Persona 3 FES Hard Mode 100% Completion LLG

ruadath

9 members have voted

1. 1. Who should I spend Christmas Eve with? (the other one will accompany me to the Summer Festival)

• Yukari
    • Fuuka

I picked up some more nice equipment/items before this next boss fight, including a Camo Shirt, Shirt of Chivalry, Gladius and a Maragi Gem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPvSBITvIUw

These guys fall down in pretty much the same way as the last boss, except that we can dish out more damage per attack, so they're even easier. I switch to Pixie before finishing the fight so that she levels up and learns Rakunda.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rampage Drive is one tough cookie, so we have to make some preparations for him via farming for equipment. I let MC do the farming alone, since I didn't want to risk Yukari or Junpei getting tired. The main issue that our level 4 party has is the inability to do any damage. Yukari and Junpei, in particular, don't learn their first elemental attacks until level 5, so they have no means to attack and can only be used as healers. On the other hand, MC can only hit him with Agi, and he is resistant to Fire, so it will end up doing ~10 damage, while also putting MC at risk of being one-shotted by Mazio (Orpheus is weak to Thunder).

[spoiler=Preparations/Battle Strategy]At first I planned to take Rampage Drive head on, so I got a second Juzumaru and Shirt of Chivalry, but as the above paragraph explains, such an approach is completely fruitless (although I'm sure the equipment will have its use at some later point).

Instead, my main strategy revolved around reflecting RD's Mazio back onto himself, so I needed to farm some Attack/Magic mirrors from their chest spawn on floor 12; I found that 2 of each was plenty. In addition, I needed to get a lighting-resistant piece of equipment for Yukari so she wouldn't get one-shotted by Mazio (or, in particular, give RD another turn). I found a Rash Guard with such a property on the 11th floor.

I suppose I should note that if he uses Tarukaja before I use Rakunda, there is no reason to use the latter, and I can just skip that part of the battle.

The levels we get from this battle puts the party in a nice place to handle the first full moon event with relative ease.

Edited by ruadath

Can the forced fights during the first full moon event invoke Shuffle Time? If they can, it could be helpful getting a couple more personas to make fusing easier when the compendium is unlocked.

What level are you at? And what mode are you playing on? I didn't have any trouble taking him out the last time I played this game on normal with a level 9 party, even using Orpheus (though if you have someone like Asparas available, she's better for this boss battle because not weak to lightning and had non-fire attack). Granted, this was on P3P though, so I had full control of my party members.

It's a pain in the ass, because it can reflect damage and almost oneshots my party members.

A slight correction: it NULLs damage. Reflecting (which some bosses in fact do!) means you get hit back with the damage of the attack!

Edited by ruadath

What level are you at? And what mode are you playing on? I didn't have any trouble taking him out the last time I played this game on normal with a level 9 party, even using Orpheus (though if you have someone like Asparas available, she's better for this boss battle because not weak to lightning and had non-fire attack). Granted, this was on P3P though, so I had full control of my party members.

A slight correction: it NULLs damage. Reflecting (which some bosses in fact do!) means you get get hit back with the damage of the attack!

Edit: Then this boss has indeed reflect.

Beaten the boss.

I used Pixie to heal one of my allies with dia each turn so only Junpei and Yukari attacked him.

Was actually pretty easy.

Yeah, I'm playing on easy because I'm a noob.

Thanks for the help!

Edited by Mister IceTeaPeach

Null just means that it takes 0 damage from the attack.

EDIT: Oh yes, against Strike (which is the MC's default weapon attack), it had reflect. But it only nulls Yukari and Junpei's Pierce and Slash attacks; I almost never attack with the MC (or have him equipped with one-hand swords) so I forgot.

Now watch my video and lol at the cheapness of the strategy.

Edited by ruadath

Makes bossfights too cheap. Prefer hard way.

To be fair, I have literally no other way of damaging the boss except Orpheus!Agi which puts MC at risk of being one-shotted. Even worse, Hard Mode Damage+Tarukaja means that any of his attacks basically one shot my party members (except Mazio, which I think just gets Yukari), so there is no other way for me to beat him at this point.

But yes, on a regular playthrough, I would much prefer to fight him normally. Getting these items is actually annoying as well; you can only find them in rare chests (~8% spawn chance) on the 12th floor.

Edited by ruadath

Alright, good news! Some hefty analysis suggests that it may in fact be possible to max all social links while also obtaining all of the Sunday shopping items. I haven't worked out all of the details yet, but it seems very possible to complete all of the relationship social links except one without going on any dates, and the last one can most likely be left for January. I'll post more details once they're available.

Note that this means this run is probably going to be quiet for a little while while I develop the schedule. I suppose I could use the extra time to grind in Tartarus as well, not that I really need to for that long (already have roughly 60k or something).

But yes, on a regular playthrough, I would much prefer to fight him normally. Getting these items is actually annoying as well; you can only find them in rare chests (~8% spawn chance) on the 12th floor.

Oh, my comment shouldn't be a criticism towards your playwise.

I'd have played the same way, if I had got this item.

I was just a little bit surprised that so broken items exist... but thankfully only in rare number.

And yes, it was strike, which was reflected. (I chosed the "worst" attack first of all => LOL)

Edited by Mister IceTeaPeach

By the way, does anyone have suggestions regarding how the videos should be split up? In particular, the next couple of weeks (in-game) will be a long stretch of time without any Tartarus exploration or major story events (AFAIR) and will mostly just involve S Links, so its unclear to me how to divvy up the videos.

If you guys have any ideas/thoughts, feel free to let me know.

Back to story mode for the next few videos, with no combat occurring for some time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaZ4HQwlJ60

[spoiler=April 24th]Spent time after school with Kenji (Magician 2 S. Link)

"Horror House" at arcade (+4 Courage)

Studied at night (+2 Academics)

Became "Tired"

[spoiler=April 25th]Visited Nurse's Office (+2 Courage)

Visited bookstore

Obtained "Persimmon Leaf" from school

Visited bookstore again (Hierophant 1 S. Link)
Bathroom to get rid of "Tired" status
"Quiz Night" at arcade (+4 Academics - Rank up!)

[spoiler=April 26th]Bathroom to get "Great" status

Donated at shrine under "Great" status (+5 Academics)

Again, the priority early game is to raise Academics to hit Rank 3 in time to ace the first exam. I reset until I got tired the first day to take advantage of the Nurse's Office drink for Courage, but did not do so the second day because I want to be "Great" when I donate to the Shrine on Sunday (4/26) for an Academics boost.

[spoiler=Overall Summary]Academics: 30 (+13) points - Rank 2
Courage: 10 (+6) points
Charm: 4 (+0) points

S. Links (Fool 2, Magician 2, Chariot 1, Hierophant 1)

Edited by ruadath

A good deal more story events. I decided to finish off April in this video, so it's a bit longer than usual.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnGk5X_a2Vw

[spoiler=April 26th]Attended Karaoke (+2 Courage)

Became "Tired"

[spoiler=April 27th]Answered question correctly in class (+2 Charm)

Visited Faculty Office to join student council

Visited Nurse's Office (+2 Courage)

Attended student council meeting (Emperor 1 S. Link)

"Print Club" at arcade (+4 Charm)

[spoiler=April 28th]Spoke to Chihiro after class

Attended track team practice (Chariot 2 S. Link)

Spoke to Yuko on way back

"Horror House" at arcade (+4 Courage - Rank up!)

[spoiler=April 29th]Played Innocent Sin Online (Hermit 1 S. Link)

[spoiler=April 30th]Stayed awake during class (+2 Academics)

Spoke to Chihiro after class

Attended track team practice (Chariot 3 S. Link)

Spoke to Yuko on the way back (Strength 1 S. Link)

The main strategy here is to get Chariot to Rank 3 as soon as possible, so that we can start the Strength S. Link. This is the first romantic S. Link we have available, and it's imperative to get these one of these done ASAP so that we have minimal conflicts between such relationships. This is especially true in Yuko's case, as she is only available 2 days a week (Wednesday and Saturday), the fewest of all the girls.

[spoiler=Overall Summary]Academics: 38 (+8) points - Rank 2
Courage: 18 (+8) points - Rank 2
Charm: 10 (+6) points

S. Links (Fool 2, Magician 2, Emperor 1, Hierophant 1, Chariot 3, Hermit 1, Strength 1)

So with the first month completed, what do you guys think of the playthrough so far? Enjoying it? I appreciate the feedback!

Edited by ruadath

More storyline, but this time we see a few more voiced cutscenes and the plot develops (slightly) more. In addition, Elizabeth's requests make their first appearance, as we complete 5 of them for some minor rewards, and we obtain our first missable item (that isn't just starting equipment) from the Sunday shopping channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9VpzMzWSCY

[spoiler=April 30th]Visited Elizabeth

- Submitted requests 02, 03, 56

- Accepted requests 56, 61, 92

[spoiler=May 1st]Visited Akihiko

"Horror House" at Arcade (+4 Courage)

Became "Tired"

[spoiler=May 2nd]Asked Chihiro out

Went home with Yuko (Strength 2 S. Link)

Obtained "Pine Resin" from Yukari

"Quiz Game" at arcade (+4 Academics)

[spoiler=May 3rd]Bought "Slash Ward" set (Slash Ward x1, Sappy Jelly x1) from Tanaka's amazing commodities

- Missable Item Alert! Sappy Jelly (14 available in game, obtained 1)

Played Innocent Sin Online (Hermit 2 S. Link)

[spoiler=May 4th]Visited Elizabeth

- Submitted requests 56, 91

Visited bookstore (Hierophant 2 S. Link)

[spoiler=Overall Summary]Academics: 48 (+10) points - Rank 2
Courage: 24 (+6) points - Rank 2
Charm: 14 (+4) points

S. Links (Fool 2, Magician 2, Emperor 1, Hierophant 2, Chariot 3, Hermit 2, Strength 2)

Last stretch of free days before the first Full Moon Event. I get a lot of work done on raising stats; 2 rank ups occur! As discussed previously, I decided to forego one of Elizabeth's requests since it involved me fighting an extra battle in Tartarus to obtain a Beetle Shell. The rewards for these types of quests are (almost) never unique items, and since it's impossible to complete all of Elizabeth's requests in one playthrough anyway, I will refrain from doing these in order to preserve the LLG component of this challenge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vheO2O2DaE4

[spoiler=May 4th]"Print Club" at arcade (+4 Charm - Rank up!)

[spoiler=May 5th]Bought "Mad Bull" from soda machine

Bought Takoyaki from store

Visited bookstore (Hierophant 3 S. Link)

Became "Tired"

[spoiler=May 6th]Answered question correctly in class (+2 Charm)

Visited Nurse's Office (+2 Courage - Rank up!)

Visited Maiko at Naganaki Shrine

Went home with Yuko (Strength 3 S. Link)

[spoiler=May 7th]Went home with Chihiro (Justice 1 S. Link)

"Print Club" at arcade (+4 Charm - Rank up!)

Became "Tired"

[spoiler=May 8th]Visited Nurse's Office (+2 Courage)

Spent time with Kenji (Magician 3 S. Link)

[spoiler=Overall Summary]Academics: 60 (+12) points - Rank 2
Courage: 32 (+8) points - Rank 3
Charm: 24 (+10) points - Rank 2

S. Links (Fool 2, Magician 3, Emperor 1, Hierophant 3, Chariot 3, Justice 1, Hermit 2, Strength 3)

First full moon and real boss battle of the game. Along with it comes some more plot development (though we still don't really have any clue what is going on). Finally, at the end of the video, we get the notification that the Persona Compendium has been unlocked, which means we can start fusing Persona.

[spoiler=May 8th]Bathroom to get rid of "Tired" status

[spoiler=May 9th]Priestess Full Moon Event (Fool 3 S. Link)

Became "Tired"

[spoiler=May 10th]Purchased "Giga Power Band" set (Giga Power Band x1, Diet Food x1) from Tanaka's amazing commodities

- Missable Item Alert! Diet Food (5 available in game, obtained 1)

[spoiler=Overall Summary]Academics: 62 (+2) points - Rank 2
Courage: 36 (+4) points - Rank 3
Charm: 24 (+0) points - Rank 2

S. Links (Fool 3, Magician 3, Emperor 1, Hierophant 3, Chariot 3, Justice 1, Hermit 2, Strength 3)

Back to regular story mode. Since this is the week before exams, all of our school-related S. Links are unavailable, and the only thing we can raise is Hermit on Sundays, and Hierophant on other days of the week. Charm also hits rank 3 during this video.

[spoiler=May 10th]Played "Innocent Sin Online" (Hermit 3 S. Link)

[spoiler=May 11th]Stayed awake during class (+2 Academics)

Visited bookstore (Hierophant 4 S. Link)

[spoiler=May 12th]Visited bookstore (Hierophant 5 S. Link)

Became "Tired"

[spoiler=May 13th]Answered question correctly in class (+2 Charm - Rank up!)

Visited bookstore

[spoiler=Overall Summary]Academics: 68 (+6) points - Rank 2
Courage: 44 (+8) points - Rank 3
Charm: 30 (+6) points - Rank 3

S. Links (Fool 3, Magician 3, Emperor 1, Hierophant 5, Chariot 3, Justice 1, Hermit 3, Strength 3)

Edited by ruadath

The week before exams continues as before with a focus on stat-raising and progressing further on the Hierophant social link which is developing faster than the plot of the game. At the beginning of the video, I have to perform my first round of fusions in order to obtain an Hierophant Arcana Persona (Omoikane), which ensures that the corresponding social link will develop most efficiently. Academics finally hits rank 3 in anticipation of acing the exam, but not before Courage attains level 4.

[spoiler=May 13th]Bathroom to get rid of "Tired" status

[spoiler=May 14th - Fusion!]Visited Elizabeth
- Accepted requests 93 and 94
- Registered Orpheus and Pixie in Compendium
- Fused Apsaras (Orpheus+Pixie)
- Registered Apsaras
- Bought back Orpheus and Pixie
- Fused Nekomata (Pixie+Apsaras)
- Registered Nekomata
- Fused Omoikane (Orpheus+Nekomata)
Visit bookstore (Hierophant 6 S. Link)
Became "Tired"

[spoiler=May 15th]Answered question correctly in class (+2 Charm)
Visited Nurse's Office (+2 Courage - Rank up!)
Visit bookstore (Hierophant 7 S. Link)

[spoiler=May 16th]Stayed awake during class (+2 Academics - Rank up!)
Visit bookstore (Hierophant 8 S. Link)

[spoiler=May 17th]Purchased "All-purpose Katana" set (All-purpose Katana x1, Diet Food x2) from Tanaka's amazing commodities
Missable Item Alert!
- All purpose Katana (unique)
- Diet Food (5 available in game, 3 obtained)
Oracle Draw: Kazushi at Naganaki Shrine

[spoiler=Overall Summary]Academics: 86 (+18) points - Rank 3
Courage: 50 (+6) points - Rank 4
Charm: 36 (+6) points - Rank 3

S. Links (Fool 3, Magician 3, Emperor 1, Hierophant 8, Chariot 3, Justice 1, Hermit 3, Strength 3)

Edited by ruadath

The first set of exams are here! And with Academics Rank 3, we'll ace it without any problems. In other news, Akihiko rejoins the team with Great status, and we'll take this opportunity to visit Tartarus (I'm running out of cash too...)

[spoiler=Overall Summary]Academics: 88 (+2) points - Rank 3
Courage: 50 (+0) points - Rank 4
Charm: 38 (+2) points - Rank 3

S. Links (Fool 3, Magician 3, Emperor 1, Hierophant 8, Chariot 3, Justice 1, Hermit 3, Strength 4)

Edited by ruadath

So obviously with another visit to Tartarus, I'm going to be skipping a good amount of stuff before the next video. Here is what I tentatively have planned before the next video:

- Farm a ton of cash in preparation for fusions, more arcades, etc (I'm thinking like 200k+)

- Complete and turn in a bunch of Elizabeth's requests (Junpei's portable game system, perform Cadenza, kill Wealth Hand for Lead Medal, fuse Jack Frost with Dia)

- Fuse some personas in preparation for battle + social links (in particular, Lilim, Yomotsuko whatever, Forneus, Ara Mitama...)

Change Relic down!

This was kind of ridiculous. I went into this battle without a real strategy, just planning to do some testing, and decided to record it on a whim... and this ended up happening!!

If you're wondering why Akihiko does so much damage with Sonic Punch, it's because I gave him the Giga Power Band that I got from the last Sunday deal. I knew they would come in handy at some point, but I certainly wasn't expecting it to happen so soon!

Edited by ruadath