a way to save a turn here, but this chapter sucks, so I'll just take the 6-turn clear.

Stats:

Karel Lv. 4.33 22HP/8Str/10Skl/6Spd/3Lck/3Def/3Res D Swords

Yuno Lv. --/5.01 32HP/11Str/12Skl/18Spd/11Lck/7Def/12Res S Swords B Lances

Zeiss Lv. 11.02 31HP/18Str/11Skl/13Spd/6Lck/12Def/2Res C Lances

Sophia Lv. 7.02 20HP/10Mgc/5Skl/7Spd/5Lck/3Def/8Res D Dark

Elphin Lv. 20.00 34HP/1Str/3Skl/20Spd/30Lck/9Def/12Res

Lalum Lv. 20.00 30HP/5Str/3Skl/20Spd/26Lck/4Def/9Res

Merlinus Lv. 1.14 Base

Edited by Carmine Sword